Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Who's better?: Nets vs Clipper?

I'll do month long avy bet for 42 being their max win total. So if they hit 43+ you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I didn't say 40 max, I said 40 is a more realistic goal, I'd say 42 max. Your starting 5 by the end of last season if healthy and not tanking would have had 4 of the same starters bro. Lopez had the foot injuries or w/e but was still your center. Wallace was acquired in a trade before trade deadline. Deron was your starting PG. Humphries was your starting PF. Marshon Brooks was your best bench player along with Gerald Green. What's changed drastically? Green is with the Pacers, Johnson was brought in but the core of your team is still identical pretty much.
    Ok ok, you're right we suck

41 win avi bet?

Over I win, under you win.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Yeah.. I know... it's the only concern I really have right now about the team reaching 50 games and the 2nd round. I still think they could win 41 games without him. Are you trying to steer me away from the bet?
    Haha, no....its was aimed at you but not really aimed at you, i hear from the Net fans on this board a lot that LOPEZ IS BACK! like it's a given. He might very well be fine all year but i think people ignore that he really might not.

I'll do month long avy bet for 42 being their max win total. So if they hit 43+ you win.
    Why not 40?
    You said that was a realistic goal I thought?

Banned

They are both solid teams with underrated pieces, what tilts the scale to the Clippers side for me is having an additional superstar to complement CP3 + all that experience from last year. A niece combination of young upcoming players and veterans. Don't like Deandre Jordan at all though, should've let GSW deal with that situation.

The Nets have many questions. For a large part of last year Deron Williams was playing like straight up garbage. Add in the fact that Brook Lopez is coming from injuries. The may need a year to get acclamaited to each other to become a possible contender, which the Clippers arguably are.

Ok ok, you're right we suck

41 win avi bet?

Over I win, under you win.
    Naw Nets don't suck they just need to prove something with this core and have a year of experience together before the expectations go too high. You guys didn't acquire Chris Paul, you acquired Joe Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Haha, no....its was aimed at you but not really aimed at you, i hear from the Net fans on this board a lot that LOPEZ IS BACK! like it's a given. He might very well be fine all year but i think people ignore that he really might not.
    I'm not optimistic at all.. much more of a pessimistic/realist than most fans.. you should know this about me by now.

Fine we can do 41 wins. So 41 or less and I win?

Naw Nets don't suck they just need to prove something with this core and have a year of experience together before the expectations go too high. You guys didn't acquire Chris Paul, you acquired Joe Johnson.
    Yup, I agree. All we added was JJ and I'm delusional for thinking they can win more than 45 games... in fact .500 should be our goal like you said.

So meet in the middle.. 41 games..1 month AVI bet with Niko the witness.
    In?

Fine we can do 41 wins. So 41 or less and I win?
    I think 41 should be a wash like Niko said.
    1 month as soon as the regular season ends.

I think 41 should be a wash like Niko said.
    1 month as soon as the regular season ends.
    I don't get it. So they have to win 40 games or less for me to win? I personally think they will win 41-42 so why would I take that bet? I said 40 is a more realistic goal, doesn't mean it's my personal prediction. I think 40-42 is where they will finish.

I don't get it. So they have to win 40 games or less for me to win? I personally think they will win 41-42 so why would I take that bet? I said 40 is a more realistic goal, doesn't mean it's my personal prediction. I think 40-42 is where they will finish.
    If 42 is your max, it means you don't think they will probably reach it.. so why should I bet it?

You said 40 should be their goal.. why would their goal be something others expect them to get? Shouldn't their goal be higher and to exceed expecations? It sounds like you thought 40 would be a good season exceeding expectations.. thus it is a goal in your eyes.

If 42 is your max, it means you don't think they will probably reach it.. so why should I bet it?

You said 40 should be their goal.. why would their goal be something others expect them to get? Shouldn't their goal be higher and to exceed expecations? It sounds like you thought 40 would be a good season exceeding expectations.. thus it is a goal in your eyes.
    cough [COLOR="White"](he's scared) [/COLOR]cough....

If the Nets win 40-42 games (about) I'm curious the fan reaction because the casual fan in Brooklyn is being painted a picture of a team that is much better than the Knicks, and plans to contend. That they are REALLY good. The truth is more to me they are trying to build a contender, but most importantly building a culture that will allow them to build consistent good teams. But the thing being sold is not that, it's YOU HAVEN'T HAD A GOOD TEAM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER - DON'T WORRY! THE NETS ARE HERE!

Yea not the teams goal, the fans realistic expectation before knowing anything about the teams chemistry and how quickly they gel. 40-42 range which is a big difference from the 45-50 or w/e you said.

Yea not the teams goal, the fans realistic expectation before knowing anything about the teams chemistry and how quickly they gel. 40-42 range which is a big difference from the 45-50 or w/e you said.
    Fair enough....

41 and under, you win
    42 and higher, I win.

1 month Avy right after the regular season ends.

Deal?