Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: WIZ/HAWKS TRADE: Hinrich,Armstrong for Bibby,Jordan Crawford, and Evans FINALIZED

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I forgot Jordan Crawford was on the Hawks. At first I thought you were referencing Jamal Crawford, and I was like

Still don't see the point of this trade. One over-the-hill PG for another, essentially.
    Mike Bibby has a lower salary figure and the Wizards get an additional pick.

Due to what made the Washington Capitals a success, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis believe you build through the draft in any sport. Don't be shocked if you hear about Andray Blatche also getting moved for draft picks.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: WIZ/HAWKS TRADE: Hinrich,Armstrong for Bibby,Jordan Crawford, and Evans FINALIZED

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I forgot Jordan Crawford was on the Hawks. At first I thought you were referencing Jamal Crawford, and I was like

Still don't see the point of this trade. One over-the-hill PG for another, essentially.
    Hinrich still got it. Been pushing the Lakers to get him for awhile now. Too bad it didn't happen.

Hinrich is better offensively and MUCH better defensively than Bibby. I like this trade hopefully this allows us to hold on to Crawford.

Banned

good trade for Hawks. i don't know much about Wizards. but if they get a good draft pick, it'd even out i guess. if they get a bust, ppl would criticize this deal.

Hinrich is going to be reunited with Jamal Crawford.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Hinrich is going to be reunited with Jamal Crawford.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crs-QT1DERo

This is a good trade really for next year.
    Bibby is slowing down, and next year he'll be a backup. And Teague is not ready to start.
    Hinrich is still in his prime, so he would be an upgrade next season.

I still wish the Hawks had somehow kept Bibby as a backup for Hinrich next season, and found a way to move Marvin Williams to clear out a spot for Hinrich (maybe a third team - Cleveland was interested in the summer).

Hinrich starts now, and he is an upgrade defensively. Then Jamal gets run, and then Teague.

Damian Wilkens now gets more run with Evans gone.

Can Hilton Armstrong prove to be a solid defensive presence for 8-10 minutes per night? He is still young, and the Hawks need a big off the bench who is better than Jason Collins.

Bibby now backs up Wall, unless he is bought out and then takes his talents down to South Beach, who could use his ballhandling, passing and shooting at the point guard position. He would get so many open looks, and while he is slower now, if he is wide open, he is still a clutch shooter. He certainly is an upgrade over Chalmers.

The Real Big 3

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Sick move.

Quote Originally Posted by Harion
    good trade for Hawks. i don't know much about Wizards. but if they get a good draft pick, it'd even out i guess. if they get a bust, ppl would criticize this deal.
    We will have a winning record, so the pick won't be that low. But if a team drafts well, they can always find talent, wherever they pick.

This has been a hell of a deadline.

Many average to big moves.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    This has been a hell of a deadline.

Many average to big moves.

Yep.

Good High School Starter

Atlanta needed the upgrade at PG, because Bibby has really slowed down.
    Wizards didn't need Kirk, because they have Walll. It's a good trade for both teams.

However, getting a starting center should have been more important to the Hawks than upgrading at PG...

Does Marvin Williams for Chris Kaman make too much sense for both those teams?

Clippers trying to get rid of Kaman, and desperately need a starting caliber SF.
    Hawks want to get rid of Marwin, and they really want a starting center to move Al to PF...

I really don't understand why these 2 teams don't go for it...
    Last edited by fefe; 02-24-2011 at 05:52 AM.

I feel that right now, Hawks>Knicks. Not a hater but this trade really makes Hawks that much better

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by marion706
    people are over valuing the hawks players

bibby-sucks slow as hell
    jordan crawford (jc2)-shown potential but is a chucker
    mo evans-
    and a late 1st rd pick -in a weak draft

not that great of a trade!!
    And we traded away pretty much nothing of importance to get these guys.

Good trade for both teams