Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

I saw his last two game wit the kings - hope that's a sign

Learning to shoot layups

he'll have a good mentor in david west

Quote Originally Posted by dwade83
    he'll have a good mentor in david west
    I actually think he's more skilled in the post than West. DX has some good moves, but would rather shoot a 17 footer, doesn't pass well out of the double team, and turns the ball over when pressured while Diogu can bang and has that kind of range too. Hopefully Ike can get West to bang around more down low by playing him in practice.

Default Re: Breaky Noose - Ike Diogu to Hornets deal close

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Is this a joke?
    Hardly a joke. Ike is a joke. The thing that seperates him from those others? Fans have established what those guys are. They accepted it. With Ike? There is some hope, blind faith he pans out. Every destination he has travelled (o count the ways) Ike is somehow a good pickup.

I know I know, Chris Paul is going to bring the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

More minutes might.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde
    More minutes might.
    Same thing they said in Indiana and Sacremento. You gotta earn minutes. He has yet too in his career. He avg 6ppg 3rpg.

Same thing they said in Indiana and Sacremento.
    No they didn't.

No they didn't.
    Yes they did. Get a clue.

Yes they did. Get a clue.
    Pretty sure you're just making that up in your head.

Pretty sure you're just making that up in your head.
    No you're just misinformed. Do your homework. Larry Bird loved Ike and said he was the gem of the trade when he brought him there. He was the guy Larry really wanted and expected to blossom. Somehow he ends yp in Sacremento and today we're in a thread where he is a Hornet.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

No you're just misinformed. Do your homework. Larry Bird loved Ike and said he was the gem of the trade when he brought him there. He was the guy Larry really wanted and expected to blossom. Somehow he ends yp in Sacremento and today we're in a thread where he is a Hornet.
    I can vouch for this. I live with Larry Legend. Seriously though, Bird really did think Ike was going to be a diamond in the rough. How teams keep thinking it I have no idea. He's worth a spot in the league, but the guy isn't anything more than a homeless man's Eddy Curry. Very good low block scorer and that's about it. I've never seen wider eyes on a player when a post double comes.

Hardly a joke. Ike is a joke. The thing that seperates him from those others? Fans have established what those guys are. They accepted it. With Ike? There is some hope, blind faith he pans out. Every destination he has travelled (o count the ways) Ike is somehow a good pickup.

Dude, you don't know wtf you are talking about. It's obvious you haven't watched that many hornet games if you think Ike belongs in the discussion of Marks, Armstrong, Ely, and Bowen. All of those players are scrubs with no talent. Ike has talent, and has showed it when he gets the ball and minutes.

Every stop he's been was on a team that never gave him the ball and minutes because of guys playing ahead of him. When he got the chance, he tore up Nene at the end of last season. Kings fans were wondering why Kenny Natt never played him, as Bobby Jackson said he was the best player on the team in their practices and worked hard.

Do you think Nelly ball is going to like a post scoring big off the bench? Do you think playing behind Harrington and O'neal in Indiana that he ever got much of a shot? What about Portland who never thought of him as one to contribute? It's not that he can't, it's that teams don't use him. When he does get minutes, he plays well. Do you know what his averages are when he plays at least 30 minutes?

20.7 PPG, 8.8 REB, FG% .576 in 9 games. That's damn near his all star teammate David West, and in less time with better efficiency. He's only played 30 minutes or more in 9 games, not because he's not good enough, but because in his short career, he's always played behind established bigs where he got little use, or on a team that doesn't use post scorers. Again, it's the situation, not a lack of talent. That might change because the hornets desperately need bench scorers, and relief from West's heavy burden all season long.

Has Bowen or Armstrong ever lead the pac 10 in scoring? Armstrong spent 4 years in a quality program in UCON, and he hasn't improved his game ONE BIT in his career. He's a scrub who can't do anything. Bowen's production comes at the hands of heart and effort, and not skill. If you think they are the same level of player, then it's obvious you don't know wtf you are talking about.
    Last edited by Showtime; 07-31-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Good college starter

There's a lot of David West in this guy, great college player who hasn't done anything for the beginning of his pro career. They both relatively low, undersized PF with good mid-range jump shots who play C when necessary. West exploded when Paul joined the team hopefully the same for Ike.