Default Resurgence of Dwight Howard

Against Dallas
    Game 1: 11 points 5 rebounds 5 blocks in 17 mins
    Game 2: 28 points 12 rebounds
    Game 3: 13 points 26 rebounds

With the recent trend of defensive minded bigs (DeAndre Jordan, Andrew Bogut, Rudy Gobert), is this the most potent role for Dwight? Just leave it all out there on the defensive end and just let Harden set him up on Offense?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Resurgence of Dwight Howard

Sigh...because being injured had nothing to do with it? He was just playing "poorly"? He missed half the season for no reason? His knee was bothering him...and if you play any kind of sports at all...you should kind of know how much a ****ing bad knee can encumber your play. (especially when you're a guy like Dwight who is one of the top 10 greatest athletes the NBA has ever seen and is used to his body actually...working in his favor)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Sigh...because being injured had nothing to do with it? He was just playing "poorly"? He missed half the season for no reason? His knee was bothering him...and if you play any kind of sports at all...you should kind of know how much a ****ing bad knee can encumber your play. (especially when you're a guy like Dwight who is one of the top 10 greatest athletes the NBA has ever seen and is used to his body actually...working in his favor)
    Nah man I get what you're saying about his injuries and what not. I'm just saying is this his ideal role? Not the number 1 scoring option like Shaq but a defense first offense second type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    Nah man I get what you're saying about his injuries and what not. I'm just saying is this his ideal role? Not the number 1 scoring option like Shaq but a defense first offense second type of guy.
    That is really no surprise. I'm a big Dwight fan, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you he has anything in common with "the dream" offensively. He never had the skill and frankly body like your namesake. While I find Shaq more skilled than some...lets face it...he lowered that shoulder and bowled his way to a more than a couple of those thousand points. IF they actually called the rules as they were written..Shaq would have fouled out almost half his career...or had to completely change his game.

I have high respect for the defense and rebounding. The man may not "get it" offensively, but he has keen as a BBIQ when it comes to defense as anyone else before him. Watch Deandre Jordan (3rd in dpoy and 1st in rebounds) when he's healthy and watch Dwight Howard and tell me Howard isn't on a completely different tier. The man knows what he is doing on the defensive end...and he does it damn well when his body is up to the challenge.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-25-2015 at 02:29 AM.

Refused to play pick n roll, thought he was a number one option and demanded the ball on offense.. But when laker fans said these things we're just salty and its kobes fault..

Kobe saw that in Dwert from day one but the beta couldn't handle it..

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Refused to play pick n roll, thought he was a number one option and demanded the ball on offense.. But when laker fans said these things we're just salty and its kobes fault..

Kobe saw that in Dwert from day one but the beta couldn't handle it..
    Came back early from his back injury, played through a shoulder tear (which I've had surgery myself to repair...my arm was MUCH, MUCH WEAKER before it was repaired) and he has to eat this crow from you pathetic Kobe stans? You support a player who hasn't done shit in about 3 years. A player that managed to send the best available free agent of the offseason away. What do you have to say now? Your team is garbage and will continue to be garbage...you think this tank nightmare is over? Ha. You got a few more years of that. Enjoy it, I know we all will.

That is really no surprise. I'm a big Dwight fan, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you he has anything in common with "the dream" offensively. He never had the skill and frankly body like your namesake. While I find Shaq more skilled than some...lets face it...he lowered that shoulder and bowled his way to a more than a couple of those thousand points. IF they actually called the rules as they were written..Shaq would have fouled out almost half his career...or had to completely change his game.

I have high respect for the defense and rebounding. The man may not "get it" offensively, but he has keen as a BBIQ when it comes to defense as anyone else before him. Watch Deandre Jordan (3rd in dpoy and 1st in rebounds) when he's healthy and watch Dwight Howard and tell me Howard isn't on a completely different tier. The man knows what he is doing on the defensive end...and he doesn't it damn well when his body is up to the challenge.
    Yeah Howard has such a natural affinity for defense but looks so clueless and robotic on offense(especially on post up situations). Kinda mind boggling actually.

Remember when Kobe supposedly told Dwight he should play a Tyson Chandler role?

Came back early from his back injury, played through a shoulder tear (which I've had surgery myself to repair...my arm was MUCH, MUCH WEAKER before it was repaired) and he has to eat this crow from you pathetic Kobe stans? You support a player who hasn't done shit in about 3 years. A player that managed to send the best available free agent of the offseason away. What do you have to say now? Your team is garbage and will continue to be garbage...you think this tank nightmare is over? Ha. You got a few more years of that. Enjoy it, I know we all will.

Are u a clippers fan?