Default Re: The Clippers are going to the 2013 NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Wade > Paul

Bosh > Griffin

Lebron > The rest of the Clippers combined

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    So enough threads about Lebron vs MJ, and Dwightmare. I can't believe there aren't a bunch of Clipper/Billups threads after the past week.

The Clippers put together a great week of bball this week after the return of Chris Paul and Billups.

It's only been a week, but Billups has shown he will be able to do a lot more than most people expected. I for one thought his career was over after last year's injury. It clearly isn't.

The deepest team in the league just got even deeper. It will be great watching them get to the Finals while all the Durant slurpers sit there shocked.

And you are basing all of this on what the Clippers are doing in February???

stop posting

rank sentamentalist

i've sort of turned into a clipper hater this year. i dunno why, maybe it's the flopper reputation that i've seen vindicated often enough, maybe i'm just a bitter lakers fan. i like chris paul for his professionalism and gritty antics but the rest of the team i'm lukewarm on.

so maybe that's why i'm hoping they don't. because honestly if they do, miami will steamroll them. of the three western contenders i think the clippers absolutely have the worst chance to dethrone the champions. i still don't the blake is ready to handle playoff adversity and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he faded late in games. and then you've mostly just got miami playing the rose-led bulls from years past, without the defense. thats an oversimplification but in crunch time, paul will consistently not be enough. heat are too potent offensively and too active on defense. clips have nobody who can even hang with lebron, certainly nobody on thabo or leonard level

plus they still just aren't very well built. too many pieces, too many swingmen and a shorter playoff roster will nix a key advantage they have over other teams.

i'm sort of thinking whoever winds up with the 1st seed will likely advance. memphis presumably no longer being the threat they were without a strong scoring swingman to take the load of the bigs, its gonna be that 2nd round that'll wear somebody down. and it'll likely wind up being the thunder who will then move on to face a fresh spurs team. all speculation i know but thats what i'm thinking

i'm also gunning for the spurs tho so im a bit biased

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    And you are basing all of this on what the Clippers are doing in February???

stop posting
    Nope.

I'm basing it off of what they did last year with Billups, last year without Crawford and Grant Hill, and this whole season with Chris Paul in the game (they're around 35-12 with him).

Now, they have Paul, Billups, Crawford, and Grant Hill all the same time.

And yes, it is only February. But I am not going to wait until I see the results before I make a prediction. That is why it is called a prediction .

Decent playground baller Hizack's Avatar

bump

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Lol

Clippers are not making playoffs in 2014 with Chris Paul gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Clippers are not making playoffs in 2014 with Chris Paul gone.
    Blake is going to get better you'll see

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar