Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Facts Are Misleading

Default Jeremy Lamb. Who does he remind you of?

Default Re: Jeremy Lamb. Who does he remind you of?

keith van horn

Pippen.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Pippen.
    My thoughts as well. I also see Batum.

I don't think he's going to be a superstar at the next level, but I believe he's going to be an amazing supporting actor in a feature film.

Nicolas Batum is the first person I think of when I see Lamb play. Lots of similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    My thoughts as well. I also see Batum.

I don't think he's going to be a superstar at the next level, but I believe he's going to be an amazing supporting actor in a feature film.

looks to be a lot better than Batum to me...

I see all star in this guy. Great talent.

I dont know if he will translate well in the NBA. in the NBA, im just seeing Tony Allen with more of playmaking role. He does have Pippen potential but he doesnt have great size for all what he does well. It won't be as effective against bigger wings in the NBA. but he does have great wingspan and thus can make up for his average size at SG.

Banned

NBAdraft.net has him compared to Richard Hamilton

I see some glimpses of T Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I see some glimpses of T Mac
    exactly...same here.

Cuba

He goes what, 6'4" or 6'5"? I know he's very long so he can play a couple of inches bigger than his actual height, but I'm just not sure how sold I am on his NBA potential as anything more than a really good supporting player. I could be way off, though, and really need to just watch him play some more this year before I totally make-up my mind.

I see Batum and T-Mac thrown out there, but Lamb is 4-5 inches shorter than both. His jumper isn't anywhere near McGrady level right now, either.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Is T-Mac like the default "lanky 2 guard" comparison these days? Lamb's got some pretty long arms, that's about all he has that T-Mac had. Same thing with Paul George last year, similar long lanky frames so oh shit he's the next T-Mac, even though neither can really put the ball on the floor outside of a quick dribble drive all that much let alone play a legitimate 0 guard.

If we're forcing comparisons, maybe Rudy Ferandez-ish, Brandon Rush with an actual desire to play basketball maybe.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

He's Jeremy Lamb. Great 3, great midrange, explosive to the rim, great D, crazyass wingspan....

Anyways if I had to use UConn players to make a comparison then I'd say he is a cross of prime Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Somebody look up Kerry Kittles. Maybe I'm just too old.

Very similar build. Very similar catch and shoot off balance games. Good cutters. Good vision as passers. Both a little limited with the ball on the floor. Operating mostly off of shot fakes, one to two bounces, and the ability to get off weird shots from weird angles that defenders aren't ready for because their length makes them unpredictable releases. Both are similar defenders in that they play a ton in the passing lanes due to their wingspan, and both could defend smaller, because their arms really bother smaller ball handlers (guys like this I hated guarding me when I played, I was a 6', 200 lb PG, and I'd take a lighter lightning quick guy defending me any day.).

Kittles was a similarly dominant College player.

At the pro level, Kittles was hurt defensively by being overpowered, which will happen to Lamb, but he was still an adequate defender in that you could move him to a couple positions and he'd still play the passing lanes for you. And offensively he was less able to finish over people, which will also happen to Lamb (that Dunk he had the other night just isn't gonna happen at the pro level. His arms reached over a tipping defender for a crazy smash, but his frame won't make defenders tip at the next level, even if he fills out). He was a very good, not great, pro, who's career was sidelined a bit by injuries. I'd expect a similar pro game for Lamb, who hopefully remains a little healthier.