Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

I agree the tackling was bad.Matter of fact it was awful.But that's uncharactersitic of us.We usually gan tackle.Not being able to move the ball until we are trailing or in the hurry up is the norm for us.Even in our wins.It's the reason why,despite having a stellar defense,we only blew out one team this year.We can't move the ball down field.Mark played his butt off.Im not a Sanchez fan but he got rocked on that fumble and didnt even miss a series.We all see how Cutler reacted when he got his lil boo boo lmao

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I agree the tackling was bad.Matter of fact it was awful.But that's uncharactersitic of us.We usually gan tackle.Not being able to move the ball until we are trailing or in the hurry up is the norm for us.Even in our wins.It's the reason why,despite having a stellar defense,we only blew out one team this year.We can't move the ball down field.Mark played his butt off.Im not a Sanchez fan but he got rocked on that fumble and didnt even miss a series.We all see how Cutler reacted when he got his lil boo boo lmao
    This team just started flat all year. They wake up when they make a huge play, which took at least one quarter to happen. We hardly scored in the first quarter all year long. Revis, Ferguson and Mangold play in the Pro Bowl next week but for the rest of the guys it's the offseason already. I've made the Jets Offseason thread in the football forum. Post what you think, free agency wise, the draft and what we need to do to our pass rush.

This is also to Knickscity.

The year went by so fast. Even though I didn't want our season to end here, we've had a pretty good season. Lots of ups and downs, many memorable moments, 11 wins in the regular season and one of the biggest upsets in the last few years over the Patriots in Foxborough.

Nevermind, Mangold won't play in the Pro Bowl because of his hamstring according to the Jets Twitter account.

Rex Ryan: Schottenheimer will definitely be back.

Yea he said that the next day.He must not really wanna win a superbowl because no way can we win a rin with that guy calling plays.I mean seriously...A OL sent in motion as a WR? WTF?

Yea he said that the next day.He must not really wanna win a superbowl because no way can we win a rin with that guy calling plays.I mean seriously...A OL sent in motion as a WR? WTF?
    The media is finally blaming him tho. Why did it take them so long, the NFL analysts said he shouldn't be blamed for the loss. Not entirely but his questionable (at best) play calling did make it a whole lot tougher for us. Example: When we were just a couple yards away from Pittsburgh's endzone. Which has been a killer for us all year, Red Zone offense. The playcalling there has been even worse.

But franchize, we need a great pass rusher. An article from NFL.com said it perfectly, that we need a pass rushing outside linebacker. A guy who can be used in blitzes and who can confuse offenses. We all know how Rex loves his blitzes and a guy like that could make them lethal. Of course I'm really hoping for a return from Kris Jenkins, that would be so huge. Of course the Jets should really look at trading for a good pass rusher.

If we are able to sign one of those big-time pass rushers (DL or LB), who are your favorites?

Free Agent pass rushers:
    Cullen Jenkins, Mathias Kiwanuka, Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, Haloti Ngata, Seymour, Pat Williams, Mike Peterson, Lamarr Woodley, Jason Babin, Tamba Hali.

Also, Knickballer said in the Jets offseason thread that the Jets might get rid of Jim Leonhard for money purposes and the fact that he might not be the same. That would open up a hole at safety, should we get rid of him or keep him?

Safeties:
    Quintin Mikell, Roman Harper, Barrett Ruud, Dawan Landry.

First things first,we have to re-sign our guys.
    This starts with Brad Smith,Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards.We also need to resign David Harris and Sean Ellis.

We should definitely let Drew Coleman,Brodney Pool and Eric Smith go.

As good as our defense was and as bad as the O has been at times,the D needs the most change and upgrades oddly.

One move that one person brought up is going after Nnamdi Asumougha n not re-signing Cromartie.I say,get both and get rid of Jenkins,Gholston and Brian Thomas. Could you imagine Nnamdi,Revis and Cromartie in the secondary?You wouldn't be able to throw the ball.

The positions we need most are d-line,safety and linebacker....after that it's a 3rd corner.

D-line:
    Haloti Ngata!!!!!
    Brandon Mebane
    Barry Cofield
    Mathias Kiwanuka
    John Henderson
    Gerard Warren
    Paul Soliai

LB
    Tamba Hali
    Lamarr Woodley
    Stephen Cooper
    Dhani Jones
    D'Qwell Jackson
    Ernie Sims
    Justin Durant
    Brandon Siler

FS/SS
    Tanard Jackson
    Roman Harper
    Eric Weddle
    Michael Johnson
    Dawan Landry

First things first,we have to re-sign our guys.
    This starts with Brad Smith,Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards.We also need to resign David Harris and Shaun Ellis.

We should definitely let Drew Coleman,Brodney Pool and Eric Smith go.

As good as our defense was and as bad as the O has been at times,the D needs the most change and upgrades oddly.

One move that one person brought up is going after Nnamdi Asomugha n not re-signing Cromartie.I say,get both and get rid of Jenkins,Gholston and Brian Thomas. Could you imagine Nnamdi,Revis and Cromartie in the secondary?You wouldn't be able to throw the ball.

The positions we need most are d-line,safety and linebacker....after that it's a 3rd corner.

D-line:
    Haloti Ngata!!!!!
    Brandon Mebane
    Barry Cofield
    Mathias Kiwanuka
    John Henderson
    Gerard Warren
    Paul Soliai

LB
    Tamba Hali
    Lamarr Woodley
    Stephen Cooper
    Dhani Jones
    D'Qwell Jackson
    Ernie Sims
    Justin Durant
    Brandon Siler

FS/SS
    Tanard Jackson
    Roman Harper
    Eric Weddle
    Michael Johnson
    Dawan Landry
    Fixed that for you.

I was actually thinking about Nnamdi on the Jets. That would be crazy, but I don't think the Jets or Nnamdi will even think about that. Look at the talent in the secondary.

Revis on one side, Asomugha on the other side. How are you ever going to pass against those two guys. Now imagine that we also get Lamarr Woodley (again, smallest chance ever), we'd have one of the (if not the) best run D in the League and the best corners on the same team.

I'd say re-signing David Harris is most important, we need him for our run D. And of course we can't miss Brad Smith, Shaun Ellis is very important too but he might demand too much money after that great game in NE. I don't know if we can keep both Santonio and Braylon. I certainly hope so but a pass rusher should be the main priority right now.

I think snatching either Barry Cofield or Mathias Kiwanuka away from the Giants wouldn't be a bad move either. Maybe they want more of the spotlight since those two monsters Justin and Osi get all the credit there (they deserve the credit tho, no doubt). They won't demand a whole lot of money but would certainly help us.

Barry Cofield: 54 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 4 pass deflections and 1 forced fumble. Of course Kiwanuka's stats are hardly there with him missing nearly the entire season. Both are still young too.

Adding one of them (and re-signing Shaun Ellis) and adding a pass rusher in the Draft or another one via free agency would certainly upgrade this pass rush.

"I think the Jets are going to let Braylon go to free agency and test the market, see what he can get and then decide if they want to re-sign him," one agent said. "I think the Jets' priority among the two is to keep Santonio, because Santonio is the player among the two that keeps opposing defensive coaches up at night trying to game plan against him.
    "I don't think receiver is a high priority for the Jets. The Jets can still keep Santonio and go out and rent T.O. [Terrell Owens] or Randy Moss or [Chad] Ochocinco for a year. If anyone can coach Randy Moss, it's Rex Ryan."
    "I think the Jets are going to let Braylon go to free agency and test the market, see what he can get and then decide if they want to re-sign him," one agent said. "I think the Jets' priority among the two is to keep Santonio, because Santonio is the player among the two that keeps opposing defensive coaches up at night trying to game plan against him.
    "I don't think receiver is a high priority for the Jets. The Jets can still keep Santonio and go out and rent T.O. [Terrell Owens] or Randy Moss or [Chad] Ochocinco for a year. If anyone can coach Randy Moss, it's Rex Ryan."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...UZaaXObyXEgsHM

Is it a possibility that we'll let Braylon go and sign either Owens, Randy or Ochocinco to a one year deal. Of course Ochocinco has been extended for next season but he wants out and the coach doesn't want him either. Wouldn't take much to get him IMO.

I'd take Ocho (soon to be Johnson again).I don't want T.O. as good as he is.Mark makes too many mistakes to have a a-hole like T.O. on our team.He'll overthrow him once and T.O. will be dissing him in the media.I don't want Randy because I just don't think he's that much of a threat anymore.

The only way I chase Nnamdi is if Cromartie's asking price is sky high.If I'm gonna overpay for a corner I'm gonna overpay for the best available.

As for Braylon,my dad seems to think his asking price won't be too high because he has a pending suspension looming over his head.I wanna bring him back but I don't wanna overpay for him.The only guy who I'd stretch the wallet for is Santonio. Brad should be easy to re-sign,especially if we get it done early.

On defense,I'd give Haloti Ngata watever he wants lol I doubt he even hits the free agent market.I think the Ravens will re-sign him ASAP.Same with the Steelers and Lamarr Woodley.I would love to bring in Tamba Hali.He is a ferocious pass rusher. Mebane is another guy who gets slept on but he is really good.Kiwanuka will be easier to steal from the Giants than Cofield because of the emergence of Pierre-Paul.
    Your not gonna pay big money to a fourth pass rusher who's coming off an injury.

I think we need DE more than DT.I actually like Pouha and Devito backing him up.

I think we need either a pass rushing LB or DE.Then we gotta go safety.My choice would be Tanard Jackson.

What positions would you leave for the draft and which ones would you tackle in free agency? What draft prospects are you most interested in?

If we get Kris Jenkins back healthy and re-sign Shaun Ellis we should definitely go for a DE and a LB. I'd say Kiwanuka is a great option there, but only adding him and one other pass rusher in the Draft won't improve our pass rush enough. If Kris Jenkins is healthy, that would change a lot of things.

[QUOTE] NEW YORK JETS: JON BALDWIN, WR, PITTSBURGH

Scouting Report
    Braylon Edwards is going to be a free agent and the Jets may decide he is both too expensive and simply not worth the trouble. If that happens they will have to bring in another big wideout and Pittsburgh

Oakland Raiders star Asomugha was smiling when he brought up the dream scenario, but insisted he was "dead serious" and has spoken to New York Jets coach Rex Ryan about it.

"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex to try to do something," Asomugha said.
    http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2011/01/...-potential-rol

This happened last year in the Pro Bowl, let's hope it leads to something good for the Jets.
    Last edited by NY-Knicks; 01-27-2011 at 06:49 PM.

I think we should cut Kris Jenkins.Even if he's healthy,as good as he is,he's only going to be in 1/4 of the possessions.He's gr8 when he's on the field but thats few and far between nowadays.We could easily let him go and replace him with a guy like John Henderson for cheap who essentially is a similar player.

I personally dont want Brian Thomas,Eric Smith,Drew Coleman,Vernon Gholtson, or Jim Leonhard back.They can all get shown the door.

How about MLK III tryna gain ownership of the Mets.Talk about strange and unlikely.

Anyone here watch Boxing?I waited 2 months for that Bradley v. Alexander fight and it was an absolute POS.Shoulda known.I always thought both of those guys were overrated anyway.I dont know why Bradley keeps calling out Pacquiao.He knows good and damn well Pacman will twist his beer cap. N Im not even a Pacquiao fan