Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Players better than Dwight Howard

And people ask why people call Manu overrated

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    I tried to tell you, Horde of Temujin. Maybe you should stick to football, or worry about your "Interim Team" OKC.

You really think all of those players are capable of leading a team to the Finals? Really?

Yep all of those players could lead a team to the finals especially in '09 with a weak Boston team and a fundamentally flawed Cleveland team.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I'm not convinced 18 ppg is a sign of things to come, particularly after two 21 ppg seasons in '08 and '09, a 20 ppg playoff run in '09 and the last 2 series he played. He was in constant foul trouble vs Charlotte and they did sweep them, but after that he put up 21 ppg on 84% shooting vs Atlanta and 22 ppg on 57% shooting vs Boston.

But two things that disappointed me last year were that Howard's offensive rebounding numbers dropped which created fewer scoring opportunities and I don't think he used the skills he does have as well as he could have. And what I mean by that is in 2009 he faced up more and was either getting to the foul line or hitting the running hook with either hand with decent regularity. Last season, he tried backing down players more which really isn't his strength unless he's playing against a guy like Horford.

He has worked with Olajuwon and Hakeem told him not to be afraid to use all of his skills which could help. If he shoots that bank shot consistently, even if he only makes them at an ok percentage, it will make the defense think a little more and open up his face up game so much for either the running hook, or a drive straight to the basket.

But regarding Duncan and Gasol vs Howard. Well, the fact that Duncan can't play big minutes anymore puts Howard clearly ahead, IMO. If I need a basket down the stretch, I'm still going to Duncan, but Duncan's defense has also slipped. A few years ago, I would've taken Duncan over Dwight defensively, but not anymore. For a series, Gasol can make an impact as big, but I don't think many would choose Gasol over Dwight if they were building a franchise. I think Howard is more of a franchise player. But you could argue that Gasol had a pretty comparable season.

Bogut is still a step down, though I'm hoping he continues to improve and Bogut/Jennings is one of the young duos that excites me the most.

Oden is the one guy who I really think does have the potential to have the impact Howard does. I think he could be a comparable rebounder and an even better defender and offensively, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to produce at a similar rate if he can stay healthy and stay on the floor for 35 or so minutes, however, I'm not holding my breath on that happening.

Actually, Oden is probably my favorite current player.
    Good point on Bogut, he is up and coming hopefully he can recover. Oden i'm a lil more skeptical about i dont think he'll ever be able to escape the injury bug a la Bill Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Yep all of those players could lead a team to the finals especially in '09 with a weak Boston team and a fundamentally flawed Cleveland team.

Keep it up, man! That "weak" Boston team was great and extremely deep, even without KG. They were 15-7 without him and won 8 of their last 9 as they fully adjusted to him missing.

And that "fundamentally flawed" Cleveland team had 2 sweeps. No one was saying they were "fundamentally flawed" when they were 8-0 in the playoffs.

I think it's clear that you are just a Dwight hater. I would love to see Ginobli or Gasol lead a team to the Finals.
    Last edited by zORi; 09-16-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Banned

Yesterday i made the apparantly absurd comment that the following players are better than Dwight Howard, some Isher's (well almost all of them) were a bit dismayed and shocked at my list. I for one just dont see it, Dwight is a great defensive force/rebounder but the man is severely limited on offense, he cant create his own shot no moves, makes many mental mistakes, but even against quality big man he can be beat man to man.

I was told that i am literally the only person who thinks like this and that i should commit suicide. So i was hoping for some input on this because i doubt im the only who feels this way.
    I dont know, im not some irrational hater but I just dont see it with him.

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Dwayne Wade
    Tim Duncan
    Paul Pierce
    Kobe Bryant
    Chris Paul
    Al Jefferson
    Deron Williams
    Pau Gasol
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Manu Ginobili
    Steve Nash
    Brandon Roy
    Carmelo Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by zORi

Keep it up, man! That "weak" Boston team was great and extremely deep, even without KG. They were 15-7 without him and won 8 of their last 9 as they fully adjusted to him missing.

And that "fundamentally flawed" Cleveland team had 2 sweeps. No one was saying they were "fundamentally flawed" when they were 8-0 in the playoffs.

I think it's clear that you are just a Dwight hater. I would love to see Ginobli or Gasol lead a team to the Finals.

Cleveland was a fundamentally flawed team, no true point and a bunch of semi has beens thrown together in hope of achieving a chip and a horrible coach.

Gasol could easily lead a team to the finals, as can Ginobili hes a lil older now but the man has been an instrumental, more than instrumental- integral part of a perennial contender for years and dont forget his accolades on the international stage.

Not a hater, you are my friend, youre the one resorting to personal attacks. Buts its ok its the internet i dont mind disagreeing with ya

Quote Originally Posted by OnceInADECADE
    look at how big his lower lip is and the top is nonexistent, weird.

ok Once, what if i were to add in Beasley?

Cleveland was a fundamentally flawed team, no true point and a bunch of semi has beens thrown together in hope of achieving a chip and a horrible coach.

Gasol could easily lead a team to the finals, as can Ginobili hes a lil older now but the man has been an instrumental, more than instrumental- integral part of a perennial contender for years and dont forget his accolades on the international stage.

Not a hater, you are my friend, youre the one resorting to personal attacks. Buts its ok its the internet i dont mind disagreeing with ya
    I agree with you on the personal attacks, that's unnecessary and I apologize.

But there is no way Gasol nor Ginobili can lead a team to a chip.

Cleveland actually does have a true point guard, but he isn't (wasn't) being utilized 100% because Lebron was controlling the ball most of the time. They aren't the first team to do this, the Lakers do the same thing to an extent, and they are champions.

Banned

look at how big his lower lip is and the top is nonexistent, weird.

ok Once, what if i were to add in Beasley?
    still i have Dwight ranked 2nd in the league

What the hell.. When it rains, it pours.

The list needs to be updated.

Some other names to add:

Marc Gasol
    Demarcus Cousins
    Zach Randolph
    Stephen Curry
    Derrick Rose
    Blake Griffin
    James Harden
    Tony Parker
    Russel Westbrook
    Tyson Chandler
    Kevin Love
    Joachim Noah
    Last edited by Horde of Temujin; 01-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson14
    Dwight Howard is a franchise player, and the best center in the league. He is a super star and players like kobe, wade, lebron and maybe durant and dirk are at his level. You cannot build a team around, roy, melo, nash, manu, pau, deron, al, and crhis and succeed like you can with dwight. He is your defensive anchor, and rebounding monster, as soon as he steps on the floor other teams completely change their offense. Now allot of those guys are much better scorers than dwight, and pau and al both have much better post moves but overall i put dwight ahead of them
    Are you stating that Kobe and Wade are at DH's level and implying that Durant isn't?

Joakim Noah, Luol Deng, and the Eastern Conference Player of the Week Carlos Boozer are the list too

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Are you stating that Kobe and Wade are at DH's level and implying that Durant isn't?
    that comment was from 2010 lol

one more addition: telephone poll

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Joel Anthony