Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Danny Granger - any interest?

So looks like the pacers might be willing to part ways with Granger considering the play of both George and Stephenson...

Do we have any interest in him and what he offers? I know we have in the past - one of the best pure shooters in the league in my opinion...

The way our team is currently - I can't see it,

But if Monroe or Smith were to be moved, could be a really good fit at the 3 to spread the floor...

Hypothetically - what would we likely need to give up / Pacers want from us in return for him?...

Default Re: Danny Granger - any interest?

The only piece I would be willing to move for Granger is Smith.

I doubt Indiana would want to take Smith and mess up the balance they have right now. He would really need to take a backseat on offense for that team to work. But damn...I couldn't even imagine that team defensively with Smith.

Now would we want Granger. He is a REALLY risky proposition. Hasn't been fully healthy in a long time.

Reasons for:
    He spreads the floor better than Smith would.
    He isn't a temper-mental player.
    If he gets injured, it helps us get a better draft pick in this upcoming draft.
    We would have a true SF

Reasons not:
    He is always injured
    Even if healthy, I don't know how much he can bring to the table at this point.

I'd probably not want him.

Decent college freshman

I'd send them Stuckey, that's about it.

NBA lottery pick

I even think Stuckey would be more productive at this point. Granger is always hurt. I think the rest of his career will be like that. Stuckey has been our best scorer this season so far. He's actually been pretty good this season.

I love Stuckey in this 6th man role. It is finally a defined role and he can thrive in it. I don't want him to ever start again I love this version of him... He for my liking should be the front runner for 6th man of the year so far?...

NBA lottery pick

I think he would be in the conversation for 6th man. The problem is you typically have to be on a winning team to win those types of awards. The Pistons will need to step it up and start making some noise as a playoff team for it to happen.

Beating the Heat in Miami by 10 is a good start then right?! ^^ haha

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Beating the Heat in Miami by 10 is a good start then right?! ^^ haha
    its a win agaisnt a quality team but its also true they didnt had Wade. Id like to see us atleast 3-4 games above .500

NBA lottery pick

I'd much rather see them win against the Heat in a 7 game series . I actually think the Pistons are a tough match up for Miami. The one way to beat Miami is with size. We saw the Pacers and Bulls give them problems because they have more size. Detroit does too and that's what hurts them. Miami is still a much better team at this point.