Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Who says? Who says he is "def the best leaper"?????

I think he is a definate lock for the 1st round. But I am def not hopping on his bandwagon. He doesnt seem special to me.
    I thought he would be lucky to go in the first man?...I"ll be checking the board for your astute opinion.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Bill Walker's a pretty crazy athlete.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Efunk7
    from what i've been reading and what i've seen, alexander may be the best pure athlete in the draft...he is definitely the best athlete at the SF position i think with chase budinger a close second...there are some great athletes in this draft

PG: rose, bayless, westbrook
    SG/SF: alexander, budinger, rush
    PF/C: beasley, arthur, speights, jefferson, jordan
    Sonny Weems is more athletic than Brandon Rush. Any day of the week.

Better player? No. Better athlete? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by d_white089
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIp40WgQXi0

Checkmate.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

according to chad ford from espn,joe alexander has recorded a 44" vertical. i think thats gotta be bogus but he does have some hops. he also said marreese speights has abused him in las vegas workouts. he won't go higher than 11,but he wont drop below 17

Quote Originally Posted by disco
    That dunk was sick.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    That dunk was sick.
    Even though Ewing didn't even start for Georgetown, I think he'll get drafted. He has great basketball IQ and is a great athlete. He also improved his shot quite a lot in the last two seasons. And his name won't probably do him any harm either...

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    according to chad ford from espn,joe alexander has recorded a 44" vertical. i think thats gotta be bogus but he does have some hops. he also said marreese speights has abused him in las vegas workouts. he won't go higher than 11,but he wont drop below 17

That's a lie. Here's the article

Alexander's athleticism is jaw-dropping. He has a huge vertical jump and explodes off the floor. He has a little scar on his forehead just above his eyes where he hit his head on the rim in a dunk contest.

Where his leaping ability is really impressive is on his jump shot. He gets unbelievable elevation on his jumper. His jump shot is really a jump shot. With his huge leaping ability and high release -- it's virtually impossible to block.

Alexander showed excellent range on his jumper, draining NBA 3s with ease and showing a solid ability to shoot off the dribble. He still scissor-kicks a bit when he shoots which can throw him off balance, but as he smoothes out his form, he looks to be a deadly shooter.

People looking at his shaky 3-point shooting percentages in college might disagree with that assessment. He has not been a very accurate 3-point shooter in games.

That held somewhat true in a three-on-three matchup that pitted

Alexander versus Florida's Marreese Speights. Alexander struggled with Speights' height advantage and missed the majority of his shots. However, he warmed up a little at the end and hit a few big shots down the stretch for his team.

Anyway that has nothing to do with his leaping ability

Quote Originally Posted by disco
    Even though Ewing didn't even start for Georgetown, I think he'll get drafted. He has great basketball IQ and is a great athlete. He also improved his shot quite a lot in the last two seasons. And his name won't probably do him any harm either...
    I agree.

Even if he doesn't get drafted, he'll be in camp with someone. He's in a tough position. He's not anywhere near as good as his father was, but he's still a good basketball player and could be NBA-caliber. It sucks because people don't see that most of the time. They just focus on him not being as good as Pat.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Joe Alexander seems like a gerald wallace to me if he really strives hard.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Sonny Weems is more athletic than Brandon Rush. Any day of the week.

Better player? No. Better athlete? Yes.
    good call on weems...i also forgout about giddens...

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    i dont think he has 44" off a straight 2-footed vert, but i think he comes close off of an approach...

from draftexpress:

"Any question about just how freakishly athletic he is vertically were answered as we watched him perform a series of highlight reel caliber dunks as the day of workouts came to a close—360s, off the backboard, windmills, the Vince Carter “honey-dip“/elbow inside the rim, between the legs, taking off from a step inside the free throw line, he visibly wowed each and every one of the players on the sidelines with his antics. Just for good measure, he finished off by jogging lightly towards the basket, jumping off two feet and viciously head-butting the rim, as you can see in the photo. "

Last edited by Efunk7; 05-23-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Alexander is going to be the guy in this draft that goes around 8-16 pick and is the player that all the teams 3 through 7 or so wish they would have taken. He is legit. He has a nice shot, can finish, can post up, can handle, can play D. I could justify taking him as high as 6.