Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Default Re: Mitt Romney interview: "Stop attacking success"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    If corporations don't care about employing Americans, then why would they care about evening the playing field? They are only chasing profit. They don't care where the source of labor is coming from.

It's up to government through regulations to make sure jobs stay inside its borders.
    Uh, who's getting taxed for shipping american products overseas? The US government or the corporations?

That's what I meant about "even the playing field."

Government needs to stay the eff out of the corporations way.

Maybe the government gave tax breaks instead of levying taxes on corporations that outsourced, they may get somewhere.

Foreign automakers operate plants in the US too and outscoring is becoming less and less profitable because of rising wages in developing countries and transportation costs.

It's real easy to say "oh, bad companies for outsourcing! Bad!" when you aren't the one who is running a company.

Hmmm, let's see. Let's say you go to the mall to buy a new cell phone; i.e iPhone for this example. Well there are two stores in the mall which sell the iPhone; one for $300 and one for $200. Which one are you going to buy? Why, the $200 one, of course. Why? Because it makes the most sense.

When you are running a business, your job is to ensure the success of that company and to do what you can do to maximize profits. And guess what? If companies stopped outsourcing and only did things within the country, then that $200 iPhone would now be $300 due to the extra costs the companies have to pay. But then of course they aren't going to sell as much of the product due to the increased price, so then they have to reduce the price in order to sell it. Then they are essentially losing money. It just doesn't make good business sense.

As far as taxes go, IMO, there should just be a flat tax. Everybody pays 25% (or whatever % you want to tax, IDC). None of this, pay 63% on the $500,000 you make between 500k and 1M or whatever the absurd marginal tax rates are, lol.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932

As far as taxes go, IMO, there should just be a flat tax. Everybody pays 25% (or whatever % you want to tax, IDC). None of this, pay 63% on the $500,000 you make between 500k and 1M or whatever the absurd marginal tax rates are, lol.

we have to make up for the deficit so taxes have to be raised. if the rich vs poor gap continues to grow wider why shouldn't the rich pay more? the poor are barely surviving and keeping up with rent, food, etc. while the rich are flourishing buying yachts, second/third houses, etc. yeah nobody wants a dip in their lifestyles especially the rich but i just don't get why people think everyone should pay the same rate when you factor in the realities of life in America. many rich people aren't even struggling much in this economy while the poor have become poorer, lost their jobs and homeless. it just makes so much more sense for those already earning a lot and living well to sacrifice more than those struggling to survive. again taxes have to hit somebody to bring down the deficit, and the rich earn a significant proportion of America's wealth.

theres just too many generalizations made by the rich that every poor person doesn't work hard, is lazy, just hanging out on street corners collecting welfare, etc. and this idea people will all of a sudden stop trying to be successful because they'll be taxed more is so funny its stupid many Republican politicians insinuate that. lets be real, being rich and paying high taxes still means you're much better off than every poor person. there is just so many talking points they use that are so unrealistic but somehow work on most of America ...like the American Dream goes away if rich people are taxed higher, just unbelievable people buy into that. its criminal how they bamboozle people
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-26-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    we have to make up for the deficit so taxes have to be raised. if the rich vs poor gap continues to grow wider why shouldn't the rich pay more? the poor are barely surviving and keeping up with rent, food, etc. while the rich are flourishing buying yachts, second/third houses, etc. yeah nobody wants a dip in their lifestyles especially the rich but i just don't get why people think everyone should pay the same rate when you factor in the realities of life in America. many rich people aren't even struggling much in this economy while the poor have become poorer, lost their jobs and homeless. it just makes so much more sense for those already earning a lot and living well to sacrifice more than those struggling to survive. again taxes have to hit somebody to bring down the deficit, and the rich earn a significant proportion of America's wealth.

theres just too many generalizations made by the rich that every poor person doesn't work hard, is lazy, just hanging out on street corners collecting welfare, etc. and this idea people will all of a sudden stop trying to be successful because they'll be taxed more is so funny its stupid many Republican politicians insinuate that. lets be real, being rich and paying high taxes still means you're much better off than every poor person. there is just so many talking points they use that are so unrealistic but somehow work on most of America ...like the American Dream goes away if rich people are taxed higher, just unbelievable people buy into that. its criminal how they bamboozle people
    How would you feel if that was your money though? I just don't see why it can't be fair and equal to all across the board. I mean, when it isn't your money being lost, sure it can be easy to say- "What's the big deal if they lose more money to taxes when they already have x amount?" But when it is your money that is being lost you might feel differently about it. So yes, it makes so much sense when you are not in their shoes.

Of course many people are not lazy, on welfare, etc. But why should somebody at Taco Bell have to pay a smaller percentage than the person who busted their ass through college and trying to make it for themselves? People wonder why a lot of wealthier people try to get out of paying taxes and honestly, can't really blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Oh really? Then riddle me this. Why do people camp outside for 300 dollar cell phones when they can go buy a 40 dollar one at a kiosk?

There goes your stupid theory on people logically spending their money.
    I'm comparing the same phone at two different locations in a hypothetical situation as a dual to companies outsourcing as opposed to keeping it in the country.

But please, continue insulting me, lol. It really helps your argument!

Romney was put in charge of a company whose job it was to either turn other companies around and make them profitable or cut their losses and sell off the assets. I'd say he did it pretty well.

Tax revenues in this country can more than pay for everything that the government needs. The evil people who make more than $250,000 (I'm in that bunch) already pay the bulk of income taxes collected annually. What is with this $250,000 deal anyways? They lump people like me, upper middle class at best, with the super rich. There's a huge difference between $250,000 and $2,500,000 but we're taxed at the same rate. WTF??? It's because Obama and co. have decided that $250,000 and above are evil, hoarding motherfuukers who hate America and the middle class.

Look, I don't like Romney. He's week and 2-faced. But guess what? I feel exactly the same about Obama. He's a total facade. So depressing.

Two different locations or two different products, doesn't matter. You can create a market no matter what if you know what you're doing.
    It matters for what I am discussing because the dual is for companies producing product 'x' either here or outsourced to people who can buy the same product at several locations for different prices. Those companies who are looking to build product 'x' can either build it here in America or outsource it somewhere else. It is cheaper for them to have it made by outsourcing. Would they still have a demand for product 'x' if it were made in America and was more expensive? Yes, of course. But it would cost them more to make it and hence the price of x would go up. The problem isn't creating a market; it's how to create a market for the cheapest cost while maximizing profit.

You're essentially saying you can compare apples to oranges by trying to compare a $40 phone 'y' to another $300 phone 'z'.

Oh really? Then riddle me this. Why do people camp outside for 300 dollar cell phones when they can go buy a 40 dollar one at a kiosk?

There goes your stupid theory on people logically spending their money.
    You don't have good reading comprehension. Tell me where I can buy a $40 iPhone at a kiosk.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Romney was put in charge of a company whose job it was to either turn other companies around and make them profitable or cut their losses and sell off the assets. I'd say he did it pretty well.

Tax revenues in this country can more than pay for everything that the government needs. The evil people who make more than $250,000 (I'm in that bunch) already pay the bulk of income taxes collected annually. What is with this $250,000 deal anyways? They lump people like me, upper middle class at best, with the super rich. There's a huge difference between $250,000 and $2,500,000 but we're taxed at the same rate. WTF??? It's because Obama and co. have decided that $250,000 and above are evil, hoarding motherfuukers who hate America and the middle class.

Look, I don't like Romney. He's week and 2-faced. But guess what? I feel exactly the same about Obama. He's a total facade. So depressing.
    Agreed. Obama said he would never raise taxes below $250k salaries. Already did that.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Romney FTW

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Yeah, I'm okay with a progressive tax system but I really think they need to update these tax brackets. A small business owner with a family of five making $250k a year, for example, shouldn't be taxed at the same income tax rate as Bill Gates.

Actually, I think it's something like 33% from $200k to $375k and 35% from $375k+ for federal now, isn't it? I don't make enough to know.

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    Yeah, I'm okay with a progressive tax system but I really think they need to update these tax brackets. A small business owner with a family of five making $250k a year, for example, shouldn't be taxed at the same income tax rate as Bill Gates.

Actually, I think it's something like 33% from $200k to $375k and 35% from $375k+ for federal now, isn't it? I don't make enough to know.

Yeah I'm not even sure of the rates any more. With the wife's income we ended up paying $110,000 in federal this year. I'm basically paying some bureaucrat's salary. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Decent playground baller

I'm just glad I ditched California and moved to Texas. California is the liberal utopia right now, and look at just how well that state is doing.

Economics is pretty simple if you use your brain.

How could it possibly help us, to fine companies for shipping jobs out of the US?

What would happen if you did that?

1) If the fine was high enough, companies would stop creating jobs in the US to begin with.

2) If the fine was too low, it wouldn't make a difference.

Just use your brains and stop being nim-rods. There is nothing, not one fricken thing the government could do to fix the economy. In fact there is... kill itself. Slash itself down to size. Cut taxes and regulations so it's not impossible to open a business. Stop inflating the money so people can actually save. Outside of that, anything the government does is just going to distort the economy even more.

As for Romney's quotes.. I didn't read it all and I don't like Mitt Romney, but I do agree in general that liberals are haters of success. I think it's a lot deeper than that though. They're narcissists, who think they're smart enough to run everyones lives for them. The liberal knows how to save the poor, and he knows how much money the rich "deserve." He could manage the entire economy on his own, if only everyone else would sit down, shut up, and let him have his way. That's the way I see them.