Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Microsoft Surface Ad: Apple, You Got Served

I usually root for Microsoft , but this is Touchpad part 2.

price is too high without the keyboard. and still not competitive enough even if itwas included.

I have an android phone and tablet and my laptop is adequate enough to upgrade to windows 8 for what I use it for so no windows RT surface for me at that price.

I do want to replace my android tablet since I feel its repetitive with my phone, it looks like its gonna be an Ipad mini. I have an 8 inch tablet so if the Ipad mini is ebtween 7 and 8 , then il probably buy it

if this can replace a laptop then i'll consider it.

Wow so the price for the RT version is $200-300 more than initial reports, but the price is on point with the Windows RT tablets announced by other companies.

Maybe RT will better than I think, but I personally don't plan to **** with it, especially not at that price. Since it will be 3-4 months before Microsoft releases a pro version it seems I am destined to get a non-microsoft Windows 8 device.

I'm shocked at the price. They were at least right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    if this can replace a laptop then i'll consider it.
    If this is basically a mini laptop with a touch screen, it could be a hit. I'm getting one from my business, so if anyone cares I'll give my thoughts on it once it's in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    If this is basically a mini laptop with a touch screen, it could be a hit. I'm getting one from my business, so if anyone cares I'll give my thoughts on it once it's in my hands.
    Que, offtopic, but I need to know would you be interested in joining fantasy basketball league?

$500 and you don't even get the sweet click-y keyboard thing?!

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    $500 and you don't even get the sweet click-y keyboard thing?!
    I think they did that to give people the option of getting the touch keyboard or the type keyboard. So you can buy the 500 dollar one and just pick whatever color and type that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I think they did that to give people the option of getting the touch keyboard or the type keyboard. So you can buy the 500 dollar one and just pick whatever color and type that you want.
    I see, it just seems like utilizing the OS wouldn't really be efficient without the touch keyboard. Looks like I'll be looking into a Nexus (again). I just can't decide what I want for a tablet that's affordable and worth the relatively low price I'm looking for

I hate the tablet interface so much that I'm considering just switching to Linux or something.

The screen resolution of the Surface sucks. If you want clear 1080, get an Acer Iconia, Transformer Infinity or iPad 3. The device looks cool, but a sub-720p screen is just inexcusable now.

Will Windows RT play more video formats than Apple? I would love to watch mkv files without having to reformat.

If one of these tablets made putting blu-rays/dvd on them more simple it would be a win.

Will Windows RT play more video formats than Apple? I would love to watch mkv files without having to reformat.
    There are video apps you can download that play mkv no problem. I never use the default video player with my android tablet. Apple and Microsoft are probably the same. I use BS Player the most, it plays everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    There are video apps you can download that play mkv no problem. I never use the default video player with my android tablet. Apple and Microsoft are probably the same. I use BS Player the most, it plays everything.
    true. I would still love to just be able to put digital copies on my tablet easily. idk, it is prob doable but I just don't know how.

true. I would still love to just be able to put digital copies on my tablet easily. idk, it is prob doable but I just don't know how.
    Dvd's are easy since they rarely exceed 4 gigs, but blu-ray movies are huge. The only way to fit more than one on a tablet would be to compress it yourself or download a compressed version. They need tablets with hundreds of gigabytes hard drives.