Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wait you're wrong. The missions you do for the Hangar (Trevor) you do get a weekly income. I've been getting $15,000 so far.
    There are 10? I was reading posts on the GTA Forums when I first bought the Hangar and people were mentioning that there were 5 missions and that after that thy just start repeating, so I ended up just doing the first 5 and not doing any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    There are 10? I was reading posts on the GTA Forums when I first bought the Hangar and people were mentioning that there were 5 missions and that after that thy just start repeating, so I ended up just doing the first 5 and not doing any more.
    5 missions in the plane, 5 on the ground in the doonbuggy

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Correct, you have to do the first assassination mission in order to progress through the story.

I made the mistake of doing all of the assassination missions early on my first playthrough. I started a new game and saved the assassinations for the end and now I have 1.2 billion on each character.
    how long did that take for the start over?

Yeah, I'm thinking about starting a new game and doing the assassination missions right...

Banned

Every time I play gta 5 I always hear this guy always say **** me in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    how long did that take for the start over?
    It was super fast since I already knew what I was doing in every mission and I was able to skip all the cut scenes the second time around, I think about 5 or 6 hours total.

Also if you are trying to get shit done fast - take a Taxi as much as possible, so much time is wasted just driving between missions, especially once you start doing stuff in blaine county.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    If the person is dumb enough to not put their money into an ATM, then yes, you can rob them once you kill them.
    There's going to be a feature where you put your money into a bank account & pay for everything with a debit card.
    Wait, so we can buy stuff in Online? It seems like I'm behind here with the online news. Someone needs to post an article or something with all the info.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Wait, so how do you do the assassination missions the "correct" way?

Do you just wait until the end? Is there more to it? Luckily I haven't done the second one yet.

Obviously you wait til the end.

Scholar I was wrong about the hangar giving weekly payouts. I forgot I did 3 missions $5000 each. The next time I got my weekly statement I got $0 for the hangar. Pretty dumb that isnt a weekly thing. There are 10 missions to do tho.

I must have died a good 15 times trying to get this final spaceship piece. Its under a bridge, gotta sky dive to get it. F*ck, so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Wait, so we can buy stuff in Online? It seems like I'm behind here with the online news. Someone needs to post an article or something with all the info.
    There's a lot of detail about the online if you go to the GTA Forums, but just to answer your question: yes, you will be able to (and sort of have to) buy things online with in-game money. Safe houses, cars, vehicle insurance, weapons, jets, boats, motorcycles and bicycles, etc.

@GOBB, ok, that's a stupid feature. They should've made it like GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas where every property you buy comes with a few missions to do, and once you finish them all, you're able to just get paid without doing the tasks.
    BTW, I started a new game. Aiming at 100% game completion this time around while also exploring the state of San Andreas much more. I didn't speed through my first play through, but I also didn't explore Blaine County or the ocean much.

Home of the 16

I bought a hangar in LS #Happy

Quote Originally Posted by shaq2000
    Yeah, I'm thinking about starting a new game and doing the assassination missions right...

I've already started my 2nd play through now with the same goal.

I left the game alone for a few days to see how the stocks would move for me. The in-game ones barely moved half a percent, but I did get some $ back on the green stock market page.

I have sunk about 40 hours into this game, and I am ready to say GTA 5 is the best game I have ever played.

First you have this enormous world that feels so alive, full of diversity and interesting colorful shit. I love the pop culture references and parodies, stuff like Michaels son the fat teenage stoner who trolls people on twitter and plays video games all day makes this game feels so modern.

The physics are great. Combat feels a lot like red dead redemption, which is a good thing. The way that npcs respond toward your actions in the real world is really well done and leads to some hilarious moments. My favorite thing to do is just drive around like a maniac listening to the radio. I think GTA might actually be my favorite "driving game", mainly because I have a lot more fun cruising through a living open world, compared to competitive racing with the track format that most driving games use. Cruising and wrecking shit as a scabby meth-head redneck in a video game... its just too awesome.

The shit that people say is too funny, like during one of franklins early missions - "I dont smoke crack anymore.... well I smoke a little bit sometimes but thats just for taste"

So yeah I think this is probably the best game I have ever played, and thats without playing the multiplayer mode that comes out next week. The last game I spent $60 pre-ordering was the new SimCity, and that game sucked ass. Considering how much value I get from the newest release of Madden or Call of Duty, Rockstar could have charged $100 for GTA 5 and I would still think it is a bargain. I might buy GTA DLC just because I want to financially reward Rockstar for making an awesome game during a time when so many big title games are complete shit.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 09-27-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Banned

Do you have to know a lot about the stock market to use it in GTA? Listening to some of you really confuses me and I still don't get why you'd do the assassination missions last. Sorry for all the questions :P