Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Live 07

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickFan4Life
    My highest scoring game is 157 with 5 minute quarters, so yea you can score in 2k6

2K7 Blows away Live 07, anyone who buys Live over 2K is a complete idiot.
    How can somebody be an idiot if they choose what they like? I bet somebody in Nigeria is calling you an idiot because you follow the Mavs. So you want everybody to be the same? ***** please.

MaverickFan4Life
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    How can somebody be an idiot if they choose what they like? I bet somebody in Nigeria is calling you an idiot because you follow the Mavs. So you want everybody to be the same? ***** please.
    well, maybe not an idiot, but they are misinformed about these games and only buy Live because of the name.

knicks are going to be nasty in nba live lol they always make francis a superstar and channing frye and eddy curry will both have good ratings, marbury will be like an 89 again with jamal coming off the bench as a playmaker and q rich as a shooter

i usually buy nba live but it is getting to be garbage the way they shoot is terrible defense is almost impossible and gameplay graphics keep getting worse my favorite was live 2004 but i lost it so i might get 2K7 this time see how it is

Cornell Basketball=#1

I wonder if Live is going to have actual realistic rebounding now...you know, something that the 2k series have had already? Enough with the ball being vacuum sucked into the hands of whoever has a higher rebounding rating thats been the trademark of every single Live game so far. We want contested rebounds, body contact, balls being batted back into the air and flying across court...(which interestingly enough has been on the 2k series and makes gameplay infinately more realistic)

Banned

Oh man I HATE the defensive rebounding of Live. It is by far the biggest flaw in the game. When I'm up one with 3 seconds left and the other team has one free throw, I actually HOPE THEY MAKE IT because if they miss 60% of the time they'll get the rebound and get a putback.

The reason we play Live is because of 2 reasons:

1. It's a video game. If I want to play basketball, I'll go outside and do so. I'm playing a video game I want it to be fun, it doesn't have to be super realistic.

2. I don't have a console, Live makes games for PSP and PC.

2k is a better game but I honestly don't care. Live is more fun. There are some flaws. Like freestyle superstar is way too effective. But when you're playing with other people it's a more fun game. Sure it isn't realistic. But tons of offensive boards and steals are fun. That's what it's all about for me.

I rule the local playground PureElement's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    I wonder if Live is going to have actual realistic rebounding now...you know, something that the 2k series have had already? Enough with the ball being vacuum sucked into the hands of whoever has a higher rebounding rating thats been the trademark of every single Live game so far. We want contested rebounds, body contact, balls being batted back into the air and flying across court...(which interestingly enough has been on the 2k series and makes gameplay infinately more realistic)
    The problem with Live's rebounding is actually too much flying across the court and that bigger playes always win the battle for positions. KG and Howard like their real life counter parts owns the boards, but guys without that much athletism and size, like Reggie Evans always lose the battle for the rebound. Guys with only size, or only athletism (Yao, TD, Marion), become merely average rebounders. My biggest problem is when the ball hits rim and then hits the ground with no one around it. The physics of that is pretty messed up and pretty random.

I would really like the "tip the ball back into the air"thing though, that would make it alot better for players like Yao.
    Last edited by PureElement; 08-23-2006 at 03:53 PM.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    Oh man I HATE the defensive rebounding of Live. It is by far the biggest flaw in the game. When I'm up one with 3 seconds left and the other team has one free throw, I actually HOPE THEY MAKE IT because if they miss 60% of the time they'll get the rebound and get a putback.
    Use the guy thats supposed to be boxing out the shooter, hold L1 and just box out. And if gameplay isnt realistic enough, put it on superstar setting and adjust the sliders. On 8 minute quarters, the scores are usually close and the games are usually 100-92 with me winning. You just gotta put the mid range long range and inside scoring sliders to 35 and game speed to like 40 I forgot the rest but NBA Live is fun and realistic for me.

Banned

Use the guy thats supposed to be boxing out the shooter, hold L1 and just box out. And if gameplay isnt realistic enough, put it on superstar setting and adjust the sliders.
    I play PSP Live. There are no sliders and you can't edit player abilities. And that is what I do (box out get a rebound). It's the only way I ever get rebounds on FTs. But if they bounce away from the player I'm controlling, it's an offensive board.

I rule the local playground PureElement's Avatar

And you have to put the defenisve rebound sliders really high and offensive rebound sliders really low.

Some new NBA 2k7 info. Not sure if already posted, but it looks like 2k7> Live this year.

http://www.********.com/xbox360/spor...eviews;title;3

and

http://sports.ign.com/articles/727/727219p1.html

Some snippets from the second one:

But don't think you can play Kobe 48 minutes a game and that will lead to a Lakers championship as progressive fatigue has been added into the mix. The older the player, the slower their recovery time, so if you go out and try to sign Mutombo, he might get you some blocks, but if you play him on back-to-back nights, you might see the big man break down before your eyes."

There is a ton of knowledge to be learned about every player as you can compare your baller's attributes against the league average for his position, really coming in handy during the free agent signing period
    But the arena's aren't the only things looking good as there are over 200 variations of jumpers in the game with players like Shawn Marion having four to five different looking shots, from his ugly three to runners and leans. They were already even to get J.J. Redick's smooth shot in the game from his motion-capture day just a few weeks ago. Taking things a step further, individual players will have special dunk packages, that way you won't see LeBron James hang on the rim after a dunk...every jam The King throws down is from his real-life repertoire

Good High School Starter

This is something that always drives me nuts.. just as much as people who literally fight about who is the better player, which is the better mouse trap, etc. The <insert video game title here> is better than <insert other video game title here> is about as ignorant of an argument a person can come up with.

Let's look up the word "subjective", shall we?

sub-jec-tive [suhb-jek-tiv]
    1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
    2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.
    3. placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.
    4. Philosophy. relating to or of the nature of an object as it is known in the mind as distinct from a thing in itself.
    5. relating to properties or specific conditions of the mind as distinguished from general or universal experience.

What -YOU- like is subjective. Just because -YOU- think a game is better, for whatever bull**** reasons you make up on the spot, does not make it so.

I've been a basketball video game nut since the Atari 2600. Out of all of the games that have been made, the NBA Live series to me is the definitive basketball video game series. It's just like with football, you have Madden, and you have everything else. Anything new that comes along to challenge it is already going to be building upon the foundation that it created.

With that in mind, each new game that comes out caters to specific interests. Some are more arcade like, some are more instant gratification oriented, some find graphics to be more important than gameplay, some are more customizable than others as far as difficulty and gameplay goes, etc.

I myself prefer NBA Live. I prefer it because I play it on the PC instead of on consoles. It

MaverickFan4Life

[QUOTE=JalenRawley]This is something that always drives me nuts.. just as much as people who literally fight about who is the better player, which is the better mouse trap, etc. The <insert video game title here> is better than <insert other video game title here> is about as ignorant of an argument a person can come up with.

Let's look up the word "subjective", shall we?

sub-jec-tive [suhb-jek-tiv]
    1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
    2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.
    3. placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.
    4. Philosophy. relating to or of the nature of an object as it is known in the mind as distinct from a thing in itself.
    5. relating to properties or specific conditions of the mind as distinguished from general or universal experience.

What -YOU- like is subjective. Just because -YOU- think a game is better, for whatever bull**** reasons you make up on the spot, does not make it so.

I've been a basketball video game nut since the Atari 2600. Out of all of the games that have been made, the NBA Live series to me is the definitive basketball video game series. It's just like with football, you have Madden, and you have everything else. Anything new that comes along to challenge it is already going to be building upon the foundation that it created.

With that in mind, each new game that comes out caters to specific interests. Some are more arcade like, some are more instant gratification oriented, some find graphics to be more important than gameplay, some are more customizable than others as far as difficulty and gameplay goes, etc.

I myself prefer NBA Live. I prefer it because I play it on the PC instead of on consoles. It

^

Why the **** did you quote such a big post? You didn't debate any points in it you stupid piece of inbred dog-****.

You really are a terrible poster and we should just flush you down the toilet.

And to summarise:
    -Some people like Live
    -Some people like 2K

Who gives a flying ****?

It's like one kid saying: "I love Cheese Burgers"

And the other kid saying: "I love Ham Burgers"

Its the same damn thing you freakin' morons.

Personally I've played both and you're no less of a fan if you play Live, and you're not a better fan if you play 2K.

IMO, 2K is boring, and Live is too up and down. I score over 200 points on the settings that the game has preset into it.

A combo of the two games would be perfect.

Now stfu.

MaverickFan4Life

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
    ^

Why the **** did you quote such a big post? You didn't debate any points in it you stupid piece of inbred dog-****.

You really are a terrible poster and we should just flush you down the toilet.

And to summarise:
    -Some people like Live
    -Some people like 2K

Who gives a flying ****?

It's like one kid saying: "I love Cheese Burgers"

And the other kid saying: "I love Ham Burgers"

Its the same damn thing you freakin' morons.

Personally I've played both and you're no less of a fan if you play Live, and you're not a better fan if you play 2K.

IMO, 2K is boring, and Live is too up and down. I score over 200 points on the settings that the game has preset into it.

A combo of the two games would be perfect.

Now stfu.

Why dont you keep telling me how much of a life you got when you have nothing better to do then find every post I make and then call me childish names