Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I've said it once, but I'll say it again.

Its really funny how people complain about the 2k company, and the state of basketball-simulation console games, in terms of relatively miniscule and unimportant minutiae that are barely part of the overall enjoyability of the game.

2k13 is definitely the best NBA game to date.... when considering the depth, aesthetics, controls, and rosters of today and the past. Don't bring up some 2k game made 9 years ago... it was awesome for the time, but completely obsolete in the 360/PS3/PC world where we want to control players that were born after 1988.

This game is great, and in the big picture its silly to complain about and refuse to purchase and enjoy because of the current exclusion of certain 2nd rounders and Euro players (which obviously will be fixed soon enough) and the improper roster placement of nobody's like Josh McRoberts.

I get that we all want perfection, and I do understand this is the internet where nothing is perfect and everyone has a complaint about everything... but come the f*ck on. This game is pretty cool. 2008-you would be in awe.
    Too be honest, yes I am nitpicking for no real reason, but I genuinely believe that most people only speak of this game and older NBA 2k games so highly because of having no competition against it.

If NBA Live was still alive and strong like it was years ago this game would not be rated anywhere near as high as it is. 2k is on the right path at the moment though.

I've said it once, but I'll say it again.

Its really funny how people complain about the 2k company, and the state of basketball-simulation console games, in terms of relatively miniscule and unimportant minutiae that are barely part of the overall enjoyability of the game.

2k13 is definitely the best NBA game to date.... when considering the depth, aesthetics, controls, and rosters of today and the past. Don't bring up some 2k game made 9 years ago... it was awesome for the time, but completely obsolete in the 360/PS3/PC world where we want to control players that were born after 1988.

This game is great, and in the big picture its silly to complain about and refuse to purchase and enjoy because of the current exclusion of certain 2nd rounders and Euro players (which obviously will be fixed soon enough) and the improper roster placement of nobody's like Josh McRoberts.

I get that we all want perfection, and I do understand this is the internet where nothing is perfect and everyone has a complaint about everything... but come the f*ck on. This game is pretty cool. 2008-you would be in awe.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Too be honest, yes I am nitpicking for no real reason, but I genuinely believe that most people only speak of this game and older NBA 2k games so highly because of having no competition against it.

If NBA Live was still alive and strong like it was years ago this game would not be rated anywhere near as high as it is. 2k is on the right path at the moment though.
    I understand nitpicking... I mean c'mon that is pretty much 90% of internet activity... but its the whole "I'm not giving my money to 2k Sports" and the rest of the fist-pounding rants about relatively minor aspects of the game that are just silly in my mind.

The fact that 10th-men like Josh McRoberts and Matt Barnes aren't on the right team... which will be fixed via update in soon enough... really shouldn't be a make-or-break feature in terms of purchasing the only NBA simulation-game on the market.

There is no competition because EA Sports and the Live franchise did not compete with 2k. 2k Sports put out the far superior product.... in terms of fan, critical, and I can only assume economic, perspective.

It's all relative. If EA had been putting out high-end NBA simulation games that could compete with 2k, then yeah I'm guessing that the development team would have had more resources toward making 2k13 a better game.

With that being said, how incrementally better could 2k be given the current console capability and the demand for said games? This isn't the land of the FPS where you can put out anything and have millions of 14-year-olds clamoring to play online for 11 hours straight. It's absolutely a niche market... especially considering the simulation-style nature and presentation that 2k sports offers.

Long story short.... 2k13 is a helluva game. Of course it has its flaws, but name one game in the history of games that has achieved perfection out of the retail gate. We should be extremely happy with the depth, quality, and aesthetics of this product considering its the only game of this particular content and style available that is sufficiently updated to the current game around which it revolves.

OMG! I kept a team to under 50% shooting!

I understand nitpicking... I mean c'mon that is pretty much 90% of internet activity... but its the whole "I'm not giving my money to 2k Sports" and the rest of the fist-pounding rants about relatively minor aspects of the game that are just silly in my mind.

The fact that 10th-men like Josh McRoberts and Matt Barnes aren't on the right team... which will be fixed via update in soon enough... really shouldn't be a make-or-break feature in terms of purchasing the only NBA simulation-game on the market.

There is no competition because EA Sports and the Live franchise did not compete with 2k. 2k Sports put out the far superior product.... in terms of fan, critical, and I can only assume economic, perspective.

It's all relative. If EA had been putting out high-end NBA simulation games that could compete with 2k, then yeah I'm guessing that the development team would have had more resources toward making 2k13 a better game.

With that being said, how incrementally better could 2k be given the current console capability and the demand for said games? This isn't the land of the FPS where you can put out anything and have millions of 14-year-olds clamoring to play online for 11 hours straight. It's absolutely a niche market... especially considering the simulation-style nature and presentation that 2k sports offers.

Long story short.... 2k13 is a helluva game. Of course it has its flaws, but name one game in the history of games that has achieved perfection out of the retail gate. We should be extremely happy with the depth, quality, and aesthetics of this product considering its the only game of this particular content and style available that is sufficiently updated to the current game around which it revolves.
    You have got to be kidding right?
    2k13 is not a sim, not even close. Infact I'd call it the most arcade "main NBA title" since some of EAs games in the 90s.
    The entire offence system in the game is broken, literally broken. From shot timings, plays, movements, players tendencies, FG percentages everything is a total mess. Are you aware there is literally no amination in this game to block a dunk. Try it out, you can literally drive and dunk 100% of the time with no way for a player or the AI to stop it. Same goes for putbacks.

The same can be said for defence, take some time to watch the game and you'll notice a user controlled player has totally different pyshics to CPU controlled players. Your player will literally have to bump and fight everyone on the court just to move while the cpu players just glide past everything, including the player using the "intense D" stance. They can and do just walk past like you don't exist. Boxing out does nothing as there is some weird floating jump animation for rebounds(user can do this too) where a player will end up near shoulders above the rim to rebound. This is especially evident when you watch guards soar over centers to get rebounds.

All this without even mentioning the literal game breaking bugs like freezing during simulations, after finals, game auto simming season after allstar break etc.
    Other unforgivable bugs like play vision not working whatsoever and coach logic being manic, sending your MP to the bench with huge minute cuts for no reason.

You can say you enjoy playing the game, that's fine, everyone to their own.
    But DO NOT come around calling this mess a simulation, that's a insult to Basketball fans worldwide.

First off, the McRoberts thing is obviously directed at me, so I'd like you to point me to the post where I said it's a make or break feature in terms of purchasing the game? I said I regretted preordering it, meaning I should have waited until they had accurate opening day rosters. Attention to detail is an important factor in purchasing games for a lot of customers. 10th man or not, this shouldn't be an issue in the first place. McRoberts was part of the Dwight Howard trade. If they can put Dwight on the Lakers, Bynum on the Sixers, etc., why do they neglect putting McRoberts on the Magic on the release day roster? It's just lazy and incompetent. It's annoying to know that they'd rather spend time including Pauly D and Justin Bieber in the game over having an accurate roster and at least including all the guaranteed contracts. A lot of us buy the game strictly to play online or play OA, which isn't as fun without accurate rosters, so yeah, what might seem like a minor detail to you could be much bigger deal to people that only play other game modes.

I don't have many qualms about the actual gameplay, it's probably the best I've seen from 2K but just because they have a monopoly on the "NBA simulation" game market doesn't excuse excuse putting out a half assed effort for certain parts of the game. FIFA 13's gameplay is amazing and they had nearly every team roster correct for hundreds of soccer teams on launch date and provides multiple updates a week to ensure that they're accurate.
    Last edited by Grinder; 10-15-2012 at 10:24 AM.

I can't use the rosters i download. I download via share, it saves it as 2KSHARE but it's not usable. I load it, can't use it. I am on PS3. Anything i'm missing that's obvious?

Banned

I've blocked dunks in 2k13 so not sure what that posts meant to mean?
    People will complain no matter what, most of what's here is just nitpicking though so don't come in acting all high and mighty. Everyone has a right to point out the flaws and I'm not seeing loads of big rants over reacting? Someone saying they regret pre ordering and would rather wait for the real rosters is fair, it beats starting a myplayer/associations with wrong rosters then having updates released when your already halfway through a season.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

So the PC version came out yesterday. Did anyone get it?

Is it a big enough upgrade from the nba 2k12 pc version?

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Cheeze is so bad in this game compared to 2k12. Durant makes so many contested jumpshots, Wade is a killer from 3 point land, idk wtf 2k did, they had it perfect in 2k12. Over 20 games played everyone picks the Heat, OKC or the Warriors, and Curry, Wade, Durant go for 40, or close to it. Unstoppable cheeze is back, not like in 2k12 where there was a counter for everything. Yea, you can still double team the star player the whole game and hope the [player doesnt find the open man, or just shoot over both and still make it.

Also playing vs a zone is so tough now. Since the players are relatively slower, is hard to even penetrate and try to make something happen. You have to cheeze it out on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    Cheeze is so bad in this game compared to 2k12. Durant makes so many contested jumpshots, Wade is a killer from 3 point land, idk wtf 2k did, they had it perfect in 2k12. Over 20 games played everyone picks the Heat, OKC or the Warriors, and Curry, Wade, Durant go for 40, or close to it. Unstoppable cheeze is back, not like in 2k12 where there was a counter for everything. Yea, you can still double team the star player the whole game and hope the [player doesnt find the open man, or just shoot over both and still make it.

Also playing vs a zone is so tough now. Since the players are relatively slower, is hard to even penetrate and try to make something happen. You have to cheeze it out on the perimeter.
    More cheese in 2k13? 2k12 may as well have been called 2kcheese. They fixed a lot of the problems with the cheese in this game although it of course is still there. And it's not that hard for players like Curry, Wade and Durant to score 40, since they are great offensive players.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    More cheese in 2k13? 2k12 may as well have been called 2kcheese. They fixed a lot of the problems with the cheese in this game although it of course is still there. And it's not that hard for players like Curry, Wade and Durant to score 40, since they are great offensive players.
    Rarely would a player go for 40 so easily(60-80%) in 2k12 online. It's combination of it being more difficult to cover the offensive player, and the absolute ease of making a jumpshot in this game.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I can't use the rosters i download. I download via share, it saves it as 2KSHARE but it's not usable. I load it, can't use it. I am on PS3. Anything i'm missing that's obvious?
    I don't know if this is a solution or not, but in the past, I've always downloaded a roster as a 2KShare file, but then saved it as a Roster file. But if you can't load the file at all in the first place, I suppose that wouldn't work.

I hate the new alley-oop controls. Sometimes when I try to go for a layup then quickly pass it I end up throwing a lob

NBA Superstar

I'm liking how 2K's handled their art updates thus far. As you guys have likely seen already, there's a notification screen when you boot up the game detailing any visual alterations that'd been made since your last gaming session. So far, the Knicks jerseys have been tweaked and the Suns, Lakers, and Thunder courts have all been added or edited. Pretty cool.