Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

That's true after all of the responses he did to reaction of all of this, he made a bad rep for the team & himself, shows he can't handle the losing, we could of settled for a better response for him less unprofessional but he chose this way to ending everything, we all know what he has to say don't know why he blasted it.

Dan Gilbert came off as a mad little kid who got his lollipop stolen. Grow up.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Penny4MVP2k's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lacasner
    Dan Gilbert came off as a mad little kid who got his lollipop stolen. Grow up.
    Everyone knows if Mark Cuban woulda wrote this letter we all woulda been like

I'm just sayin...

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penny4MVP2k
    Everyone knows if Mark Cuban woulda wrote this letter we all woulda been like

I'm just sayin...
    yep. "the league needs more owners like CUban!" and so forth

LOL that was too funny.

It makes perfect sense for Lebron though. Since he can't step up in crucial playoff games he decided to join someone (Wade) who can.

College star

if Lebron did quit on teh cavs, there should be a bigger reaction. I think we all knew he called it quits during teh playoffs against teh celtics. kinda bs. i like this cavs owner who is not sitting back and taking it. The cavs did everytying for the guy and his mom and his entourage. They treated him like a real king. Ofcourse he is upset at Lebron for the way he treated the cavs and their fans. I am glad this owner did not sit back and play the politically right game.

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gilbert
    There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.
    That's what stuck out to me. Delonte, anybody?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    Oh please. Good God man you have to be shitting me. The Lakers have stacked the deck for years. If the Heat win a championship next year it will be no less valid than this years Lakers team with Odem , Gasol and Artest. Kode did nothing on his own. Mike did nothing on his own. Neither did KG or anyone else in the league. Its a team sport.
    Where the hell did I say Kobe won his rings on his own? Yes, basketball is very much a team sport, but its Kobe's willingness to have a legend and a mystique to say "hey, I want to be the guy a team relies on, and I want to bring them to the promise land."

LeBron was quoted last night to not even wanting to essentially be that guy who is relied on to score 30 and be the guy a team relies on. He's not a leader, plain and simple. he's a follower.

LeBron has shown he totally lacks this. He has no character or heart what so ever. Kobe in 2007 was willing to go to a Bulls team with Hinrich / Gordon / Wallace and more compitent role players than he had in LA in 2006 and 2007 and felt he could make them a championship contender. It was Paxson's dumb ass refusal to let go of one Luol Deng that stopped the whole thing.

That's what I meant by Kobe's appreciation for the lone gun slinger act.

But LMAO to even compare Gasol (a star player, but a clear sidekick), and Odom and Artest two very good role players ... one being basically valuable on one side of the floor and the other being one of the most inconsistent players in the league. And comparing Bryant's cast Gasol, Odom, Artest to Wade and Bosh. Bosh alone is arguably better than Gasol is or was. Don't you get that? He's now playing with the 2nd best SG in the game and a top five player ever at the position ... only players for sure ranked higher than him at SG are Jordan and Bryant. West, arguable. Wade already won his ring as THE GUY. Something LeBron has yet to do.

What LeBron did yesterday would be the equivelent to Jordan not winning a ring his first 6 years then saying **** it I need to join with a top 3 player in the league, someone whose production is arguably the equivelent of mine (another alpha dog player) like say Charles Barkely, and then saying he needs an elite big man as well say David Robinson ... all in order to a short cut to a championship ring.

There is no value in any of that. Along the way spurning his HOME ****ing TOWN. Who enabled him and never even held the criticism light to any of his doing through out his seven year career there the way even MJ had his critics. Whom didn't deflate him, made him elevate and want to prove them wrong. Fact is ... LeBron is weak mentally.

The only two legit choices to leaving Cleveland would've been the Knicks or the Bulls. The Bulls giving him arguable just as good a chance at winning as MIA, with less negative feedback, and still would retain a legacy as being THE man to lead a team to a championship. Not now ...

LeBron winning alongside Wade and Bosh is a bigger handicap in his favor than considering Bryant's first 3 rings non existent cause he played with Shaq.

LeBron James is a *****.

Local High School Star

John Barry: "1 ring in Cleveland would have equaled 4 rings in Miami"

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    "Nor NEVER will" is awkwardly phrased. Someone get this guy a writers reference.
    people that actually care about grammer most likely don't comprehend literature in the least. Just because something doesn't have correct punctuation/grammer doesn't mean that it cannot be written in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Hell, just read Faulkner or Twain and you'll find out that the english language is made to have a ton of leeway as far as grammer is concerned. Faulkner never got past the 11th grade, yet is one of the greatest writers this world has ever seen and has won multiple Pulitzers and i believe even a nobel prize.

lol @ grammer nazis actually caring what people think about them over the internet.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Not really. Venting your emotions on a public forum for the world to see is not respectable or applaudable. Its like when you break up with your girlfriend, you have 2 options when your asked about her - 1) speak about the good times and wish her the best and look like a mature adult or 2) tell your true feelings and come out looking like a butt-hurt child.

Gilbert chose the 2nd option.
    his fan base got pissed on yesterday. not entirely because lebron left, but moreso by the way he did it. everyone in the world besides so nutty lebron fanboys agrees with that. had lebron let them know he would be leaving behind closed doors this rant does not happen. unless other players coming there plan on being a ****ing a jackass and shitting on the city after their contract is up, then they have nothing to worry about.

Made that high school varsity squad Kappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Where the hell did I say Kobe won his rings on his own? Yes, basketball is very much a team sport, but its Kobe's willingness to have a legend and a mystique to say "hey, I want to be the guy a team relies on, and I want to bring them to the promise land."

LeBron was quoted last night to not even wanting to essentially be that guy who is relied on to score 30 and be the guy a team relies on. He's not a leader, plain and simple. he's a follower.

LeBron has shown he totally lacks this. He has no character or heart what so ever. Kobe in 2007 was willing to go to a Bulls team with Hinrich / Gordon / Wallace and more compitent role players than he had in LA in 2006 and 2007 and felt he could make them a championship contender. It was Paxson's dumb ass refusal to let go of one Luol Deng that stopped the whole thing.

That's what I meant by Kobe's appreciation for the lone gun slinger act.

But LMAO to even compare Gasol (a star player, but a clear sidekick), and Odom and Artest two very good role players ... one being basically valuable on one side of the floor and the other being one of the most inconsistent players in the league. And comparing Bryant's cast Gasol, Odom, Artest to Wade and Bosh. Bosh alone is arguably better than Gasol is or was. Don't you get that? He's now playing with the 2nd best SG in the game and a top five player ever at the position ... only players for sure ranked higher than him at SG are Jordan and Bryant. West, arguable. Wade already won his ring as THE GUY. Something LeBron has yet to do.

What LeBron did yesterday would be the equivelent to Jordan not winning a ring his first 6 years then saying **** it I need to join with a top 3 player in the league, someone whose production is arguably the equivelent of mine (another alpha dog player) like say Charles Barkely, and then saying he needs an elite big man as well say David Robinson ... all in order to a short cut to a championship ring.

There is no value in any of that. Along the way spurning his HOME ****ing TOWN. Who enabled him and never even held the criticism light to any of his doing through out his seven year career there the way even MJ had his critics. Whom didn't deflate him, made him elevate and want to prove them wrong. Fact is ... LeBron is weak mentally.

The only two legit choices to leaving Cleveland would've been the Knicks or the Bulls. The Bulls giving him arguable just as good a chance at winning as MIA, with less negative feedback, and still would retain a legacy as being THE man to lead a team to a championship. Not now ...

LeBron winning alongside Wade and Bosh is a bigger handicap in his favor than considering Bryant's first 3 rings non existent cause he played with Shaq.

LeBron James is a *****.
    +1

♫♪♫

dan is a mad mad man

Very good NBA starter

he instantly lost millions of dollars in his investment. of course he mad. do i care about him though? nope. f--k him.

Saw a basketball once

Bitter, self-serving comment to the extreme.

However, this part was largely true, "This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment."

I like Lebron, but we didn't need a one-hour blocked out special for him to go on ESPN and announce this decision. I found Lebron humble and intelligent, as always, but the act of calling a one-hour interview to announce this decision in prime time was narcissistic. Just announce it like everyone else. We've had other great, highly coveted free agents. None felt the need to do this.