Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Toronto FC 2012 Season Thread

[FONT="Impact"]THE YEAR 6th IS HERE!![/FONT]

Entering its 6th season in MLS, the team looks more stable than ever with the core of former German international star Torsten Frings, big Dutch Danny Koevermans and Canadian star Julian De Guzman, alongside with young talents from returning Joao Plata and Richard Eckersley to TFC 2012 SuperDraft rookie Luis Silva. The only major addition to the team is Chilean defender Miguel Aceval.

Aron Winter and Co. seems to do a great job working on his team and it shows during the second half of 2011 season with wins and the qualification to the CONCACAF Champions League knockout round.

The formation will still be Dutch-style 4-3-3. The projected starting rosters look like this:

---------------------Frei----------------------

Morgan----Aceval----Harden/Cann----Eckersley

-----------Frings--------De Guzman-----------

---------------------Silva---------------------

-----Soolsma------Koevermans-------Plata-----

TFC will unofficial begin the season this Wednesday March 7th in CCL game against the almighty Los Angeles Galaxy at Rogers Centre. 45,000 seats have been sold out already so you can expect a great atmosphere in the Dome.

CAN'T WAIT!!

Banned

Default Re: Toronto FC 2012 Season Thread

The turf is ready in the SkyDome. I still don't know how rowdy supporters are gonna be in that place since the policy is different from BMO Field. We could see some idiots lighting up flares tomorrow night.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

looks sweet, maybe i'll see you there if you're going

Banned

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

there's me

EXCITING GAME, gonna follow them all year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker

there's me

EXCITING GAME, gonna follow them all year
    I didn't know the 200 level above the supporter's section is basically an extended one. I chose the side instead and it's kinda okay. At least Becks visited my corner once.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Banned

TFC, after waiving Geovanny Caicedo days ago, signed former Puerto Rico Islanders defender Logan Emory to replace him. Without Adrian Cann, who is probably the best central defender available before the injury, Winter will have tough time shuffling his back line. Ty Harden is just a big dude who plays just okay defense. Frings can play as a sweeper but he is a lot more valuable higher up the field. I haven't seen enough of Aceval so I'm not gonna comment him yet.

Banned

TFC goes through to CCL semi-final, beating LA Galaxy at their home 2-1!

The next opponent is Santos Laguna of Mexico who beat Montreal Impact in CCL two years ago. This will not be any easier of TFC but let's keep the hope alive. Toronto sports fans deserve some good stories from somebody where Raptors is sucking and Leafs is gonna miss the Playoff yet again.

Awesome game last night, Kocić was unreal. santos will def. be a test for tfc tho.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

awesomeeeee

man I love this team now

Ryan Johnson on top form!

Banned

Frings will miss 4-6 weeks with strained hamstring injury. It sucks, of course, especially that Mexican team is waiting for them, but we will have a chance to see how Winter works up his roster depth, which will be very important during the middle of the season where Euro and Olympics will pull some players away for a while.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

another good game in the CL tonight, seems like a different team in this competition

going to mexico 1-1

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    another good game in the CL tonight, seems like a different team in this competition

going to mexico 1-1
    I was at the game tonight. TFC played much better than last two MLS games. Great defense against more skilled Santos Laguna but still couldn't finish.

And damn, Santos played like Mexican Barcelona, they used every single dirty soccer tricks in the bag! Flopping in every opportunities they got, tackling Ecks stud-first, and lastly a headbutt at the end of the game that led to a big scuffle!

American refs actually helped them though, waiving off Maund's push in the box and giving two reds at Santos players. Still, Koevermans also got booked and will be suspended next game in Mexico though.

At the end, anything better than a loss against Mexican teams can be considered a win at least to me.

Banned

Here is the alleged headbutt on Morgan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8D5TLflUm4

I didn't see the incident as it happened also because I was watching the ball as the time ran out. When I checked it both guys were down then the scuffle followed.