Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default #43 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Wes Unseld was voted the #42 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops.

10.8 PPG | 14 RPG | 3.9 APG

NBA Champion
    NBA Most Valuable Player
    NBA Finals MVP
    NBA Rookie of the Year
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 09-26-2012 at 01:50 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: #43 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Gary Payton

The Glove

This list is just awful considering the fact that Gary Payton has not been voted in yet.

I mean, I guess that is what happens when people don't have the knowledge and aren't presented the correct cases for underrated players like Gary Payton.

Anyways, I vote Gary Payton. Will also say he deserves at least Top 30 once you know enough about his greatness. When cases were made for him so people became aware, he was voted #28 last time we did this thing. When there weren't cases made, he is still not voted. I guess that what happens when you are underrated.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Elvin Hayes

I usually hit open layups

Dennis Rodman

The Worm

Gary Payton

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    This list is just awful considering the fact that Gary Payton has not been voted in yet.

I mean, I guess that is what happens when people don't have the knowledge and aren't presented the correct cases for underrated players like Gary Payton.

Anyways, I vote Gary Payton. Will also say he deserves at least Top 30 once you know enough about his greatness.
    Yea....thats the problem. Kids who claim Kobe would score 80-100 many times in Jordans era because of the lack of defense vote for Payton(as happened one post above yours) and I dont...or GOAT doesnt..its because we...with decades of obsessive NBA watching and gathering of knowledge of its history...just dont have the knowledge he does.

Thats the problem here. Lack of knowledge.

These people just...know more about NBA history than I do...even though learning about it has been a passion of mine since before some of them were born. I find that likely.....

Anyway...Payton isnt a bad vote here. He could go in now or in like 30 picks and be next to guys roughly on his level. Last time there were guys in the 90s who were all NBA over him in their primes. At this point its just....whatever. Guys voted in soon will likely have guys outside the top 100 who were better than them in their primes. Popularity is gonna get more people in now than their resume.

And Gary is one of the more well known 90s players left. People will vote them in before looking into the likes of Dennis Johnson or anyone from the 50s. Which is...their right. Everyone left would probably fit on like...2 tiers.

Mullin and Zo types might be 30 picks from now. Were not really considered worse than guys like Gary. Few people worth arguing against right now.

Maybe the Pistol Petes who I dont think should even be top 50. But Gary isnt worth arguing against at the moment. But the argument that its a lack of knowledge that kept him out 20 picks ago is just laughable.

Ive probably forgotten more about NBA history and the 90s in particular than some people voting for him. But I guess I hate him right? Like Pauk says I hate Lebron...and Sircharles said I hate Barkley...and some Dirk cheerleader types think I hate him. You obsessive about one guy types really seem to have a fair and level headed take on who hates the object of your affections.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 09-24-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Vote: Payton.

How the hell are people voting for Rodman here? Dude made 2 allstar teams in his career and was never better than the 3rd best player on teams. Payton led the Sonics to 6 seasons in a row of 55+ wins.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Elvin Hayes for me

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20

Anyways, I vote Gary Payton. Will also say he deserves at least Top 30 once you know enough about his greatness. When cases were made for him so people became aware, he was voted #28 last time we did this thing. When there weren't cases made, he is still not voted. I guess that what happens when you are underrated.
    GP is a good pick here. 3 versions of SLAM's All Time list and Simmons have him in the 40-50 range. On TNT's the next 10 list (afterthe NBA@50) they didn in like 2007, he came in 10th on a list that included Kobe, AI, Duncan, Wilkins, Kidd, ect.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Elvin Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Vote: Payton.

How the hell are people voting for Rodman here? Dude made 2 allstar teams in his career and was never better than the 3rd best player on teams. Payton led the Sonics to 6 seasons in a row of 55+ wins.

Who gives a shit about All Star teams... Are you Pauk? Ranking players on All Star Game MVPs?
    But seriously, Rodman was the greatest rebounder and one of the best defenders of all time... But, I dont disagree with Payton if he wins this, should have actually been higher IMO...

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Paul Pierce. He has been consistently excellent for longer than Payton. Pierce is also arguably the best player on a championship team and he has the hardware to prove it.