Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Consensual sex with a Teen = Morally depraved | Gay on Gay = Not morally depraved??

I am a christian and to be homest i actually agree that per my personal morals all of these situations are morally wrong. The thing is, while I think my morals are right, I have no right to force them on anyone else anymore than someone who thinks homosexuality is morally correct has the right to make me screw another guy so they are more than welcome to bang away

Default Re: Consensual sex with a Teen = Morally depraved | Gay on Gay = Not morally depraved??

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    So Zophila's are not morally depraved either and having consensual sex with a teen isn't either.

First it was "they were born that way"
    Then it was "they are two consenting individual"
    Now its "well it ain't morally wrong"

Ohh how convenient.
    I don't understand how you can't get it through you're head that its between 2 consenting ADULTS. The laws determining the age to consent would be the same for gay as they are for straight people.

I can't tell if you are too stupid to understand this or if you are purposely ignoring it because it destroys your entire argument.

Oh look another teacher is in a sexual relationship with his student and probably had consensual sex with her before she turned 18.

Proving yet again my argument is not a matter of consent.

If a grown person can't have consensual sex with a teenager because as you all said, its "morally wrong so its against the law". So Why should a homo have sex with another homo? Isn't that also morally wrong?
    Its morally wrong because an older person has the ability to manipulate a younger person.

I dont see how you can say its morally wrong for a man to love another man because what is it they are doing again? Oh yeah thats right...loving. How is loving morally wrong? Nobody gets hurt, nobody gets manipulated. They are grown man and are making a decision that really harms no one.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I don't understand how you can't get it through you're head that its between 2 consenting ADULTS. The laws determining the age to consent would be the same for gay as they are for straight people.
    yea but then what is an adult? that's just a social construct. there were times and societies where you became a man when you were 13 and were expected to have family and wives as early as 16. Yet now we would consider those to be kids. (okay there are certain physiological prerequisite for consideration to be adult but that's also largely individual based and the ages of 18 and 21 are fairly arbitrary)

All morality and these social norms are necessarily culture bound and created/consented on by the members of a community.

In this relativistic realm, what is moral and correct is nothing more than a social contract that's agreed on by the majority.

Hence I think the question OP asks can be interpreted in two ways:
    1) why are certain acts deemed deviant while others aren't in the society we live in?
    2) do these standards and norms have any legitimacy in an absolute perspective?
    Last edited by heyhey; 03-04-2012 at 02:33 AM.

My whole point is about the legality of homosexuality because the reason the argument was even posed was because the OP is trying to paint homosexuality as immoral in order to justify keeping it illegal.

I don't feel like discussing the morality of it because the is a whole nother can of worms and frankly I just don't care lol.

old men had teenagers everyday back in the olden days

I rule the local playground Rojogaqu11's Avatar

Regarding incest...

so where did Cain of the Bible find his wife?

So Zophila's are not morally depraved either and having consensual sex with a teen isn't either.

First it was "they were born that way"
    Then it was "they are two consenting individual"
    Now its "well it ain't morally wrong"

Ohh how convenient.
    If you're a logical thinker, it was all three to begin with.

Nobody is making excuses for homosexuals to date one another. It's an attraction they can't control, ya dig?

As for a 40-year-old teacher leaving his 3 kids & wife for a student? That's morally fucked up. That's an attraction the man can and SHOULD control, but it's too late now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
    Regarding incest...

so where did Cain of the Bible find his wife?
    they weren't literally the first pple, i believe

there were others around the earth to ****