Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Looks like the football team will be playing in the International Bowl... oh well a bowl is a bowl. Its good considering it will only be UConn's third bowl, if we get lucky we'll be in St. Petersburg.
    That is good. Like you said, a bowl is a bowl. I can't wait to book my room and get my ticket. Although, I am hoping that we can get the St. Petersburg Bowl. The International Bowl is in Canada.
    Last edited by JellyBean; 11-24-2008 at 10:33 PM.

At the half of the Paradise Jam title game:

UConn 38

Wisconsin 28

This could be a very special year. UCONN can beat opponents in many different ways. They made Wisconsin look horrible. 3 ten second violations??? lol they couldnt even get the ball past half court against the Huskies.

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    This could be a very special year. UCONN can beat opponents in many different ways. They made Wisconsin look horrible. 3 ten second violations??? lol they couldnt even get the ball past half court against the Huskies.

Heck yeah. If we play to our ability, we can make some serious noise this year. The game last night was a masterpiece. I hope that we keep playing at like this, but take it to another level.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Nice to see a 30+ victory considering Bryant hit about 15 threes.

Victory 780 for Coach Calhoun

Up next, Delware St and Buffalo...I hate to get ahead of myself, but two easy wins..I hope.

Man, Dyson and Walker are getting 2 steals a game! Thabeet is getting 4 blocks a game!! We are getting 10 boards from Thabeet and Adrien. Assist to turnover ratio could be better, but as long as we are winning, nobody really cares.

Way to go, Huskies!!!

Huge test for the ladies tonight...Oklahoma Sooners, are coming to town. This is going to be big for Tina Charles, especially. She has to deal with Courtney Paris and show the national audience how far her game has come.

I have no doubt that Tina will step up and play big tonight. I gotta get my dinner done so I can get my popcorn ready and watch this classic matchup.

GO, Huskies!!!

Nice win by the ladies yesterday. I anit about to lie, I thought that we would have our hands full with the Paris girls. Oklahoma is a team on the rise, so they did scare me.

Congrats, to Renee for having a nice game. You go, girl!! Renee had 30 and dished out 13 dimes. Maya Moore gave us 27/12. Tina Charles shpwed up big time!! Man, she had 18/10, plus she did well defending Courtney.

Again, nice work ladies.

Gavin Edwards!!!!! 17 pts in 16 mins.

Gavin was a beast in this game. It seemed everytime he touched the ball on the offensive end, he was scoring at will. The brother could not be stopped.

Great win. Let's get ready to battle Gonzaga in......19 days. Not that I want to over look Buffalo and Stony Brook. But we gotta bring our "A" game over the next games and take it up a notch against Gonzaga.

Go, Huskies!!!

A source close to the University of Connecticut men's basketball program said there has been concern about junior center Hasheem Thabeet getting big-headed over his NBA future. Potentially adding fuel to that fire is an NBA scouting executive telling the Globe last week that the 7-foot-3-inch, 265-pounder is considered a top-five draft prospect next year and likening him to Dikembe Mutombo after watching him at the Paradise Jam tournament in the US Virgin Islands.

"He was off the rack in USVI," the scouting executive said.

According to the executive, a college coach said Thabeet "blocks shots as good as Greg Oden, but he is more athletic and quicker off his feet than Greg. He is just scratching the surface."

Thabeet, 21, was named the Paradise Jam's MVP after averaging 12.3 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 5 blocks in the three-game tourney.

Through five games, the Tanzanian was third on the Huskies in scoring, averaging 13.8 points on 62.2 percent shooting from the field. He was averaging 10.6 rebounds and 4.4 blocks and shooting 67.6 percent from the free throw line.

But the source close to UConn also said Thabeet's teammates aren't confident throwing him the ball in the post because he has a limited post game and needs to get stronger. But you can't teach 7-3 height, and assuming he enters the draft, his next team will surely feel confident that it can improve his post game and get him stronger.

Asked about Thabeet having a limited post game, the scout said, "So did [Mutombo]. He shuts down the rim [defensively]."
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...hunder/?page=2

Thanks for the read, Posterize. Hopefully Thabeet, if the article is legit, can keep his head straight and focus on the task at hand; and that is winning an NCAA title, getting his game tight, and getting that degree.

The goes for all of the UConn players. The year we lost to George Mason, the players weren't focused enough. Everyone, not all just a few players, were looking ahead to the NBA and lost sight of the prize. The same thing might be happening again.

FOCUS Thabeet.

Man, Buffalo is giving us a scare. We are up by 7; 63-56, but man has it been a battle with about 3 mins left.

44% from the Field
    61% from the Freethrow
    57% from the 3pt line.

Wow!! We pulled out a victory but boy was it close; 68-64. The Buffalo Bulls took us out of our fastbreak offense and they really threw us off course. But glad that we got the win, but we have a lot of work ahead of us.

Sticks is back!!! Sticks is back!!!!

Stanley Robinson will be able to practice Sunday and will have his first taste of basketball action Monday, when we battle Stony Brook.

Welcome back, Stanley

Dude, it is basketball....don't sweat the small stuff. Just have fun and enjoy class/family/friends and have fun on the court. Stop stressing......