Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: The Draft Thread

I'm just more and more convinced that Derrick Williams is the best player in this draft. He's going to be a superstar IMO. I'm also becoming more and more convinced that both Knight and Walker are scorring guard off the bench types. I'd probably go Williams and Valanciunas/Kanter. I'd consider Burks as well.

If you go Irving and still want a SF, I'd take Singleton over Vessely or Leonard, maybe in a trade down to 8 or something.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Heard Cleveland offered Memphis their #4 pick in exchange for Rudy Gay (w/help of their trade exception). Memphis rejected

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/twitter.php#ixzz1NHAPqFT1
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    hmmm...

Good college starter

The Cavs are working out my boy Cory Higgins today.

http://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci_18142890

He's 6'5 and can play both PG-SG positions.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons about a three-team trade that would give Cleveland the top two picks of next month's NBA draft.

The Cavaliers would use the picks to select Duke point guard Kyrie Irving and Arizona forward Derrick Williams, the sources said.

In the trade being discussed, Cleveland would absorb Detroit's Richard Hamilton into the $14.6 million trade exception it received in last summer's LeBron James sign-and-trade with Miami, while also receiving the Pistons' No. 8 pick. The Cavaliers would then send that pick, along with their fourth pick, to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' second pick.

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN The Magazine

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1NiTzXFl1
    interesting interesting

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker
    interesting interesting
    I hope the Cavs can pull it off. I heard and read that if Williams get drafted to the Cavs that he wants to wear #23. I hope he wears it.

Decent college freshman

Gilbert needs to lay down the hammer and make them draft Williams #1. Go with either Valanciunas or Knight at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Gilbert needs to lay down the hammer and make them draft Williams #1. Go with either Valanciunas or Knight at 4.

i still don't understand why people want Knight over Irving. Irving is bigger and is much closer to a pure PG than Knight.

Decent college freshman

I don't want Knight over Irving, I want Williams over Irving.

A lot of people who have been around and/or watched Knight seem to have a different opinion of him than your average fan. Supposedly extremely coachable and some are pretty impressed with his passing skills. He tested out extremely well with his quickness, athleticism and size too.

Plus with Sessions/Davis, you have time to groom Knight into a PG. You have no other way to acquire a young, potential star at SF though. I really think Williams will be a superstar, that's the key to whether you draft him or not.

and he's not "bigger" enough to matter

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I don't want Knight over Irving, I want Williams over Irving.

A lot of people who have been around and/or watched Knight seem to have a different opinion of him than your average fan. Supposedly extremely coachable and some are pretty impressed with his passing skills. He tested out extremely well with his quickness, athleticism and size too.

Plus with Sessions/Davis, you have time to groom Knight into a PG. You have no other way to acquire a young, potential star at SF though. I really think Williams will be a superstar, that's the key to whether you draft him or not.

and he's not "bigger" enough to matter
    I do like Williams, and wouldn't have a major problem with taking him at 1, as i think he's easily one of the two top talented prospects of this draft, but I would rather take Irving who won't be switching positions. as draftexpress noted
    Looking at other small forwards drafted in the top-15 in our database, Williams would be the heaviest small forward picked since Rodney Rogers in 1993. Rogers didn't spend a significant time at the three-position as his career progressed. The next heaviest three drafted in that range was LeBron James, who tipped the scales at 245. By no means is it impossible to see Williams playing the small forward position full time at the next level, but he would rank as one of the more physically unique players we've seen there in some time.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1NxiM49Pq
    That said, with his drive, i wouldn't put it past him to be a stud SF. But as much as i like the Cavs, we're more than likely going to be in the lottery next year, with a lot more talented wings coming out. if we stay at 1 and 4, i like the combo of Irving and Kanter moreso than Williams-Knight.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker
    But as much as i like the Cavs, we're more than likely going to be in the lottery next year, with a lot more talented wings coming out. if we stay at 1 and 4, i like the combo of Irving and Kanter moreso than Williams-Knight.
    this

i think we need to get two solid players this year, and get a potential superstar in next year's draft, which looks a lot better. i didnt like what i heard from williams' interview, and im skeptical about him wanting to play the 3 for the first time in his life at the nba. id like to see us take irving and either kanter or valanciunas, preferably kanter, as i heard valanciunas had contract issues.

NBA Combine medical examination results are slowly trickling out. We must proceed w/caution, but appears Enes Kanter's knee checked out fine

Internet reports indicated that Enes Kanter has bad knees. It appears that they were unsubstantiated. Not a nice thing to speculate about...

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/twitter.php#ixzz1O2dfwFc3
    well that's good to hear

NBA Finals

Pick No.1 = Kyrie Irving - it's a PGs league now. John Wall, Tyreke Evans, D-Rose, D.Williams, CP3.....etc. we gotta have one of those guys if we wanna win a ring.

Pick No.4 - imo id trade it for a swingman on the market (AI2, Rudy Gay-if available-) but if i had to draft someone it would either be Kanter or Williams if theyre still available

Good college starter

and officially, we take Kyrie Irving!

and surprisingly, we take Tristen Thompson with our 4th