Very good NBA starter

Default nba 2k13 pick and roll problem

someone help me out here.

every time I run a pick and roll in this game at the top of the key and when the screener on the right side, one of my teammates, usually the SG or the PG in the corner always just completely gets in my way and cuts in the middle of the ball-handler or of the roller. This leads to me getting not just doubled, but sometimes tripled so I can't make any pass what so ever and I sure as hell can't shoot or score.

This problem doesn't exist when I am at the top of the key and the screener is on the left side though which is weird.

I run pick and rolls with the basic L1 or LB or whatever, I don't use the playbook to run pick and rolls. I usually just call player isolation and then ask for a pick from the PF or C but then this problem always escalates.

Anyone else have this problem? how do I fix it? I want all of my teammates to really just stand in the corner and just shoot 3s. Do I have to start using picks from the playbooks?

Default Re: nba 2k13 pick and roll problem

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    someone help me out here.

every time I run a pick and roll in this game at the top of the key and when the screener on the right side, one of my teammates, usually the SG or the PG in the corner always just completely gets in my way and cuts in the middle of the ball-handler or of the roller. This leads to me getting not just doubled, but sometimes tripled so I can't make any pass what so ever and I sure as hell can't shoot or score.

This problem doesn't exist when I am at the top of the key and the screener is on the left side though which is weird.

I run pick and rolls with the basic L1 or LB or whatever, I don't use the playbook to run pick and rolls. I usually just call player isolation and then ask for a pick from the PF or C but then this problem always escalates.

Anyone else have this problem? how do I fix it? I want all of my teammates to really just stand in the corner and just shoot 3s. Do I have to start using picks from the playbooks?
    call for your scree anyway you like and before you used it (this takes some timing and a little bit of practice) tap L1/LB and use the manual cut with the RS/right analog and send the wing player towards the top of the key or spaced out on the wing.

i never use plays and i love the pick and roll in 2k13 because you actually have to read defences, but if you read it right you will score or break the defence down. this started happening to me and i was like "i wish i could make that corner guy lift to the top of the key or drift to the corner when i drive". again, if you learn the timing this is devastating, espcially against those losers who dont play man-to man and only play off the ball, i get them on so many backdoors when they try to trap the ballhandler

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    call for your scree anyway you like and before you used it (this takes some timing and a little bit of practice) tap L1/LB and use the manual cut with the RS/right analog and send the wing player towards the top of the key or spaced out on the wing.

i never use plays and i love the pick and roll in 2k13 because you actually have to read defences, but if you read it right you will score or break the defence down. this started happening to me and i was like "i wish i could make that corner guy lift to the top of the key or drift to the corner when i drive". again, if you learn the timing this is devastating, espcially against those losers who dont play man-to man and only play off the ball, i get them on so many backdoors when they try to trap the ballhandler
    Interesting, I'll give it a shot. I wish it was just simple and these guys would just stand there. I liked it in 2k11 where you could just tap one of the keypads and then call for quick pick and roll and everyone would just stand there. I don't get why these players just randomly cut in a pick and roll, sometimes the bigs get in my way too, but the main problem I'm noticing is that the shooters just randomly cut and get in my way.

Interesting, I'll give it a shot. I wish it was just simple and these guys would just stand there. I liked it in 2k11 where you could just tap one of the keypads and then call for quick pick and roll and everyone would just stand there. I don't get why these players just randomly cut in a pick and roll, sometimes the bigs get in my way too, but the main problem I'm noticing is that the shooters just randomly cut and get in my way.
    yea 2K said one of their improvements this year was "off the ball movement"

just because they move doesnt make it an improvement imo

against anyone who uses the heat its an instant turnover and dunk its really annoying

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    yea 2K said one of their improvements this year was "off the ball movement"

just because they move doesnt make it an improvement imo

against anyone who uses the heat its an instant turnover and dunk its really annoying
    ok, so it seems like your answer wasn't the solution, but thanks for trying. even when i ask the guy on the right side to go to the corner, everyone else on the team ends up messing up the play and cutting randomly.

the problem seems to be every time I call for isolation and then ask for a pick. I noticed that when I don't call for isolation and just bring the ball up and call for a pick, it doesn't happen, but i'm not sure if I had put the backdoor cut slider at 0 when i did it.

when you call for pnrs, do you call isolation first or what?

Very good NBA starter

this is really annoying, I want these shooters to just stand there but they keep cutting nad getting in the middle of the way

there is no way I am the only one that has this problem.

ok, so it seems like your answer wasn't the solution, but thanks for trying. even when i ask the guy on the right side to go to the corner, everyone else on the team ends up messing up the play and cutting randomly.

the problem seems to be every time I call for isolation and then ask for a pick. I noticed that when I don't call for isolation and just bring the ball up and call for a pick, it doesn't happen, but i'm not sure if I had put the backdoor cut slider at 0 when i did it.

when you call for pnrs, do you call isolation first or what?
    yea i call for ISO first then run it

i usually dont run it from the top o the key though, its more effective on the wing.

that was the next thing i was gonna tell you, to mess around with the sliders and see what happens. other than that sorry bro, send a message to 2KSports and wait for them to NOT put that in the game next year

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

i guess when you're having issues with a pick and roll on 2k13 it's the best time to un-retire from ish.