Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Re: OJ Mayo suspended 10 games by the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by da dream
    Shows how much you know. Energy drinks such as redbull, monster, etc. can produce positve test results depending on when the athlete takes them. While this was 5 years ago, I know someone who played DII Basketball and took an energy drink prior to a playoff game. As a result, he failed the post game drug test and was forced to sit out several games the following season. Ever since then, the school trainers have been educating players on drinking energy drinks prior to games.

Now I am not defenidng mayo because we have no idea when he drank the so called energy drink. However, it is can be plausible that it caused a positive test. The question that needs to be answered is how long it was in his system for.

Can't agree more. Ignorant fools. Obviously there has to be some connection between taking energy drinks and testing positive. Or else Mayo wouldn't have brought that possibility up. Mayo like all NBA players has PR team to respond the media. They know what they are doing.

No one is defending OJ or saying it was a mistake, but enough with the ignorance.

NBA lottery pick

It's not gonna be surprising when OJ returns a different player. Look what happened to Rashard Lewis.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    They beat a Wizards team when they were on the road 0-22 this year. If you can't beat the Wizards when they are on the road you got problems.
    With that out the way, if they beat Magic tomorrow then i'll agree Mayo is a team cancer. Just like Allen Iverson was when he was a Grizzlies for a brief period of time.
    Well well...Grizz beat the Magic.

Grizz are undefeated all-time when Mayo does not play.

NBA lottery pick

The Grizz are are still undefeated all-time when OJ does not play. Looks like Memphis might just make the playoffs because of this incident.

I think it's only a matter of time before he gets traded. I don't know who they will go after but OJ being on the move seems more likely than not, especially if the rest of the team keeps playing this well.

Just because a particular player doesnt fit a particular team, it doesnt make them a "cancer" exactly. I just think its time Mayo was moved to another team, where perhaps his game, and personality might be a BETTER fit, than in Memphis.

Who knows? A new environment might bring out what we all thought might be apart of his game. Thus far, hes totally the odd man out on the Grizz.

NBA lottery pick

They beat a Wizards team when they were on the road 0-22 this year. If you can't beat the Wizards when they are on the road you got problems.
    With that out the way, if they beat Magic tomorrow then i'll agree Mayo is a team cancer. Just like Allen Iverson was when he was a Grizzlies for a brief period of time.
    I noticed you've been absent for awhile. Looks like Memphis is about to win again.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    I noticed you've been absent for awhile. Looks like Memphis is about to win again.
    Grizz are 4-0 so far.

They beat winless road Wizards team, Cavs worst team in history and 2nd worst recorded team in the NBA in the Twolves who they beat early in the season. The Magic win was impressive, but they have beaten the Magic before with OJ last year.

The Grizz have been playing good basketball since Dec 8th which was after their first Laker win. 3rd best record out West since then.

Now I am not saying Mayo is a saint, he certainly hasn't embraced his role as the instant offense off the bench. I question his effort he gives almost every other game. That in the only way OJ is hurting this team. He isn't disruptive outside that one incident when him and Tony got into a fight. Grizz only scored 11 bench points out of 112 points in the win tonight. Thats the main reason supposive Mayo was sent down there to help out in that department, just hasn't embraced that role yet this season.

If the Grizz starters aren't hitting on all cylinders then, they will loose. You can't expect Zbo to put up keep putting 29/13 or Conley 21/5/9 like they have been doing in the winning streak. Every team needs that spark off the bench, Spurs during their champion runs had Manu Ginobili doing it. Lakers had Lamar Odom doing it. Now Grizz have OJ Mayo doing it, he is what you call their "X-Factor".

At the same time us Grizz fans need to not get caught up in the moment. It just so happened that since Jan 12th this is easily the easiest part of our schedule this year. OJ just happened to get suspended during it. When Feb 27th starts and for the next month ALL playoffs teams, that's when we will see waht this team is truely made off.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/spor...drink-for-dhea

OJ talking to the media after practice about his suspension.
    You can tell that he went to college, he has some brains in that head of his. He can actually speak english coherently.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/spor...drink-for-dhea

OJ talking to the media after practice about his suspension.
    You can tell that he went to college, he has some brains in that head of his. He can actually speak english coherently.
    Seriously Mamba what team do you want to see Mayo play for?

Lakers, Cavs, Wizards, Bobcats, Bulls?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

Cavs for me . Take Terrence Jones in the draft and at those two wing players. Mayo and Rudy Gay are too similar but these 2 would compliment each other nicely

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Cavs for me . Take Terrence Jones in the draft and at those two wing players. Mayo and Rudy Gay are too similar but these 2 would compliment each other nicely
    yeah I want Mayo to either go to Cavs or Lakers.

If he goes to LA. He can probably be the starter as a pg and in Cleveland he can start @ the 2 guard

Banned

yeah I want Mayo to either go to Cavs or Lakers.

If he goes to LA. He can probably be the starter as a pg and in Cleveland he can start @ the 2 guard
    On the Cavs doe he would be used to his full potential. He would be the only the primary scorer with the green light to take 20-25 shots a game

I would be lying if I would say I wouldn't want OJ playing for a legit contender or a playoff team this year. Even if he won't get the ability to put up stats he could on a lesser team. Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, Heat, Orlando, Jazz any playoff team I would be up for it .

As you know seeing your team loose every night can take a toll on your sports fan mind as you know first hand this year. I went through that OJ's rookie season, and honestly don't ever want to go through it again. If I feel that way as I fan, OJ gotta feel 100x worse being he experienced the loosing after loosing his first year.

OJ still very young 23 years old, still has one more year in his contract. He will get time to show the NBA world what his potential with time, and put up stats.
    But winning organization for me as of right now.
    Last edited by O.J A 6'4Mamba; 02-05-2011 at 02:18 AM.

6'4 Mamba

where do you see OJ heading?
    75% chance OJ stays , then gets traded in off season
    25% chance OJ gets traded before deadline.

This is his last season in Memphis however you put it. I have been reading up report after report and they all say the same thing. Tons of teams have come knocking on Memphis's door for OJ, but Memphis is asking for such a high asking price for Mayo's current value which is obviously low. An owner would really have to believe in OJ's potential of possibly being a star in the NBA , as I do, to be able to get him by over paying for his current value, which is stress is very low. They would have to see Mayo as their franchise player to be able to get him. I just don't think a team that could use Mayo as their final piece to the puzzle without offering some serious talent like the Bulls or something will be able to get him. That's just from the information I have read.

The Memphis Grizzlies are dangling guard O.J. Mayo(notes) in trade talks, but one NBA general manager said they’re asking too much for him. The Grizzlies want a player who’s ready to contribute now and improve their chances of making the playoffs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...hebuzzer020411

If Mayo were to get traded, I would bet a team like the Cleveland Cavaliers will be the ones to make that move of franchising him. They have nothing to loose.They could even give guys like Mo Williams or Antwan guys and some young talent like that Christian Eyenga, or even Ramon Sessions.

The question is does Dan Gilbert believe in OJ's potential the way I do, to make it happen. And maybe the better question is does OJ believe in his potential to help turn around the worst team in the league and start from stratch, which reports said during the NY-Den rumor he didn't want to do. He didn't want to go to a loosing franchise.