Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: What do the Lakers need to IMPROVE for game 3

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Bynum's offense is our best defense because of how deep he gets in the paint, we're able to recover better on the defensive end. So more touches for Bynum. I'm thinking more of a two man offensive game between Kobe and Drew.

In this case, truly, our best defense is gonna come from getting quality offensive possessions in the paint. Kobe and Drew need to run game like Kobe and Shaq did in Kobe's first back-to-back championship.
    thanks for posting here instead of creating another thread on the same subject

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    stop acting like a 12 year old "i've gotta secret"..... lol

the reason they get deleted is because you post the same thing over and over, you're like a broken effing record,, nobody cares.... i'm sick of getting e-mails and pm's complaing about you and your crappy posts

either put up or shut up.....
    Wow.....that is extremely rude of you.....but I guess you think moderators are gods and can get away with it since You can delete whatever I write.
    I'll PM you and you decide if it should be public!!!

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Wow.....that is extremely rude of you.....but I guess you think moderators are gods and can get away with it since You can delete whatever I write.
    I'll PM you and you decide if it should be public!!!
    it's not up to me to decide if it's for public consumption or not..

you missed the point, the point is this is what? the 6th seventh time you've posted i gotta odom secret? what purpose does that serve? say it once and be done with it.. nobody responded the first time the second time i got a crap load of e-mails and pms from folks complaing about it... i understand you have a secret that's so juicy you can't restrain yourself.. but seriously stop...lol

it's your deal whatever it may be, somebody told it to you in confidentiality it's not up to me to help you break that bond...

so please don't send it to me...

if you have to kiss and tell then do so but don't keep typing the same thing over and over again, it's boring and to be honest it's somewhat demeaning to you, you talk about about this and that, aau ball and your experiences and such but this is just juvenile i guess is the best word for it.

i would think you would be above this level of posting with all that you claim to be about...

it's not up to me to decide if it's for public consumption or not..

you missed the point, the point is this is what? the 6th seventh time you've posted i gotta odom secret? what purpose does that serve? say it once and be done with it.. nobody responded the first time the second time i got a crap load of e-mails and pms from folks complaing about it... i understand you have a secret that's so juicy you can't restrain yourself.. but seriously stop...lol

it's your deal whatever it may be, somebody told it to you in confidentiality it's not up to me to help you break that bond...

so please don't send it to me...

if you have to kiss and tell then do so but don't keep typing the same thing over and over again, it's boring and to be honest it's somewhat demeaning to you, you talk about about this and that, aau ball and your experiences and such but this is just juvenile i guess is the best word for it.

i would think you would be above this level of posting with all that you claim to be about...
    It's funny, it's not up to you to decide what's for public consumption? Aren't you the moderator? Don't you bash and delete threads daily? YES!!!!!
    You are a very disrespectful person, if you acted with more class and not like an internet thug I wouldn't have a problem with you. I don't bash you for repeating anything.......I bet you bashed Artest signing 1000 times.....but so what, it's your opinion, I respected that even if I disagreed with it and now you admit you were wrong about it........I do respect that from you.
    I don't feel it is a moderators place to try to bully people, insult or attempt to embarass like a Mall Cop with pretend power. I respect the opinions of others wheteher I agree with them or not.....this is for the ENTIRE LAKERS Community. At a time like this a moderator should be trying to bring everyone together not push them apart. Regardless of anything we ALL want the exact same conclusion....A Lakers Championship......let's all focus on that and be good to eachother, celebrate together as one.

If someone created a post in early April saying that we wouldn't have to play Dallas, Denver, San Antonio, Orlando or Cleveland to win the championship, you guys would have insulted the person and closed the thread........it proves you just never know.
    The Lakers community needs to be about inclusion...not trying to drive people out. Now.....do you want to continue the hate or can we all get along now?

shhhhhhh

It's funny, it's not up to you to decide what's for public consumption? Aren't you the moderator? Don't you bash and delete threads daily? YES!!!!!

dk you really really missed the point, it's your secret, i deleted the pm without even opening it

it is not up to me to decide what was told to you in cofidence is for public consumption, i'm not going to make a judgement call on someone's private life... even if it is a public figure...

deleting posts or dicussing hoops or knocking around trolls is so far different than what you're asking me to decide i'm amazed you don't see the difference...

ask the community, am i wrong on this?
    any of you posters, if somebody told you a secret about say phil jackson would you come here and ask a mod to post it for you?

if you acted with more class and not like an internet thug
    as for the e-thug thing.. you're the only one who says that about us and you're also the only one banned for sending threatening pm's to other members of ISH
    Last edited by gts; 06-08-2010 at 02:42 AM.

dk you really really missed the point, it's your secret, i deleted the pm without even opening it

it is not up to me to decide what was told to you in cofidence is for public consumption, i'm not going to make a judgement call on someone's private life... even if it is a public figure...

deleting posts or dicussing hoops or knocking around trolls is so far different than what you're asking me to decide i'm amazed you don't see the difference...

ask the community, am i wrong on this?
    any of you posters, if somebody told you a secret about say phil jackson would you come here and ask a mod to post it for you?

as for the e-thug thing.. you're the only one who says that about us and you're also the only one banned for sending threatening pm's to other members of ISH
    1. I never asked you to post it, I said I trusted you to NOT post it.

2. Obviously it has much to do about hoops because it's clearly effecting his play

3. It is a legal offense to libel me. I NEVER threatened anyone. I strongly suggest you never come up with that load of crap again or Jeff and I will have a nice conversation about it. Very childish move on your part.

If you want to discuss anything why not discuss abuse of so called power?

I clearly have tried to get you off your personal vendetta against me for the good of the Laker Community but still you insist. As a moderator you should understand, we are in the Finals....it's not about You, and sure the hell not about me either.

Please do not disrespect the Laker Fan community with pettyness.
    Let's turn our focus to the Lakers!!!!!! Championship!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DKLaker; 06-08-2010 at 03:10 AM.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

ahh the war between you guys...

but i agree with gts here.....if you dont want to share the secret why are you bringing up every time somebody brings up LO's performance.....

its your secret....so keep it with u.....

Also please dont berate me here for having my own opinion here......cause i dont care and would not reply back to ur insults

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

Default Re: What do the Lakers need to IMPROVE for game 2

The Lakers had a decent game. Despite being behind the entire game, our boys didn't give up. They battled their way back into the game. Taking the lead. Positioning themselves to win. But let it all slip away in the last 5 minutes. Lakers simply lost their championship composure. I attribute the loss to poor shot selection and bad play calling during the final 5 minutes. Our bigs kept us in the game by drawing countless fouls and getting to the line. Not only did they take a combined 25 fts, pau and bynum made 20. High impact attempts with an 80% success rate. And the strategy was worked to perfection up until crunch time. Why? I don't know. It was ridiculous. Seriously. Is it Phils fault? For not recognizing. Or Kobes fault for wanting the late game glory? Or are we locked into "Kobe Time". We should have continued going down low. Allowing Pau and Bynum to draw fouls. GTS tracked the Lakers offensive possesions in another thread. Gasol didn't take a single shot in the final 5:20. Bynum had two possesions lead to a missed shot and turnover before teh 4:30 mark. Then nothing.

Here is my quote prior to game 2 on page one of this thread, before it became a game 3 thread. Plenty of good ideas throughout the thread. All of which can be applied to Game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand

Lakers bigs must continue to draw fouls leading to free throws . Lakers big shoot above average ft% compared to most NBA bigs. Other than Odoms measley 66% avg. Gasols 78%(6.2 ftattempts playoff avg) and Bynums 65%(2.1 fta) are good. Bynum avg'd 74% during the regular season. The Lakers could pad the points at the stripe.

Rondo shoots a crappy 67% with impact 5.6 free throw attempts. Perkins continues the craptastic free throw parade with 58% ft avg on 2.4 fta. Garnett shoots an excellent 81% with a lowly 2.1 attempts. Garnett and the celtics could use more fta. Also don't expect to see Garnett brick 3 layups. I don't think the big ticket has bricked 3 gimmes since 3rd grade. Whatever. i prefer more of the old ticket.
    Game 2 stats:

Bynum
    6-10 fgs
    9-12 fts 75%

Gasol
    7-10 fgs
    11-13 fts 85%

Incredible statlines. Most notably the ft attempts and makes. Cmon!!!! Milk this sucker!!!

I hope this is noticed by the coaching staff and applied throughout the series.

On another note, did you see the defensive adjustment the Celtics made in Game 2?

Quick hockey assists were the Lakers most effective inside play. Celtics help(double) defense closed in far too quickly on the triangles pivot point. And the 2nd help defender(weak-weakside) was non existent. Slashing Bynum, Odom or Pau feasted on easy layups from touch passes. Deflating the entire Celtics momentum from time to time. Celtics can adjust by moving slower to double the Lakers high-mid post. Seriously the Celtics do not give up easy layups.
    They took it a step further. By NOT sending the double at all. They mostly played man to man vs Bynum and Pau. Which lead to one on one matchups. Followed by fouls and trips to the foul line.

We did have 2 hockey assist type plays. Far less than the 6 or 7 from game 1.

All good. Just noticed some things. Wanted to voice it out.

side note: i was completely wrong with my gambling predictions.

Game 3
    over/under 193
    Boston -3

No comment.

Although Im sad we lost. We played a respectable game. Showed heart playing from behind. It was winnable...which hurts.

The series still hasn't been as physical as I expected. But I fully expect Game 3 to be the most physical of any game played or not played.

Get together with some buddies and beers. Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    ahh the war between you guys...

but i agree with gts here.....if you dont want to share the secret why are you bringing up every time somebody brings up LO's performance.....

its your secret....so keep it with u.....

Also please dont berate me here for having my own opinion here......cause i dont care and would not reply back to ur insults
    Berate YOU????? Why would I do that? I have very clearly stated that I respect everyones opinion and the right to give them....wow?
    I just defended kkinchen because he's being mistreated and disrespected......and I didn't even agree with kkinchen's post, I just felt he had the right to his opinion......so don't try to make me thae bad guy here, I feel i've taken the high road.

My opinion is that instead of waiting or wondering what's going on with the guy LO, understand that it's a personal issue and nothing physical......you don't need to know what it is.......just what to expect. I mentioned it only 3 times, and I don't think there is a single person on ISH who hasn't said something more than 3 times......I feel trying to censor or tell people to shut up is not what an open forum is all about, and it's very disrespectful.
    I'm not bashing you or anyone.....just saying that we all need to stop the negativity and personal gripes and focus on the big picture, I'm trying to bring everyone together. GTS and I have been battling for a long time.......it will likely continue in the future but NOW is clearly NOT the time for this stuff.
    (I do not initiate any conflicts at all....but don't back down from bullies.)

I'll tell you and everyone.....keep giving your honest opinions but don't hate or put down others and i'm cool with you all......even if I completely disagree with you. dd24 knows that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

dklaker - that is your problem... you don't recognize that you are berating people with almost every single one of your posts. i have gotten many personal messages and emails to this effect.

99% of the people here treat each other with respect most of the time even when they disagree. your posts come across as arrogant, argumentative, and condescending.

the easiest way to fix it is to take this criticism to heart and try to treat people better - like how you expect to be treated. however, i don't think you will do that because you don't seem to know how/when to back down or ever admit that you are wrong.

don't blame the mods or anyone else for your behavior. take accountability and own it.

p.s. i can almost predict that your response will be inflammatory, and yes, one of the mods will likely delete your post or the entire thread... and yes, i will probably regret having responded to this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    dklaker - that is your problem... you don't recognize that you are berating people with almost every single one of your posts. i have gotten many personal messages and emails to this effect.

99% of the people here treat each other with respect most of the time even when they disagree. your posts come across as arrogant, argumentative, and condescending.

the easiest way to fix it is to take this criticism to heart and try to treat people better - like how you expect to be treated. however, i don't think you will do that because you don't seem to know how/when to back down or ever admit that you are wrong.

don't blame the mods or anyone else for your behavior. take accountability and own it.

p.s. i can almost predict that your response will be inflammatory, and yes, one of the mods will likely delete your post or the entire thread... and yes, i will probably regret having responded to this.

Wow....frick and frack are at it again....lol.

This stuff is very highly unnecessary, I keep saying for you and your pal to put aside your personal vendettas against me and let's focus on enjoying the Lakers winning the Championship.....what is wrong with that?????
    Do you REALLY think that your behavior is appropriate? Classy???

I laugh that you always act like you have an army of others behind your actions....dude it's just you and your cronies. I have tons of guys complaining to me about YOU, that is for sure.

A moderator should be taking the high road and not trying to start fights with posters. I'll say it again, I have no desire to argue with you nor anyone about anything, I respect every opinion and the right to post or create threads.

We all should be strictly focused on beating Boston....not beating up eachother........now if you or anyone want to pick a fight with me please wait until a few days after the parade

Anyone I supposedly offended please feel free to PM me and I will explain or apologize.....we CAN all get along!!!!!

(I hope all the STUFF is over)

Ok guys, back to basketball.....just an idea.

We are getting beat on screens because we are afraid of the mismatches that will occur if Pau or Bynum rotates out leaving Fish to guard either Perkins or KG. If we started LO then now we don't get burned on any rotations and can switch freely. Fish would then come in when Allen is out.
    Obviously this effects our normal bench rotation but this can be solved by bringing in Powell when Rasheed is in.
    I just got this idea right now and haven't thought it out fully.

I welcome ALL opinions on this as it relates to basketball......keep it respectful guys.

We are getting beat on screens because we are afraid of the mismatches that will occur if Pau or Bynum rotates out leaving Fish to guard either Perkins or KG. If we started LO then now we don't get burned on any rotations and can switch freely. Fish would then come in when Allen is out.
    Obviously this effects our normal bench rotation but this can be solved by bringing in Powell when Rasheed is in.
    I just got this idea right now and haven't thought it out fully.
    Are you suggesting using a starting lineup of Bynum/Pau/Odom/Artest/Kobe? Maybe I misread, but that is what I am understanding.

I am not sure Phil will make any changes as far as the starting lineup goes. We got here to the finals with that starting lineup so halfway through the finals, I am not so sure it is the right thing to do either. Perhaps what Phil CAN do is give the Machine more playing time. Just take Brown's playing time and some of Fisher's to Machine. Machine at least sticks very close to his assignment 99% of the time, give him the playing time. He is also pretty good at fighting through screens while defending Ray Ray. He has the speed and length to keep up with Ray. The only question mark is his offense.. I don't know if Machine can hit some big shots in this series.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

A moderator should be taking the high road and not trying to start fights with posters. I'll say it again, I have no desire to argue with you nor anyone about anything, I respect every opinion and the right to post or create threads.
    dude - people are complaining about you... as a moderator should we sit back and do nothing?

think more closely about what i wrote above.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    dude - people are complaining about you... as a moderator should we sit back and do nothing?

think more closely about what i wrote above.

Is this petty bickering really that important to you????
    It's quite sad that you continue to try to egg me into fighting with you, As I said before, I have no interest in fighting with you or anyone.
    The Lakers are in the finals, we should be enjoying this not bickering......so if someone supposedly has a complaint, why is my PM inbox empty?
    Why.....because there are no complaints....and everyone can read that I am taking the high road.

I said clearly that anyone who has a supposed problem should PM me to let me know how they feel, I'm a very reasonable guy who is not looking to fight so I will give them their say and give a very considerate response.....not fight or bash them as you attempt to portray me.

The way I look at it, we Lakers fans are like teammates and when teammates fight nothing good comes of it......show some class and let it go please.
    I don't think anyone on here wants to read a bunch of B.S., So I'm talking about brotherly love.....I'm not going to fight with you so just move on and discuss basketball please.