Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official UCLA Bruins Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    We were never put in the position to choke b/c the refs never gave us that blatant call. You cant admit that we shouldnt have got two foul shots. If we miss those, fine we choked. But we didnt choke. Sloan got two hands to his arms making it absolutely impossible (unless there was a wind that would carry the ball into the net) to score.

Dont give me no, "end of game" or "home court advantage" bs. We deserved two foul shots. End of story.
    Blowing a lead isn't choking? Stop spewing bs when you want to tell others not to do it. If a team is up by 15 points with 2 minutes to go, hypothetically, and they lose, they didn't choke?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Blowing a lead isn't choking? Stop spewing bs when you want to tell others not to do it. If a team is up by 15 points with 2 minutes to go, hypothetically, and they lose, they didn't choke?
    We never had a lead like that...terrible comparison.

Sloan got fouled and shouldv'e got two foul calls. How the refs didnt call it we wont ever REALLY know but we all do.

We never had a lead like that...terrible comparison.

Sloan got fouled and shouldv'e got two foul calls. How the refs didnt call it we wont ever REALLY know but we all do.
    No, it really isn't. Choking is choking, period. UCLA was easily the superior squad and you guys had a 8 point lead with 8:40 left, and the Bruins ended with a 15-5 run. In that time, you had a possession which DeAndre Jordan and Josh Carter combined to miss 3 shots[2 of them layups] in ONE possession, went 1-4 from the free throw line, missed 5 layups, took 3 three point shots and clanked them all. While, on the flipside, the Bruins made 6 lay-ups, took 2 treys and missed both and went 3-4 from the line. Rebound difference also was 8-5 in favor of the Bruins. Shipp also didn't score a single point.

Again, maybe your team shouldn't choke. If they simply had grabbed a rebound or two, made a layup and a free throw, they would have won, but instead shot 25% from the strike and missed 5 layups. Hell, if they had stopped ONE lay-up the Bruins made and hit ONE free throw, it would have been a 3 point switch which would have given the Aggies the win.
    Last edited by qrich; 10-23-2008 at 08:52 PM.

This thread is too funny. You are only allowed to root for a school that you have attended?

No, it really isn't. Choking is choking, period. UCLA was easily the superior squad and you guys had a 8 point lead with 8:40 left, and the Bruins ended with a 15-5 run. In that time, you had a possession which DeAndre Jordan and Josh Carter combined to miss 3 shots[2 of them layups] in ONE possession, went 1-4 from the free throw line, missed 5 layups, took 3 three point shots and clanked them all. While, on the flipside, the Bruins made 6 lay-ups, took 2 treys and missed both and went 3-4 from the line. Rebound difference also was 8-5 in favor of the Bruins. Shipp also didn't score a single point.

Again, maybe your team shouldn't choke. If they simply had grabbed a rebound or two, made a layup and a free throw, they would have won, but instead shot 25% from the strike and missed 5 layups. Hell, if they had stopped ONE lay-up the Bruins made and hit ONE free throw, it would have been a 3 point switch which would have given the Aggies the win.
    An 8-point lead with 8:40 left is choking.

That's hardly an insurmountable lead.

Once again, whether or not we choked doesnt matter. We shouldve got two free throws at the end of the game and that should be undisputed. Yall went through a bad streak where we got the lead and we did to. Cant expect a team to make all of their damn shots.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This thread is too funny. You are only allowed to root for a school that you have attended?
    Or have a family connection to. Yes.

There are exceptions and if they do come up then I will let you know.

An 8-point lead with 8:40 left is choking.

That's hardly an insurmountable lead.

Once again, whether or not we choked doesnt matter. We shouldve got two free throws at the end of the game and that should be undisputed. Yall went through a bad streak where we got the lead and we did to. Cant expect a team to make all of their damn shots.
    Wow, read everything I posted. Whether you choked or didn't DOES matter because all you guys had do to was make A lay-up and the game would be in overtime. Or make a free throw with that lay-up and you get 3 points. And so on. So many possibilities, but you guys missed 5 lay-ups, while the Bruins made 6. You guys went 1-4 from the strike, the Bruins went 3-4, you guys grabbed 5 boards(3 of them offensive boards), Bruins grabbed 8. I'm done with your crying, if you want to keep *****ing about your team choking, be my guest, but the bottom line is, you guys lost, wait never mind since your not on the team, I can't say "You". The Aggies lost and the Bruins won.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Yup. Its like saying if you live in Dallas, you can't cheer for the Packers or if you live in LA, your football team is the Avengers and only the Avengers because your from LA and there is no other football teams[unless you want to use football the real way it should be, which then, you have the Galaxy and [COLOR="#000000"]S[/COLOR]hitvas USA to choose from.
    Last edited by qrich; 10-23-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Wow, read everything I posted. Whether you choked or didn't DOES matter because all you guys had do to was make A lay-up and the game would be in overtime. Or make a free throw with that lay-up and you get 3 points. And so on. So many possibilities, but you guys missed 5 lay-ups, while the Bruins made 6. You guys went 1-4 from the strike, the Bruins went 3-4, you guys grabbed 5 boards(3 of them offensive boards), Bruins grabbed 8. I'm done with your crying, if you want to keep *****ing about your team choking, be my guest, but the bottom line is, you guys lost, wait never mind since your not on the team, I can't say "You". The Aggies lost and the Bruins won.

Yup. Its like saying if you live in Dallas, you can't cheer for the Packers or if you live in LA, your football team is the Avengers and only the Avengers because your from LA and there is no other football teams[unless you want to use football the real way it should be, which then, you have the Galaxy and [COLOR="#000000"]S[/COLOR]hitvas USA to choose from.
    So just b/c we didnt make a lay-up, we shouldnt have got a foul call? Great logic. What happened before that doesnt matter, two free throws were deserved.

So basically, I just want this question answered:

Should Texas A&M have been awarded two free throws on that last shot?

So just b/c we didnt make a lay-up, we shouldnt have got a foul call? Great logic. What happened before that doesnt matter, two free throws were deserved.
    Ahh, I said I wouldn't response, but this is hilarious trying to put words in others mouths. I never mentioned the final play once, yet I somehow said that? . What happened before that DOES matter because the Aggies put themselves into that position by missing 5 lay-ups, going 1-4 from the line, allowing the Bruins to get 6 lay-ins and getting out rebounded 8-5..

Should Texas A&M have been awarded two free throws on that last shot?
    I don't have every play memorized, and my point is that they should never have been in that position, but couldn't keep the lead and lost. It's that simple. I'd understand venting at the time, but still living on that play is pretty pathetic. Reminds me of myself when Mobley was awarded 2 shots instead of 3 when he was clearly putting up a 3 point shot costing my Clippers a chance to tie against the Rockets a couple of seasons back, but hey, the Clippers let the game get away in that game.
    Last edited by qrich; 10-23-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Ahh, I said I wouldn't response, but this is hilarious trying to put words in others mouths. I never mentioned the final play once, yet I somehow said that? . What happened before that DOES matter because the Aggies put themselves into that position by missing 5 lay-ups, going 1-4 from the line, allowing the Bruins to get 6 lay-ins and getting out rebounded 8-5.
    So back to my question, should aTm have been awarded two free throws with that final shot?

Here, Ill even give you a picture. Two hands on his right arm. Foul? Yes or no?

Two foul shots=a chance to put us back into the game.
    Last edited by Hawker; 10-23-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Ahh, I said I wouldn't response, but this is hilarious trying to put words in others mouths. I never mentioned the final play once, yet I somehow said that? . What happened before that DOES matter because the Aggies put themselves into that position by missing 5 lay-ups, going 1-4 from the line, allowing the Bruins to get 6 lay-ins and getting out rebounded 8-5..

I don't have every play memorized, and my point is that they should never have been in that position, but couldn't keep the lead and lost. It's that simple. I'd understand venting at the time, but still living on that play is pretty pathetic. Reminds me of myself when Mobley was awarded 2 shots instead of 3 when he was clearly putting up a 3 point shot costing my Clippers a chance to tie against the Rockets a couple of seasons back, but hey, the Clippers let the game get away in that game.
    lol...what a joke. I provided a picture. Now make your call.

So back to my question, should aTm have been awarded two free throws with that final shot?

Here, Ill even give you a picture. Two hands on his right arm. Foul? Yes or no?
    So, your going to go with a still picture, something the officials have NO usage of to determine a play. Look at it at live speed would be something else. If you go with still pictures, you can find hundreds of missed calls, or bad calls and so on. I just looked it at live-speed on a youtube video, and it doesn't look like a foul. But of course, inferior squads always look for excuses when they can't keep the lead.

Two foul shots=a chance to put us back into the game.
    Making ONE lay-up and ONE free throw as opposed to going 1-4 from the line and missing 5 lay-ups = not being int hat situation.

Making ONE lay-up and not allowing the Bruins to get 6 lay-ups = not being that situation.

Making a three point jumper instead of going 0-3 = not being in that situation.

Shall I go on?

lol...what a joke. I provided a picture. Now make your call.
    Ahh, so you remember every play? Tell me, who won the jump ball of that game? Who made the first jumper/freethrow/three point jumper?
    Last edited by qrich; 10-23-2008 at 09:32 PM.

So, your going to go with a still picture, something the officials have NO usage of to determine it. Look at it at live speed would be something else. If you go with still pictures, you can find hundreds of missed calls, or bad calls and so on. I just looked it at live-speed on a youtube video, and it doesn't look like a foul. But of course, inferior squads always look for excuses when they can't keep the lead.

Making ONE lay-up and ONE free throw as opposed to going 1-4 from the line and missing 5 lay-ups = not being int hat situation.

Making ONE lay-up and not allowing the Bruins to get 6 lay-ups = not being that situation.

Making a three point jumper instead of going 0-3 = not being in that situation.

Shall I go on?
    lol...keep avoiding the question dumbass. A foul shouldve been called and if a ref cant see that it was a foul, he's blind or being paid.

Getting two foul shots and giving us the chance to tie=chance of overtime.

lol...keep avoiding the question dumbass. A foul shouldve been called and if a ref cant see that it was a foul, he's blind or being paid.

Getting two foul shots and giving us the chance to tie=chance of overtime.
    Right. Only one here is a dumbass. Not avoiding the question dips[COLOR="#000000"][COLOR="#000000"]h[/COLOR][/COLOR]it, so go act like a spoiled bi[COLOR="#000000"]t[/COLOR]ch on a subject you might know something about. Not my fault the Aggies CHOKE, hell, they lost to Arkansas State in football

I'm going to bold this so maybe your tear-filled eyes could read this:
    THE AGGIES MISSED 5 LAY-UPS, WENT 1-4 FROM THE FREE THROW LINE, WENT 0-3 BEHIND THE ARC WHILE THE BRUINS HIT 6 LAY-UPS, WENT 3-4 FROM THE FREE THROW LINE AND HAD A 8-5 REBOUNDING ADVANTAGE IN THE LAST 8 MINUTES OF THE ****ING GAME. THE BRUINS ENDED THE GAME ON A 15-5 RUN. THE AGGIES CHOKED, THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE DUMBASS.

Now, go cry elsewhere.

Right. Only one here is a dumbass. Not avoiding the question dips[COLOR="#000000"][COLOR="#000000"]h[/COLOR][/COLOR]it, so go act like a spoiled bi[COLOR="#000000"]t[/COLOR]ch on a subject you might know something about. Not my fault the Aggies CHOKE, hell, they lost to Arkansas State in football

I'm going to bold this so maybe your tear-filled eyes could read this:
    THE AGGIES MISSED 5 LAY-UPS, WENT 1-4 FROM THE FREE THROW LINE, WENT 0-3 BEHIND THE ARC WHILE THE BRUINS HIT 6 LAY-UPS, WENT 3-4 FROM THE FREE THROW LINE AND HAD A 8-5 REBOUNDING ADVANTAGE IN THE LAST 8 MINUTES OF THE ****ING GAME. THE BRUINS ENDED THE GAME ON A 15-5 RUN. THE AGGIES CHOKED, THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE DUMBASS.

Now, go cry elsewhere.

Ya, I know they lost to Arkansas State. We suck at football this year. That's something I can admit. I also admit we're in a rebuilding year due to a new coach who has last year's personell. We're talking about basketball. Nice red herring.

Are you in HS or do you attend college?