Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

This is the latest that I read on it:

After watching the Los Angeles Lakers drop to 1-4 on the season with a 95-86 loss to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night, Lakers executive vice president Jim Buss was not a happy man. Something is not yet right with his star-studded team, and as a competitive guy, Buss is looking for ways to fix it sooner rather than later. "You don't start 0-3 for the first time since we've owned the franchise without being on top of it," Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "No matter what, you have to be aware. That doesn't mean change is coming. That just means you have to be aware."

But while fans and pundits have placed the blame for the Lakers' early struggles on coach Mike Brown, Buss said he's still very confident in his coach. "I have no problems with Mike Brown at all," Buss said. "He just works too hard and he's too knowledgeable for this to be happening. "So either the system is flawed or something's going on. Or, like the Triangle, it's very hard to pick up and understand. I'm not a basketball mind like he is or the players are, and the players are fine with it, so I just have to be patient."

In Buss' own words, "this team was built to win now." So just how patient can he be? "You have to give it time to understand [what's going on]," Buss said. "I don't know if there's an actual game total that would make me impatient. I know if we're 1-15, I don't think that would be very good. I'm sure that would be a panic button. But at this time, I'm fine with what's going on. It's a learning process for the players. As long as everybody is on the same page, I think we're fine."ESPN.com
    So he's basically talking like a politician. He really doesn't answer the question. He says the team is built to win now and things need to be fixed, blah blah blah... and he also says how smart Mike Brown is, blah, blah, blah.
    I would say Mike Brown isn't in the hot seat with management, but at least it's staring to get warm. It seems like the players don't like his decisions at all anymore. Kobe is getting upset, which is a good thing

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    This is the latest that I read on it:

So he's basically talking like a politician. He really doesn't answer the question. He says the team is built to win now and things need to be fixed, blah blah blah... and he also says how smart Mike Brown is, blah, blah, blah.
    I would say Mike Brown isn't in the hot seat with management, but at least it's staring to get warm. It seems like the players don't like his decisions at all anymore. Kobe is getting upset, which is a good thing
    Jimmy/Dummy is being politician.

I work hard/very hard....will my boss keep me if I dont do exactly what he wants me to do??? & is not producing any results?

NBA lottery pick

There's so many fire Mike Brown threads I don't even know where to post this anymore, lol. When I heard this news I was estatic!!! It's being reported if the Lakers don't do well on this homestand that Mike Brown will be fired. Of course I wouldn't want to root for the Lakers to lose but I guess if they went 2-4 over the next week it would actually make the team better

Home of the 16

The best teacher is adversity. To improve on somethin, you must go through/suffer the pain.

Bye Bye Mikey

Home of the 16

By the way, they'll still pay Mike Brown right?

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    By the way, they'll still pay Mike Brown right?
    Unfortunately yes.......but it doesn't count against the cap and we just got that HUGE tv deal so the Lakers won't even notice the money

I told everyone from day 1 the guy is not a real nba coach......worst freaking move in Lakers History!!! Dude couldn't even coach a peewee team!!!!

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I told everyone from day 1 the guy is not a real nba coach......worst freaking move in Lakers History!!! Dude couldn't even coach a peewee team!!!!
    Correction.... We told everyone......

Correction.... We told everyone......
    Yes, You, Me and a couple others......but WOW were we out numbered

Maybe i was right....mutha fcukas are not even making playoffs this yr....lol

Thanks JIM MUTHA FCUKING BUSS.... Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    Maybe i was right....mutha fcukas are not even making playoffs this yr....lol

Thanks JIM MUTHA FCUKING BUSS.... Asshole
    Yeah.....I don't see any way they're making the playoffs this year....or next, or.....any time with 'Antoni.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Yeah.....I don't see any way they're making the playoffs this year....or next, or.....any time with 'Antoni.
    they wont...I saw the blazer/Heat game and the blazer players had so much emotion, excitement, energy to play the game....

& then I watched yesterday's laker game where there was ZERO emotion, excitement...sense of urgency

I think all these mutha fcuka's like Pau, MWP, whoever fcuk that is...are satisfied with the chips they won in the past....they have scrubs like meeks, jamison who do only 1 but not the other....

just disaster... over all.....

they need some hungry players...hungry for success....hungry to chips....

NBA lottery pick

I don't think it's that they don't care and they've won championships in the past. There's definitely guys who are playing hard. I really don't like the system they are using. They aren't working to their advantages. Rather than work with two of the best big men in the game, 'antoni would rather play small ball. The Lakers aren't built for that. The system is the issue holding the Lakers back more than anything.

I don't think it's that they don't care and they've won championships in the past. There's definitely guys who are playing hard. I really don't like the system they are using. They aren't working to their advantages. Rather than work with two of the best big men in the game, 'antoni would rather play small ball. The Lakers aren't built for that. The system is the issue holding the Lakers back more than anything.
    holding back on effort and energy too??

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    holding back on effort and energy too??
    Imagine you're a track star in the 100, your new coach insists for some strange reason that you run backwards for the first 30 meters.....you don't understand and you are not happy but you do it. You lose again and again,
    the coach says in every press conference that you should run faster.
    Everyone watching says you need to run forward the whole race......common sense right? Now you have 5 races in 7 days and the coach hasn't changed his idiotic ways.......how fired up would you be? Seriously
    You know damn well that you can't win doing it his way and you just look dumb.

Please tell me that any expert thinks that we shouldn't be feeding the post, have Pau within 18 feet, slow the game down, run pick and roll....or any of the other common sense things that we aren't doing.

NBA lottery pick

That's exactly it DKLaker. I couldn't have said it better myself