Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default New Cosmos series on cosmology/astronomy/life

Live stream to introduce the show and answer fan questions (Starts Sunday March 9):

http://new.livestream.com/fox/cosmosliveevent

On Tuesday evening, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and the producers of "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" will answer your questions during a live question and answer session to be broadcast from the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, and you can watch it live, right here.

The live broadcast begins at 6 p.m. PST.

"Cosmos: A SpacetimeOdyssey" premieres at 9 p.m. Sunday on Fox and the National Geographic Channel. It it is an update of Carl Sagan's seminal 1980 PBS series "Cosmos: A Personal Journey."

Sagan's "Cosmos" was an attempt to explain as much as we know about "all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." Armed with a "spaceship of the imagination" he took viewers to the edge of the universe, showed us what it might look like to travel at near the speed of light and helped us conceptualize what a journey to the stars might look like.

This time around Tyson, the charismatic head of the Hayden Planetarium in New York City, is charged with leading us through the world of scientific discovery.

http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...#ixzz2v3OJSWzZ
    It is hosted by the great Neil deGrasse Tyson. More on him here.. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=319992
    Last edited by bladefd; 03-04-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Default Re: New Cosmos series on cosmology/astronomy/life

Original Cosmos was the greatest show ever made.

Neil deGrasse Tyson got some huge shoes to fill, but he's the best man for the job.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Now this is a show I can't wait to watch. Neil Degreasse Tyson is a genius. This is a person young black youth should look up to. Not someone like Easy E. NDT is intelligent, well spoken, has properly fitted clothing, and seems quite approachable and even likeable. He was raised in NYC with a 2 parent home. He himself is married with children. This should be inspiration to you young black folk out there who look up to the wrong people in life.

shhhhhhh

This is a show I'm looking forward to watching... Loved the original... must have seen it "Billions" of time

sry had to

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

My DVR is ready

*BUMP*

It starts tonight. I can't wait to see the first episode tonight on FX/NationalGeographic/Fox (don't get put off by this - it's the material that matters!). I just hope it is as good as I expected it to be.. I don't want the great Carl Sagan to roll in his grave

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Now this is a show I can't wait to watch. Neil Degreasse Tyson is a genius. This is a person young black youth should look up to. Not someone like Easy E. NDT is intelligent, well spoken, has properly fitted clothing, and seems quite approachable and even likeable. He was raised in NYC with a 2 parent home. He himself is married with children. This should be inspiration to you young black folk out there who look up to the wrong people in life.

How out of touch is this dude?

I am excited for it. Love shows like this and through the wormhole... it's as fascinating as it gets.

NBA Legend

Tyson is Based for sure

But how much more is there to explain to people whove already watched The Universe and other relatively recent space docu programs. Hasnt exactly been an effusion of major discoveries in the last 5 years. Not even all that many minor ones to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Tyson is Based for sure

But how much more is there to explain to people whove already watched The Universe and other relatively recent space docu programs. Hasnt exactly been an effusion of major discoveries in the last 5 years. Not even all that many minor ones to my knowledge.
    Isn't the point to reach new viewers and not people who have seen all of this kind of stuff before?

How out of touch is this dude?
    You mean black people don't look up someone who died of aids almost 20 years ago?

Poor whitey's world is shattered.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Isn't the point to reach new viewers and not people who have seen all of this kind of stuff before?

I guess but you could just rerun the programs that have already covered it and arent even 10 yrs old.

If there isnt much new info I dont know what the point of a new series is. This isnt a sitcom, its science.

I mean obviously I dont really care if they do or not, just saying I dont quite get the motivation.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    *BUMP*

It starts tonight. I can't wait to see the first episode tonight on FX/NationalGeographic/Fox (don't get put off by this - it's the material that matters!). I just hope it is as good as I expected it to be.. I don't want the great Carl Sagan to roll in his grave
    thanks for the reminder, looking forward to this