Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: After 15 years, I've officially given up...

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Not true at all. Heat have had a good franchise for quite a while and they will always be an attractive destination for free agents. Even when they were having those first round exit seasons they still had a superstar and flexibility for the future
    Spot on. Laker fans are extremely arrogant.

I say the same thing as a Dolphins fan every year, but I always come back. There is no escape lol. I don't see how anyone can simply snap their fingers and say "I'm rooting for someone else." Once you bleed that team's colors for years, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Spot on. Laker fans are extremely arrogant.
    yeah, the insecure ones act that way because they are jealous [COLOR="White"]cue some fggt bringing up 16 banners[/COLOR]

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    It is ridiculous that you guys count the ones from Minnesota.
    Why wouldn't we? It's not like Lakers fans are going to start claiming Clippers titles if they win one this year. It's not like the T-wolves fans are claiming those titles. Lakers fans root for the lakers, lol. If they changed names or something, yeah it wouldn't make sense. Like if the Detroit Gems won a title before they became the Lakers, yeah it would be ridiculous to claim those. There's a fairly clear lineage between the teams. Lol, are the New Jersey Nets fans supposed to pretend that their team is dead now that they've moved towns?

If you want to talk about broken lineages, what about the fact that the Clippers used to be the Celtics and vice versa?

Banned

pacers

most pacer fans on this board arent cocky ass trolls like every other top team

Are the Knicks the closest team to Toronto? Or Celtics? Either way, the Knicks are up there in age. I doubt you would wanna root for them. But you're a good poster, so if you wanna hop on than welcome aboard.

Thunder?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    On the Raptors. I've been a die hard since the age of 13 but this year Im just fed up with the mediocrity and complete lack of direction. I'm getting older and I've realized life is too short to be a fan of a losing, terribly managed franchise. I'm tired of the frustration, the disappointment, the offseason naive hope only to have it crushed 10 games into the new season.

So I have to find a new team to root for. I've rooted for the Raps because it was Canada's team and before the rise of the Internet, was the only team consistently being broadcast north of the border.

Now I travel alot, especially to Miami, but I cringe thinking of jumping ship to a team like Miami, thats seemingly untouchable these days. What are some good options for life long support and dedication, especially in the East, where I could travel to see them 2-3 times a year?
    I wouldn't be able to just randomly root for someone that I choose out of no where. But if you can, cool.

I'd root for a big market team in a city that is attractive to players...NY, Chicago, LA, or Philadelphia. Those teams will always be attractive to players.

Banned

Cavs or pacers.

youre asking what team to be a fan of jesus christ

youre asking what team to be a fan of jesus christ

If you are able to root for another team you weren't a true fan in the first place..
    Stick with them and enjoy the good and the bad times.

Don't pick a team like the Lakers or Celtics they have it way to easy and are spoiled. Their teams really don't earn anything, they just coast off their name's success. Plus it takes a lot more of a fan to be a Raptors fan than a Lakers fan.

You're picking a helluva time to jump ship imo. Gay/Derozan/Lowry/Amir, not too bad. If this team sticks together for a few years and waits it out for the super teams to die out, they'll contend.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    You're picking a helluva time to jump ship imo. Gay/Derozan/Lowry/Amir, not too bad. If this team sticks together for a few years and waits it out for the super teams to die out, they'll contend.
    You realize that all 4 of those guys you named right now are probably as good as they'll ever be? It's not like these guys are rookies or young 2nd year players. Waiting a few more years for more Colangelo screw-ups doesn't change the fact that none of them are All-Star caliber talent.

Unless Valanciunas becomes a legit All-Star, there is no hope for this current roster to do anything other than quietly exit in the 1st round at best.