Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Andrew Wiggins' school commitment

Wiggins, the 18-year-old Vaughan native who is, by all accounts the best non-NBA player in the world, has not yet picked a college destination.

Only Wiggins and one other player

Default Re: Andrew Wiggins' school commitment

-___________________-

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

What was the point of making this thread? I'm pretty sure Wiggins being undecided is common knowledge and this provided absolutely no insight on the matter.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

carolina if he is really the next MJ :)

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    carolina if he is really the next MJ :)
    MJ made his own path. If he is the next great he should follow in no one's foot steps. I don't know much about college basketball, but out of the 4, is Florida the worst?

On that topic I hope he stays #22. I don't like it when good players pick numbers already made legendary. 34 has been repeated too many times, 23 is taken by too many, 3 is common, 1 is common etc.

Picking a number that isn't as famous gives you a chance to make it famous.

And yeah, this thread is kind of useless. The few people that check this part of the forum are already aware that the best high school player is like the only one left undecided.
    Last edited by Dave3; 04-03-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Banned

He's going to Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    MJ made his own path. If he is the next great he should follow in no one's foot steps. I don't know much about college basketball, but out of the 4, is Florida the worst?

On that topic I hope he stays #22. I don't like it when good players pick numbers already made legendary. 34 has been repeated too many times, 23 is taken by too many, 3 is common, 1 is common etc.

And yeah, this thread is kind of useless. The few people that check this part of the forum are already aware that the best high school player is like the only one left undecided.
    Yes, Florida State isn't anywhere close to being the same stratosphere as Kentucky, North Carolina, and Kansas in terms of prestige, tradition, success, exposure, etc. However, they're in the running because both of his parents attended Florida State and I believe one of his best friends from his AAU team is going to Florida State.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3

i think you mean Florida State, but essentially, yes, they are the worst of his top 4. By far. BUT there are two things to consider that actually might make them favourites:

1) Both his mom AND dad went to FSU and were both star athletes there (his dad average 23 pts and 9 rbs a game over his career at FSU and his mom is a 2 time Olympic silver medalist, 1 in the 4x100 and another in the 4x400). They both have insinuated that they want him to pick FSU.

2) His close friend and fellow Toronto native and teammate from Huntington Prep, Xavier Rathan Mayes, has committed to FSU. Now if that was it I'd say as well that that would just be grasping at straws and not enough to influence him. HOWEVER, Rathan Mayes' dad ALSO went to FSU and played with Mitchell Wiggins (yes, Andrew Wiggins' father) on the 76ers in 1991 and apparently their families are really close still today.

now, him playing at FSU, with Michael Snaer leaving this year, would ensure that he gets most of the shine and gets to play with a close friend AND gets to play in the ACC against top competition. It could be brilliant but also make him fall flat on his face

He should go to UNC or Kansas, you should never bet your future on a team that went to NIT last season, however much they look stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    He should go to UNC or Kansas, you should never bet your future on a team that went to NIT last season, however much they look stacked.
    How is he betting his future on a program? Wherever he goes is just a one year pit stop to a top 3 (likely #1) draft selection.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You bet your future on any program you go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    How is he betting his future on a program? Wherever he goes is just a one year pit stop to a top 3 (likely #1) draft selection.
    Of course it is a gamble. If he goes to Kentucky he may not win it all, and yet he can only take around 10 shots a game. If he goes to another program he may get 15-20 shots a game, and the team may as well do as good as Kentucky or even better. What will you choose if you were Wiggins?

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

96 hours

Just come to UConn, Mr. Wiggins. One and done or not. UConn

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

UNC went to the NIT the season after their latest championship as well.