Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Detroit Pistons stadium crowd shot

I don't want to see the Pistons leave the Palace either. I don't see it affecting ticket sales positively like they seem to say. Outside of the Lions, Michigan sports fans don't support their teams unless they're winning.....

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't want to see the Pistons leave the Palace either. I don't see it affecting ticket sales positively like they seem to say. Outside of the Lions, Michigan sports fans don't support their teams unless they're winning.....
    I was just a young child in the 1980's but I've been hearing stories that it wasn't too pretty for the Red Wings back then. I heard they were just flat out giving away tickets and offered cars as prizes at the game just as means of drawing fans out to the Joe.

Also, I remember the final years at Tiger Stadium, where games often looked like this:

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Billups never got near the respect he deserved until he was successful in Denver.

Is this what Piston fans really believe?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

Is this what Piston fans really believe?
    I see where he's coming from but no. If that were the case, Billups wouldn't have been an MVP candidate in '06. It did seem to take a bit for the league to realize Detroit was made up of some great individual players though. For a while, a lot of folks seemed to push the idea that Detroit was just a bunch of mediocre talent who played well together. I think the NBA title and subsequent ECF run helped put most of that to rest, if not resulting in the overrating of some of the lesser Pistons players (I feel like 30+ year old Lindsey Hunter was close to an 80 overall in NBA 2K5).

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

It's not Michigan's people's fault that the Pistons are ran by idiots.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

So that's why no one is talking about how awesome Greg Monroe is. Drummond learns to play they're gonna be terrifying.

Form a ****ing wall DetroitPiston's Avatar

Losing teams are never popular. For all the people who claim they're Wings fans, my dad always laughed when very few ever showed up to Wings games when they were crap. Soon as the Pistons start winning those fans will be back.

Detroit sports fans are spoiled, though. Have been for years.

Plus, aside from Michigan State, basketball never seems to get a lot of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Separately, I read an article in the Free Press today suggesting the Pistons must now move downtown as the supposed reason they're not drawing is because they play in Auburn Hills. I thought it was interesting to pen such an article after just two years of down attendance, more or less ignoring the fact Detroit set a consecutive sell-outs record in '09 and led the league in attendance six times during the '00's.

The Pistons will have to do something big on the hardwood, but when they do, the fans will come back. They're always coming back.
    It wasn't written by Drew Sharp, was it? That guy's been playing the moronic contrarian act for years. Or the let's make a crazy leap of logic act.

I've said it several times, a sports arena should be the last thing on the list at the moment. Palace doesn't have any debts due to Davidson paying out of his own pocket (Gotta respect that).

People want Detroit to be vibrant, bring in more than arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    So that's why no one is talking about how awesome Greg Monroe is. Drummond learns to play they're gonna be terrifying.
    I've always thought that Greg's problem was that he isn't a highlight player, so it's why he's never talked about. Blake Griffin is a perfect example of that. Great player and brings in the fans with his dunks. You can fill up arenas quickly if you have that.
    Last edited by DetroitPiston; 11-29-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Trading away your best player and best leader so that you can give your franchise's keys to Rodney ****ing Stuckey? You deserve every minute of this.
    you shut your whore mouth

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPiston
    It wasn't written by Drew Sharp, was it? That guy's been playing the moronic contrarian act for years. Or the let's make a crazy leap of logic act.
    You know Drew too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    I was waiting for you to chime in!

I know you're an actual Stuckey fan and not an idiot, so I know you're willing to admit he's been playing like booty this season.

I was waiting for you to chime in!

I know you're an actual Stuckey fan and not an idiot, so I know you're willing to admit he's been playing like booty this season.

yes, he had a slow start last season too, but Singler has playing great, he deserves the starting spot

I hope Frank gives Rodney burn as the back up PG over Bynum's PT