Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Take a hike Mike thread

Our team is like the Redskins out here where I am.They got a D coordinator who coaches a 3-4 but they have 4-3 personnel so their D sucks.

We basically have an O- coordinator posing as a coach who's offense is geared around 3 point shooting but we only have 2 real 3 point shooters on our team.One is in a slump and shooting 32% and the other will probably never see the floor all season unless he's mopping it.

Banned

The offense isn't even good. The reason D'Antoni won so many games in Phoenix is because they ran the most efficient offense (by far) in the NBA. We're towards the bottom in efficiency. But a real PG that can see the game the way D'Antoni does can have a huge impact. Jordan Hill over Brandon Jennings.....*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Our team is like the Redskins out here where I am.They got a D coordinator who coaches a 3-4 but they have 4-3 personnel so their D sucks.

We basically have an O- coordinator posing as a coach who's offense is geared around 3 point shooting but we only have 2 real 3 point shooters on our team.One is in a slump and shooting 32% and the other will probably never see the floor all season unless he's mopping it.
    Yeah and both teams overpay players who don't fit in the system.

See Eddy Curry and Albert Haynesworth.

But this team shouldn't focus this much on the threeball, so you are right. They don't have the right personnel and should at least attack the basket. The guys who attack the rim or do something else other than shooting don't get the playing time they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    The offense isn't even good. The reason D'Antoni won so many games in Phoenix is because they ran the most efficient offense (by far) in the NBA. We're towards the bottom in efficiency. But a real PG that can see the game the way D'Antoni does can have a huge impact. Jordan Hill over Brandon Jennings.....*sigh*
    Yep that would have changed a lot.

I always say hindsight is 20/20 with the Jordan Hill fiasco.He was projected to go top 4 and Brandon Jennings was considered a huge risk.He had basically done nothing overseas so blaming the Knicks in retrospect is kinda unfair.But damnit if he wouldnt have been perfect for our team right now.

If we had Jennings,I'd fully endorse taking a chance on Mark Jackson as a coach.@ the very least,we'd fast break teams to death because Mark ran the break about as good as anyone in the history of basketball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I always say hindsight is 20/20 with the Jordan Hill fiasco.He was projected to go top 4 and Brandon Jennings was considered a huge risk.He had basically done nothing overseas so blaming the Knicks in retrospect is kinda unfair.But damnit if he wouldnt have been perfect for our team right now.

If we had Jennings,I'd fully endorse taking a chance on Mark Jackson as a coach.@ the very least,we'd fast break teams to death because Mark ran the break about as good as anyone in the history of basketball.
    I don't know about letting him coach, but I'd give him a spot on the bench as an assistant or something. He's gotta earn his stripes coaching-wise. We're not in a position to take leaps of faith like that on just any former player. And I'd probably recommend Mark Jackson be sent home when we're facing the Lakers until Kobe retires His mancrush on him is unhealthy.

Yea I feel you on the Kobe part.I can see him talkin bout "Momma there goes that man" and someone on the bench like Mark...he IS the opponent you know!

Made that high school varsity squad earlofupstate's Avatar

OK, I brought this back. If coach is too proud to ask for help in teaching defense to our guys or figure out how to fire the guys up, there's the door.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I wonder if a "Dump D'Antoni" chant would catch fire at a home game? If he's not gone by then I'm going to do what I can to attend the draft and see if I can get one going there.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I wonder if a "Dump D'Antoni" chant would catch fire at a home game? If he's not gone by then I'm going to do what I can to attend the draft and see if I can get one going there.
    If we are getting smoked by the Grizz by the half, think it will come tomorrow.

They got some boos against Indy Sunday by a college crowd.

Wait til he normal attendees show up.

Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Very fitting to wake this from the dead.

It stays a stick, until D'antoni is fired, quite, or brings in a defensive coach.

Here is my way of welcoming it back............

"Forgive me I have tried, I have tried to put up with Mike D'antoni.

Even blindly gave this fool some praise, for having Melo run the point forward.

But this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

There is no way on god's green earth that a team should lose to inferior competition by taking the other team as a joke.

This team is not prepared, has no concept on defense, there is absolutely no accountability.

I'm not even sure if there is a captain on the team.

All of this is on the shoulder of the coach.

I can't even rant no more I'm so mad at this puss.

Man up and coach the damn team.

Even if you didn't want Melo here D'antoni, do your damn job.

To a degree I don't think D'antoni even wanted Amar'e here.

He wanted impressionable youngsters who he can mold into pass, pass, pass, three point shooters.

He can't coach a veteran team, too damn scared to make them play the correct way.

Or Maybe D'antoni doesn't know the correct way himself.

Every chance I get, I'm on a fire D'antoni rampage.

D'antoni: "Defense will always be our achilles heel"

He makes me sick.

I hate D'antoni more than I hate a child molester.

Go the **** off my team!!!!!"

Fucking pussy.

"Fire Pringles!!!!" clap-clap-clap

Last edited by knickscity; 03-16-2011 at 08:40 AM.

I like this thread very much.

Picture speaks for itself:

Made that high school varsity squad earlofupstate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Very fitting to wake this from the dead.

It stays a stick, until D'antoni is fired, quite, or brings in a defensive coach.

Here is my way of welcoming it back............

"Forgive me I have tried, I have tried to put up with Mike D'antoni.

Even blindly gave this fool some praise, for having Melo run the point forward.

But this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

There is no way on god's green earth that a team should lose to inferior competition by taking the other team as a joke.

This team is not prepared, has no concept on defense, there is absolutely no accountability.

I'm not even sure if there is a captain on the team.

All of this is on the shoulder of the coach.

I can't even rant no more I'm so mad at this puss.

Man up and coach the damn team.

Even if you didn't want Melo here D'antoni, do your damn job.

To a degree I don't think D'antoni even wanted Amar'e here.

He wanted impressionable youngsters who he can mold into pass, pass, pass, three point shooters.

He can't coach a veteran team, too damn scared to make them play the correct way.

Or Maybe D'antoni doesn't know the correct way himself.

Every chance I get, I'm on a fire D'antoni rampage.

D'antoni: "Defense will always be our achilles heel"

He makes me sick.

I hate D'antoni more than I hate a child molester.

Go the **** off my team!!!!!"

Fucking pussy.

knickcity......................................... ............... !!!

I usually hit open layups

He has no more excuses. They fired his ass in Phoenix because he did not want to hire a defensive coach and the same thing should happen here. You have to be able to stop somebody and the fact that he has no defensive principles is a joke. If I hear one more damn time in a post game interview after a loss, "We didn't make shots." then I think that somebody should hit his ass with a shoe. His rotations are a joke and his defensive principles are a joke. Walsh really need to talk to this cat soon and if he does not hire a defensive coach in the summer, fire him!!!!
    Last edited by mjc1241; 03-17-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Nah, this damn fool every press conference go....

"we didn't make shots".

"we didn't get into em".

What really pissed me off was when last nite the reporter asked this clown "how does it feels to have Tyler scoring at will", and this clown of a coach just laughed.

What's so damn funny????