Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Anyone here mess with Testosterone boosters?

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    j$, hateraid..what are your opinions on drinking alkaline water...been thinking of getting a machine
    Most tap waters are alkaline. Get a PH checker and see what the PH level is in your water. Otherwise, it's a great investment. My sister in law has a Kangen filter and I take jugs there and fill up. It's an expensive investment, I'd see as a luxury item.

A cheaper way may be to add chlorophyl to your water. Very high on the PH level. Also a great disinfectant for your body

I'm a little dissappointed towards the negative reaction to natural test boosters. While every likes to say these products "don't work", these same products are being clinically tested world wide for there positive affects on prostate support, hormonal control, and other male defficiencies. These same products that "don't work" are widely used for there MCT and PCT therapy.

I've studied these products on a holistic level, I can honestly say all products work, the ones that don't are because peoples expectations are skued.

I've heard and read from just about everybody that recommends squats and dead lifts for maximum testosterone output, but I'm just curious as to why that is. I have pretty terrible form for squats, especially when it gets to heavier weights, and have been told more than once that I could cause myself back problems doing it the way I do, so I've been focusing a little more on leg lifts. Is it the muscles themselves that provide the test boosts? In other words, would the leg press be as beneficial as squats in that regard?

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    I've heard and read from just about everybody that recommends squats and dead lifts for maximum testosterone output, but I'm just curious as to why that is. I have pretty terrible form for squats, especially when it gets to heavier weights, and have been told more than once that I could cause myself back problems doing it the way I do, so I've been focusing a little more on leg lifts. Is it the muscles themselves that provide the test boosts? In other words, would the leg press be as beneficial as squats in that regard?
    It's an anaerobic compound exercise. Meaning you're working a number of muscle groups simutaneously which requires alot of muscle recruitment. This in turn causes your body to overcompensate testosterone production.

Since squats work the most and largest muscle groups simutaneously in your glutes, core, quads, calves, hammies...this exercise in turn promotes the most test production.
    Leg lifts not so much as it is an isolated exercise. Deadlifts to shoulder press I'd recommend more for increasing test.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    The greater the stress on the body (ex. Full-body lifts like squats and deadlifts), the greater response by the body in order to build itself back up. T is very much needed in the process.

If you can't squat, then LEARN. If your form on back squats is poor, then don't do them first. Learn to squat properly first with your own BW. Keep your back flat, maintain tension throughout your whole body, PULL yourself down into the hole, rise back up once your hip falls just a little under your knee. If you really want to learn to do it efficiently, I suggest you start off by grabbing a dumbbell and just do Goblet Squats first. It teaches you the proper posture and form needed in pretty much all the major squat variations. Then, move on to heavier variations of the squats. Personally though, I like front squats better. You can't progress in it faster, but it keeps with the tradition of the Goblet Squat and forces you to maintain good posture (good thoracic extension, shoulder packed, proper hip alignment) while letting you do heavier weights. It's a bitch if you don't have a rack though Just don't be disheartened if you can't front squat as much as you can back squat. The position of the bar really makes it THAT much harder to squat.

Make sure to do the deadlifts. They will actually strengthen your squats because deads really work your back. The two exercises feed off of each other. I alternate between the two: One day is squat day. Next workout is deadlift day.