Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking 30 Greatest No Limit Records Releases

From 1991 to 2003, No Limit Records put out some 85 releases. Here are the best of the best.

30. 504 Boyz: Goodfellas 2000 - Originally a super group formed in 1998 featuring Master P, Mystikal and Silkk the Shocker, thie album wasn't released until 2000, by then Mystikal had left the tank ...
    29. Lil Ric: Deep N Tha Game 1994 - Richmond era No Limit rapper Lil Ric dropped this heater in 94, featuring JT the Bigga Figga.
    28. Master P: 99 Ways To Die 1995 - The first MP album to chart in the spring of 95' the beginning of MP's empire.
    27 Silkk the Shocker: Charge It 2 Da Game 1998 - Silkk dropped some bangers on this joint, like No Limit Soldier.
    26. West Coast Bad Boyz, Vol. I: Anotha Level of the Game 1994 - While this wasn't the album to put No Limit on the map, P's previous joint, it was the first to chart and showed Master P's entrepreneurship is getting some of the Bay's best on one record.
    -----
    25. Magic: Sky's the Limit 1998 - If you remember this as a future release in other No Limit releases, this was actually the first release through TRU Records (C-Murder's label) but TRU was under the inprint No Limit, so it counts ...
    24. Steady Mobb'n: Pre-Meditated Drama 1997 - Riding off the success of their hit single "If I Could Change" they were the first Bay Area artist since MP set up shop in New Orleans in late 95'.
    23. Master P: MP Da Last Don 1998 - Supposedly Percey's last album, it charted a week before it was released at 95 (how'd that happen?)
    22. Kane and Abel: Am I My Brother's Keeper 1998 - Their second release, did y'all know this charted at #5 on the Pop charts in June of 98'? No Limit was pwnin'.
    21. Tre-8: Ghetto Stories 1995 - Forgotten soldier. Was probably with No Limit for les than a year, but dropped a hard hitter in 95'. His flow ws different from most NO rappers, y'all should give this a listen.
    -----
    20. Snoop Dogg: The Game Is To Be Told, Not To Be Sold 1998 - Changed his name, and record label but everything else stayed the same. The most anticipated album in the rap game in 1998, he didn't disappoint. Topped the chart for 3 straight weeks and went quad-platinum.
    19. Mia X: Mama Drama 1998 - Shortly after Snoop dropped, it was time for the biggest Mama to drop her third (and most successful) LP.
    18. C-Murder: Trapped In Crime 2000 - Could an album cover and title ever depict the future ... It was jammin' though.
    17. Snoop Dogg: No Limit Top Dogg 1999 - Everyone knows how Master P/No Limit promoted their artist, well this record was promoted in Snoop's debut joint with the label. It did drop (though the cover was altered.) It didn't hit number one on the charts like his debut (#2) but featured appearances from his old stompin' grounds like Dre, Nate Dogg, Dazz and Kurupt and the No Limit Soldiers.
    16. Silkk: The Shocker 1996 - The album that changed is name. People hate on Silkk, but his rapping style was different back then, check him out, he ain't takin' no shorts.
    -----
    15. C-Murder: Life or Death 1998 - Could an album cover and title ever depict the future ... It was jammin' though ... Same as above, but so TRU.
    14. Skull Duggery: Hoodlum Fo' Life 1996 - Another forgotten soldier along with Tre-8. What made this different from other NL releases is that it featured virtually no guest artist.
    13. Mystikal: Unpredictable 1997 - His first with the Tank and his best with the tank. Featured everyone from E-40 o Snoop Doggy Dog (before he joined No Limit months later.)
    12. Mia X: Unlady Like 1997 - Her second appearance (and her second album.) She bought the big guns for this record with Foxy Brown and Salt-N-Pepa.
    11. Fiend: Street Life 1999 - Fiend was one of the top dogs for the tank and this record didn't disappoint. If featred virtually no guest artist, hell the Cornell didn't even bless this record.

THE TOP TEN

10. West Coast Bad Boyz, Vol. II1997 - The second of three volumes in this set. SInce P' was bigger in 97' than 94' it featured bigger artist from the West like Westside Connection, E-40, Mac Dre and Brotha Lynch Hung.

9. Soulja Slim - Give It 2 'Em Raw 1998 - Yep, and it was raw, and Soulja gave it to em. a No Limit classic with bangers every where.

8. Mac: Shell Shocked 1998 - Probably the best lyricist on No Limit, Mac had been with the tank since 96 and finally dropped in the late dummer of 98' and it was worth the wait. The record went Gold.

7. Fiend: There's One In Every Family 1998 - A year after making his debut on the tank, this record dropped Mr. Wamp-Wamp was here now.

6. TRU: TRU 2 Da Game 1997 - TRU: TRU 2 Da Game 1997[/B] - Their first release as just the Miller boys (previously conceived of the Miller boys, King George, Big Ed, Cali G and Milk Man - I still don't know who 'Milk Man' is yet.)

5. Master P: Ice Cream Man 1996 - The man who told you how to make crack was finally on top of the rap game. This was the first (but not last) platinum album for his No Limit Record inprint.

[B]4. Down South Hustlers: Bouncin

Local High School Star TakitoEspanoza's Avatar

Default Re: 30 Greatest No Limit Records Releases

cool story bro

sympathy bump.

Banned

If I were to make a list of my guilty pleasures during the 90's Snoop Dogg: The Game Is To Be Told, Not To Be Sold 1998 would be in it..

National High School Star KoolKat's Avatar

That's some ugly ass covers

That MAC album was the sh*t....I used to love "Can I ball?" Off of there.

We used to all bump NO LIMIT back when i was in Highschool....good times.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    If I were to make a list of my guilty pleasures during the 90's Snoop Dogg: The Game Is To Be Told, Not To Be Sold 1998 would be in it..
    No Limit as a whole is my guilty pleasure.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I am not going to lie...No Limit and Cash Money were my guilty pleasure...they weren't bad like nowadays.

TRU 2 Da Game was banger album...it's one of my favorite album.

On No Limit albums I liked (Life or Death, Shell Shocked, Ghetto Dope, Ice Cream Man, Tru 2 Da Game, Unlady Like, There's One In Every Family, MP Da Last Don, Unpredictable, I'm Bout It Soundtrack, Kane & Abel - 7 Sins.

I actually think 7 Sins better than Am I My Brother's Keeper

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Forgot BG's brother Soulja Slim...I like him.

I never like Silkk The Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Forgot BG's brother Soulja Slim...I like him.

I never like Silkk The Shocker.
    Listen to early Silk, completely different. Once he changed his name, it was over ...

BG and Slim aren't brothers. Full Blooded (remember him) is BG's cousin though.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Listen to early Silk, completely different. Once he changed his name, it was over ...

Believe me, I actually I have his first cd, "The Shocker"....it wasn't bad album. Charge It 2 Da Game, wasn't bad either but still he can't rap. I think The Shocker is etter than Charige It 2 Da Game.....I believe Silkk The Shocker fked Beyonce before Jay-Z did.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Wait a min.....I remember BG said himself....Soujla Slim was his older brother in the interivew if i am not mistake.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Magic is not bad rapper, he under C-Murder....I like the song "No Limit": with Snoop Doog & C-Murder

"N.O.....L.I.M.I.T....N!gga can't fk with me"

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Hey L.Kizzle....do you have a "Smoking Green" song off Tru 2 Da Game album/tape because it doesn't have a song off of cd that I have...I am sure it's on tape.

If you do then upload that song.

Believe me, I actually I have his first cd, "The Shocker"....it wasn't bad album. Charge It 2 Da Game, wasn't bad either but still he can't rap. I think The Shocker is etter than Charige It 2 Da Game.....I believe Silkk The Shocker fked Beyonce before Jay-Z did.
    I'm talkin' bout even before "The Shocker" album. His flow was different. Check out True or an early Master P or No Limit record.

Wait a min.....I remember BG said himself....Soujla Slim was his older brother in the interivew if i am not mistake.
    Yeah, they brothers but not by blood. They from the same hood, real close, grew up together. If they was bros, they'd have been on the same label, or did more tracks together. After booth left NL/CMR, where was the brother duet album. Also, when Slim wasn't with a label and BG was with CMB, you would have heard Slim (or Magnolia Slim) on some cuts, hell Mac was on some early BG records.

Magic is not bad rapper, he under C-Murder....I like the song "No Limit": with Snoop Doog & C-Murder

"N.O.....L.I.M.I.T....N!gga can't fk with me"
    MR. Magic was cool.

Hey L.Kizzle....do you have a "Smoking Green" song off Tru 2 Da Game album/tape because it doesn't have a song off of cd that I have...I am sure it's on tape.

If you do then upload that song.
    That was on the first edition of "TRU 2 a Game." After the success of Ghetto D they re-released it (later that same year) with that song deleted and two solos each by C-Murder and Silkk the Shocker.

Ay remember King George??

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I'm talkin' bout even before "The Shocker" album. His flow was different. Check out True or an early Master P or No Limit record.

I have it but I didn't like it, Tru 2 Da Game was better than TRU.

Yeah, they brothers but not by blood. They from the same hood, real close, grew up together. If they was bros, they'd have been on the same label, or did more tracks together. After booth left NL/CMR, where was the brother duet album. Also, when Slim wasn't with a label and BG was with CMB, you would have heard Slim (or Magnolia Slim) on some cuts, hell Mac was on some early BG records.

You might be right but I actually remember BG said himself that they actually real brother by blood. Magnolia Slim = Soulja Slim right?

MR. Magic was cool.

That was on the first edition of "TRU 2 a Game." After the success of Ghetto D they re-released it (later that same year) with that song deleted and two solos each by C-Murder and Silkk the Shocker.

Oh, Interesting....I didn't know that....new to me. I always thought it's gotta do with the cassette & cd....it seems to me that cassette got have more songs than CDs. Nas - It Was Written ( on the cassette, they have "Silent Murder" and "Pray", etc. & Mobb Deep on the cassette Murda Muzik "Trill Me" and there's a lot of song that missing.

Ay remember King George??
    Yeah, I know him....he's whack. Dude, I am old hip-hop head with the lyrical music but No Limit & Cash Money were my guilty pleasant but they are still whack but at least they got their own styles.