Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Re: What a difference exercise makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I started running 21 days ago. Out of those 21 days I've ran 14 days and was sick or resting on 7 of those. In 21 days I've lost 14.4 pounds.

It'll be interesting to see what happens the next few days because before Thursday I was running maybe 30 minutes and burning about 300 calories.

On Thursday I ran 2 hours straight with rest walking in between and burned approx 131 carbs, 825 calories in 7.25 miles. Today I ran for 2h20 minutes, burned 151 carbs, 1013 calories in 8.75 miles.

Between yesterday and today I lost 1.2 pounds. But so far everything has been awesome. When I get down to around 200 I'll probably start mixing in some strength training.
    That's awesome.

Back in 2008 I was doing the treadmill hardcore. At least 3 miles a day and doing about 3 miles in less than 40 minutes. Which I know isn't a whole lot to those people who run a crazy amount but for someone like me who could do at best a 15 minute mile in high school it was impressive. I got down to 240 (I was probably at 270 if not more at the beginning of the year) and that's when I was actually weighed. I think by the end of the summer I was 230 which is probably the lowest I've weighed since my sophomore year of high school. Anyways, our treadmill was about 8 years old at that point and broke. We fixed it and it had problems until the end of '09 when we finally got a new one. I've been doing it once in a while since then but the way I've been feeling the past 3 days I'm keeping it up again.

I'm probably back up to about 270. But I've given up drinking regular pepsi on a regular basis and have lost some weight the past few weeks. I'm fitting into jeans that didn't fit at all around the holidays. So I decided to start doing the treadmill now and keep it up. A reasonable goal for me is I want to get down to 230 again by June. My main goal is to get down to about 190-200.
    Last edited by ConanRulesNBC; 02-04-2012 at 12:44 AM.

My treadmill workout: 10 minutes at 3.7mph and 5 degree incline, 20 min at 5.5 mph level, 5 min. at 3.7 mph level, 10 min. at 4 mph and 5 degree incline, 5 min. at 3.7 mph level. I do that 3 times per week with lifting, pushups/situps/yoga on the off days. I'm 6'1, 190.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    That's awesome.

Back in 2008 I was doing the treadmill hardcore. At least 3 miles a day and doing about 3 miles in less than 40 minutes. Which I know isn't a whole lot to those people who run a crazy amount but for someone like me who could do at best a 15 minute mile in high school it was impressive. I got down to 240 (I was probably at 270 if not more at the beginning of the year) and that's when I was actually weighed. I think by the end of the summer I was 230 which is probably the lowest I've weighed since my sophomore year of high school. Anyways, our treadmill was about 8 years old at that point and broke. We fixed it and it had problems until the end of '09 when we finally got a new one. I've been doing it once in a while since then but the way I've been feeling the past 3 days I'm keeping it up again.

I'm probably back up to about 270. But I've given up drinking regular pepsi on a regular basis and have lost some weight the past few weeks. I'm fitting into jeans that didn't fit at all around the holidays. So I decided to start doing the treadmill now and keep it up. A reasonable goal for me is I want to get down to 230 again by June. My main goal is to get down to about 190-200.
    All I can say is keep at it.

Banned

I've been "consistently" hitting the weights, doing cardio, and yoga for about 2 weeks now, and I've, obviously, seen absolutely no physical results yet; however, I feel way more confident in myself. I love it. Can't wait until the physical results match the mental.

Quote Originally Posted by skan72
    I've been "consistently" hitting the weights, doing cardio, and yoga for about 2 weeks now, and I've, obviously, seen absolutely no physical results yet; however, I feel way more confident in myself. I love it. Can't wait until the physical results match the mental.
    How are you eating habits before and after starting this?

Banned

How are you eating habits before and after starting this?
    I don't eat junk food generally (maybe once every 3-4 weeks?), but I do overeat when I eat. Stupid, I know, but I have a tough time stopping. I try to have a protein-filled breakfast - a couple eggs, some cheese, tomato chunks and a banana. After that just kinda random, but decently healthy stuff for snacks, lunch, snacks, and dinner...

Bad? Good? Really bad?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    My treadmill workout: 10 minutes at 3.7mph and 5 degree incline, 20 min at 5.5 mph level, 5 min. at 3.7 mph level, 10 min. at 4 mph and 5 degree incline, 5 min. at 3.7 mph level. I do that 3 times per week with lifting, pushups/situps/yoga on the off days. I'm 6'1, 190.
    major DILF [COLOR="White"](dentist/dad i'd like to f*ck)[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by skan72
    I don't eat junk food generally (maybe once every 3-4 weeks?), but I do overeat when I eat. Stupid, I know, but I have a tough time stopping. I try to have a protein-filled breakfast - a couple eggs, some cheese, tomato chunks and a banana. After that just kinda random, but decently healthy stuff for snacks, lunch, snacks, and dinner...

Bad? Good? Really bad?
    I'm no expert, but if you're not seeing any changes in a month you might want to change it.

Banned

I'm no expert, but if you're not seeing any changes in a month you might want to change it.
    Will consider it and try to eat less. Thanks.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Ran 9 miles today and burned off 1,100 calories, and I feel great!

Decent college freshman

It'll definitely take longer I think. I think the average weight for someone that tall as a male is probably like 170-180 probably. I'm 6'1" and should be at around 170-ish. When I get down between 200-210 I plan to do some lifting in-between some cardio to get a little bit a muscle so I hope to be between 190-200 and look pretty fit. come summer time.

To be honest though I would have no idea. I lost a lot of weight fast because I was at 238. I'm down to 223.6 right now, but a big portion of that is because I'm eating tons better now and now binging out on snack food. There were times i would eat a whole back of Oreos with milk in like 20 minutes. I've cut out all the sweets. I might have a snickers bar once a week or so, and in between meals I'll eat fresh fruit now and not chips or snacks.

The hardest part of all of this is when it comes night time. I'm a horrible eater after dinner. And eating right before you go to sleep is the worse thing you can do and I did a lot of it. I still feel this urges to eat at around 9-10 o'clock. But I've been able to control it with a few shelled walnuts and a glass of water.
    Dude I'm the same way.

Last year about this time I was around 190. I decided I wanted to lose just 10 pounds; so I started eating healthier and would do my best at running outside and on the treadmill. I became a little too obsessed with what went into my body that I ended up dropping down to 140 pounds in just a few months. I'm about 160 now. My problem now is that my junk food cravings are back and I can't stop eating junk. Yesterday for example I just ate a good healthy dinner. A half hour later I had the worst craving for something sweet, next thing you know I am raiding the cupboard and fridge eating just about everything. I wasn't even hungry.

For me I think a big problem is that this time of year always makes me a little depressed. It's cold, there is not a whole lot to do, and for some reason I turn to food.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    Dude I'm the same way.

Last year about this time I was around 190. I decided I wanted to lose just 10 pounds; so I started eating healthier and would do my best at running outside and on the treadmill. I became a little too obsessed with what went into my body that I ended up dropping down to 140 pounds in just a few months. I'm about 160 now. My problem now is that my junk food cravings are back and I can't stop eating junk. Yesterday for example I just ate a good healthy dinner. A half hour later I had the worst craving for something sweet, next thing you know I am raiding the cupboard and fridge eating just about everything. I wasn't even hungry.

For me I think a big problem is that this time of year always makes me a little depressed. It's cold, there is not a whole lot to do, and for some reason I turn to food.
    It's the obesegenes getting to you!

Decent college freshman

It's the obesegenes getting to you!
    Yeah I know I'm not fat. But over-eating makes me feel like crap but when I get in one of those moods I always resort to food. It's not healthy, and something I want to to stop doing.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    used a run alot , foot issues , move to a bike

Talked with my doctor about weight loss , toning bod and he said the bike is a good thing.

I am think about getting a stationary bike again... as well as a road bike this summer.
    The mountain bike was a.o.k. , but legit workouts on a road bike seems better for me.
    Dude! You should really try swimming, at first i HATED every minute of it, but after doing at 3 days a week for just a few weeks it feels great. better than running och cycling imo

College superstar

I've lost 8.8 lbs since new year. Mostly doing weight training at the moment. Once it gets a bit warmer I'm going to start playing more basketball for my cardio.

And yes exercise is great. The nice feeling you get after exercise is from endorphins.