Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Charles Barkley: Zimmer was right to be acquitted

Quote Originally Posted by jdiaby
    Anybody that knows the history on Barkley knows hes been a coon, from his white wife to being black republican in Alabama, straight up cooning it up for white folks. Hes no different from Larry Elder, Jesse Lee Peterson, Byron Thomas

- Is that the unspoken Criteria now?....

- In that case.....95% of all black athletes are sellouts

- Barkley is not a sellout....he jus peaks from his Heart.....Right or wrong...he don't give a F@ck.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Larry Elder is a right wing blowhard, just like everyone else, he is using this to build his own name. he was spot on .. fk your political correctness

The trouble with this case is the system, and I think that is what has peopel so frustrated. wa wa cry

-minorities once again getting f*cked by the system. wa wa .. cry some more here's a little hint .. do what's right, make something of yourself .. don't mess with other people or rob them or break into their homes .. chances are you'll be in pretty good shape

This makes blacks (in this situation) and sympathizers even more angry and desperate, a feeling of 'here we go again' or 'will we ever get a fair shake' overcomes them and they feel a need to do something. more crying .. keep it going .. pathetic

A youth is dead, and no one is paying except the victim, and what's worse the victim is now the villain. a violent prone, doped up criminal is dead
    getting really sick of people and their sympathy for the criminal element

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

- Is that the unspoken Criteria now?....

- In that case.....95% of all black athletes are sellouts

- Barkley is not a sellout....he jus peaks from his Heart.....Right or wrong...he don't give a F@ck.
    Yea, really, in the 90s Barkley made some blatant racist comments degarding black women proping up white women, so spare me the bull$hit. Barkley been a sell-out, do a little bit of research. Most black athletes are sell-outs as well, black people the only ethnicity that doesn't keep money in their own communities, $hit is sad.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    getting really sick of people and their sympathy for the criminal element
    I was portraying how one side feels about the issue. Obviously its the side which opposes your view, and judging by your avatar, you are no better than everyone else who is using this as an opportunity to draw attention to yourself.

Personally, I don't really care much about this verdict, the law seems to have been followed, but what I find troubling is that someone is dead and no one has any responsibility for that. Had GZ listened to the dispatcher, his life would be better and TM would be alive.

And as for Larry Elder, read his tweets, the guy is a RWBH if there ever was one.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    It's impossible to see this "clearly", because it is an extremely murky situation.
    Oh yes some people can. It's clearly not racist and "Zimmer was right to be acquitted" based on the facts of the case. Clearly, based on the evidence, Zimmerman should be acquitted. Not if he emotionally or in reality should or shouldn't, but based on evidence, he clearly was right to be acquitted in the terms of law.

This is what i meant by clearly. As of what you're saying as "murky," of course, in reality, no one really knows in fact what really happened except for Zimmerman. I'm just saying, in the court of law, some people do see that it is a right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Safe from what?
    Apparently goons in hoodies strapped with dangerous weapons like Arizona ICE Tea can (you see how big they are? Enemy's stand no chance wen that can pops) and skittles pack (you can paper cut somebody with this, and then dump the Skittles on the ground and make em slip). Gangsta sh!t.

My own personal views almost mirror those of Angela Corey, a state attorney practicing in Florida who said the following >>> http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/justic...iref=allsearch

Quote Originally Posted by State Attorney Angela Corey
    "We never said Trayvon didn't do something to George Zimmerman," Corey told HLN's Vinnie Politan. "What we said is you can't take a concealed weapon and encourage or incite a fistfight -- which is what he did by stalking a teenager who didn't know who he was -- and then whip your gun out and shoot," she said.
    At the end of the day the statute in Florida only protects those not "engaged in unlawful activity," meaning that depending on how you personally interpret 1) Zimmerman's acts before the fight and 2) if he subjectively felt he was in danger of experiencing "great bodily harm" should be the turning points in if he should have been convicted.

Here goes Florida's version of the stand your ground law for those who haven't seen it >>>

"A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 07-19-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Larry Elder is a right wing blowhard, just like everyone else, he is using this to build his own name. Charles Barkley gave an answer to an interview. Different circumstances, and different motives.

The trouble with this case is the system, and I think that is what has peopel so frustrated.

-under the laws of Florida, GZ is innocent, and his lawyers wove the story the right way.

The above gives the Zimmerman backers 100% empowerment in this argument and forces them to have a 'case closed' mentality.

-minorities once again getting f*cked by the system.

This makes blacks (in this situation) and sympathizers even more angry and desperate, a feeling of 'here we go again' or 'will we ever get a fair shake' overcomes them and they feel a need to do something.

The trouble is that the law is shaky, Mr. Zimmerman was portrayed to be unrealistically weak and pathetic, and one could also say that perhaps Trayvon Martin was 'standing his ground.'

GZ was older, armed and in a position of authority (though in a rent-a-cop kind of way).
    GZ got out of his SUV.
    GZ was told by a dispatcher not to pursue.

But most importantly TM died at the hands of GZ in a confrontation that GZ initiated.

A youth is dead, and no one is paying except the victim, and what's worse the victim is now the villain.

So while the 'law' was upheld (based on the evidence presented) it doesn't pass the sniff test.

Its like the Amare suspension a couple of years ago, the letter of the law was followed when we should have focused more on the spirit of the law.

I think a lesser manslaughter charge would have been the best way forward.
    Zimmerman is a minority!

This case only blew up because everybody thought he was white. Obama made his irresponsible comments that fed the flames and showed poor judgement on his part. Then the story broke that George Zimmerman, by all accounts a white name, was actually Hispanic!

National High School Star

Consider the source.

This is the same Barkley busted on Mic saying: "That's why I hate white people..".

The man is a living contradiction.

Well yeah, the verdict was fully correct. The State botched for various reasons (Media Pressure, Hypocritical "Human Rights" Groups, Tunnel Vision in thinking a Jury would buy emotion, A prosecutor that seemed to be fresh out of class, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Zimmerman is a minority!

This case only blew up because everybody thought he was white. Obama made his irresponsible comments that fed the flames and showed poor judgement on his part. Then the story broke that George Zimmerman, by all accounts a white name, was actually Hispanic!
    No man, race had nothing to do with it! Historical significance man, all about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiaby
    Yea, really, in the 90s Barkley made some blatant racist comments degarding black women proping up white women, so spare me the bull$hit. Barkley been a sell-out, do a little bit of research. Most black athletes are sell-outs as well, black people the only ethnicity that doesn't keep money in their own communities, $hit is sad.

I mostly here Barkley talking about His mom and grandmother bieng the example for him....according to Barkley they are the most Important people to him......so how the F*** could he hate on Black women?

he always praises his mom and grandma for showing him Hard work and dedication....

Barkley also has been very outspoken about helping " Less fortunate people WORLDWIDE" and the less fortunate in his country/homestate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqUd6Lr597c

Barkley is 100% Living what he preaches about......

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Mostly robberies. There were a ton of robberies in his apartment community/complex. That's why he was appointed as "security guard". He was working with police for training/instruction I guess on how to do that effectively.
    But didnt the police he was working with tell him not to follow the kid?

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Zimmerman is a minority!

White and Hispanic are not mutually exclusive.

   

...Personally, I don't really care much about this verdict, the law seems to have been followed, but what I find troubling is that someone is dead and no one has any responsibility for that. Had GZ listened to the dispatcher, his life would be better and TM would be alive.
    that

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    But didnt the police he was working with tell him not to follow the kid?
    What police was he working with?

I mean, considering that all he talked to a dispatcher for the non emergency line. That wasn't an officer and most of the time, it is just a Call Center Rep. No different from when you call Comcast or Verizon.

And, from my personal experience, they tend to give out horrid suggestions.