Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: Welcome to the Charlotte Bobcats fan forum!

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    Does anyone agree with Bonnell that even with LB as coach that the Cats will only win another four games, maybe possibly seven, over last season? If that's the truth then why oh why did the FO even bother to get rid of Vincent............
    I see us winning more than that. From what i've seen, the players are excited to get this season underway and to be coached by Brown. I am just way too optimistic to think we will have another sub-par season. I mean at some point SOMETHING has to go our way...

I'd have to say we'd win at least 10 more games than with Vincent...and that's just with LB as coach. With the optimism and motivation of everyone on the team, 15 more wins isn't out of the question.

Okay, assuming we keep May healthy enough to contribute up to the trade deadline, I can see us winning 44 games and sneaking into the last playoff spot.

Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Unfortunately I'm not finding anything positive to report. Is there anything that can be done to keep fans from feeling dismal? Well, one of the broadcasters from last night's game said that LBs teams appear to get worse initially but then they "get it" and take a big leap towards improvement. I want to find some thing to hang on to.

You've been 'Smacked!

I'm sure you heard what Doug Collins said the other night; Larry Brown teams always get a little worse before they get better. No doubt that's due to the flood of information they have to digest and then execute.

What I'm seeing from the guys right now offensively is confusion, most likely mixing up the plays in their heads and just trying to go against nature (in other words what they've been doing the last 4 years) and trying to play Brown's way. It's going to take some time.

I think we start slow but finish well. How soon the players grasp the system will depend on how quickly that transition happens.

IMO the defense is showing great signs of improvement. Up til the blowout I thought we did an outstanding job on D for the most part.

Except for May. He was pure liability the entire 7 minutes he played.

Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    Up til the blowout I thought we did an outstanding job on D for the most part. Except for May. He was pure liability the entire 7 minutes he played.
    Probably why the Charlotte Observer reports that Andre Brown may start at PF when the season opens.

Got my ticket for Raptors@Cats for Sunday Nov 9th. Probably the only game I'll attend this year so Timmeh--work your magic so our guys will win!

What about Al Harrington? I believe he has two seasons left on his contract--one year at 9mil+ and the other year at 10mil+. He's a PF of starting quality-- and wants to be traded from the GSW. How would we go about something like that? Do we have to have someone(s) that Golden State would want in return or do we just take on his contract with a $ sweetener for GS?

Comments please.

If anything, May and Carroll would be perfect to ship him off to. But I don't know.

It would serve May right to be dumped. Selfish slob. He could have gotten himself in shape. Instead he jeopardized the team's season just so he could get paid for doing nothing. Now Carroll I'm surprised about. Ever since landing his recent contract his attitude and quality of play seem to have changed for the worse. Maybe LB is thinking AH in return for Matty and the selfish slob.............

Got my ticket for Raptors@Cats for Sunday Nov 9th. Probably the only game I'll attend this year so Timmeh--work your magic so our guys will win!
    So who wants to meet early for a sweet tea? Or beer if you're so inclined.

Learning to shoot layups TarCat's Avatar

So who wants to meet early for a sweet tea? Or beer if you're so inclined.
    Where is your seat?

I do not know about meeting for sweet tea because we have not decided whether we are attending early church or the traditional service. Let me know where you are meeting in case I can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by TarCat
    Where is your seat?

I do not know about meeting for sweet tea because we have not decided whether we are attending early church or the traditional service. Let me know where you are meeting in case I can make it.
    I'm in section 105 row A seat 22. I'll be leaving home at 10am Sunday morning for the arena. I'll check my email before leaving home and if I haven't heard from you then I'll assume you went to Church and perhaps we'll meet another time. Does that sound like a plan?

Learning to shoot layups TarCat's Avatar

I'm in section 105 row A seat 22. I'll be leaving home at 10am Sunday morning for the arena. I'll check my email before leaving home and if I haven't heard from you then I'll assume you went to Church and perhaps we'll meet another time. Does that sound like a plan?
    This sounds like a plan.

Are you going to eat lunch outside the arena? If so, where?

Charles will not be the usher in that section on Sunday so I do not think that I will be able to visit the inner circle where you are seated (in case we do not meet before the game).

I am in section 101 row L seat 14.

Quote Originally Posted by TarCat
    This sounds like a plan.

Are you going to eat lunch outside the arena? If so, where?

Charles will not be the usher in that section on Sunday so I do not think that I will be able to visit the inner circle where you are seated (in case we do not meet before the game).

I am in section 101 row L seat 14.
    Why would you not be able to visit the area where I'm sitting? I don't know anything about it other than my husband wanted me to get a good seat because it's my birthday present. Since I'm only drinking liquids and eating pudding it's doubtful that I'll do anything either before or after the game except drive from W-S to Charlotte and back to W-S.