Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default TRADE! Kings trade Omri Casspi, pick to Cavaliers for JJ Hickson

The Sacramento Kings today acquired forward-center J.J. Hickson from the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for forward Omri Casspi and a conditional future first-round draft pick, according to Kings’ President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie.

More info and quotes: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7916
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-30-2011 at 02:13 PM.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Hickson for Casspi? Advanced talks

kings HAVE to be throwing in more...

if they aren't i feel sorry for Cav's fans.

ya cause I certainly am not down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    kings HAVE to be throwing in more...

if they aren't i feel sorry for Cav's fans.
    Why? They just drafted Tristan Thompson at 4 who's a very similar player and Casspi is an excellent player that couldn't get consistent PT this year because Westphal has retarded rotations.

Cavs shouldn't do that.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

yeah, I actually think Casspi is a better player than hickson, who still hasnt really seemed to put it all together.

Amazing. One of the reasons the Cavs didn't want to trade for Amare was because they didn't want to give up Hickson.

If they had trade for Amare, LBJ and Amare would both be in Cleveland right now.

Draft night that were rumors of Douglas for Casspi. Hickson would be an absolutely great pick up for Sacramento. They have to be giving up more though... maybe Jason Thompson? Hasaan Whiteside?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Amazing. One of the reasons the Cavs didn't want to trade for Amare was because they didn't want to give up Hickson.

If they had trade for Amare, LBJ and Amare would both be in Cleveland right now.
    No, Lebron was leaving anyways. Stop being revisionist; the holdup was on Phoenix's end, for good reason. They were getting screwed even with Hickson in the deal/

Anyway, surprised nobody posted that Kings' 1st round pick is also in the deal.

Lmfao if this deal goes down.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Why? They just drafted Tristan Thompson at 4 who's a very similar player and Casspi is an excellent player that couldn't get consistent PT this year because Westphal has retarded rotations.

JJ is a borderline star, on the cusp of it. he's WAY better than Casspi, who barely even cracked the Kings rotation. i'm not saying Casspi is terrible, since he's tall, athletic, and can knock down 3's, but JJ is a WAY better and more proven player. its not even close.

JJ came into his own last year. before last year i'd say he was overrated and maybe a bust, but last year when he was getting shots and run, he was beasting more games than not. i mean putting up damn near 20/10 type numbers...

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

they better get more from sac or that's robbery

Quote Originally Posted by ctown4eva
    No, Lebron was leaving anyways. Stop being revisionist; the holdup was on Phoenix's end, for good reason. They were getting screwed even with Hickson in the deal/

Anyway, surprised nobody posted that Kings' 1st round pick is also in the deal.
    And losing Amare for nothing was better? They would have still had that cap space, since they would have gotten Big Z's expirer and also had Hickson.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    JJ is a borderline star, on the cusp of it. he's WAY better than Casspi, who barely even cracked the Kings rotation. i'm not saying Casspi is terrible, since he's tall, athletic, and can knock down 3's, but JJ is a WAY better and more proven player. its not even close.

JJ came into his own last year. before last year i'd say he was overrated and maybe a bust, but last year when he was getting shots and run, he was beasting more games than not. i mean putting up damn near 20/10 type numbers...
    A borderline star? Please. Hickson will never be a star nor make an all star game.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan

The word is that they turned us down but I know if we gave Hickson up, we wanted more than just having Amar'e for a couple months. He wanted a big name city.