Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    So how long do you guys think his suspension is going to be?
    Ever

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Holy ****, I just read an article which said there is a possibility for the Wiz to void Arenas contract.
    I hope this happens. He has disappointed all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Ever
    So this is basically like Chris Andersen's suspension?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

PRobably the rest of the season. As bad as the meeting might have been, Stern did actually meet with Arenas, which means he's not getting kicked out of the league. If Stern was just going to take an axe to his contract, why bother meeting?

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    At what point did Michael Vick realize that he was in deep sh!t, and realize that losing it all was possible?

Arenas has not gotten there yet.
    Some people learn the hard way. remember that famous song from the band 'Queen'? Easy come easy go, little high little low.

I won't feel sorry for Arenas. Not because I think he is a sinner, but because for some reason I feel basketball is not THAT important to him and he has way more money than most people do even if he will lose some of his contract money over this. And really, besides basketball games and money... this isn't about anything else from Arenas' point of view. He was stupid and now he is going to pay the price.

So be it, Jedi as the Emperor in Star Wars told Luke Skywalker. So be it, Gilbert. Said Stern.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    1) Someone could have taken the gun from his locker. Or stole it. It's guns lying in a locker.
    2) Gilbert, who is insane, could have decided to go get bullets when one of his teammates pissed him off.
    3) Teammate pissed at other person could have threated with gun.
    4) Teammate could have brought his own gun in loaded when Arenas threatened him with a gun.
    Sexual harassment can't lead to jail time?

Supposedly, the locker was locked. Everything else you said could have happened whether guns were there or not. Also, both of us have NO idea who was threatened. Hell, we don't know if it happened at all.

BTW...I'm not from the suburbs. Gun play is nothing new to me. I agree with you that concealed pistols in public is never a good idea, though. Dude is a clown. That being said, if I were him (or any famous celebrity/athlete), I'd have a gun, too. 4? IDK about that...

Wow, **** you David Stern!

This is well deserved.

If any normal person brought four unloaded guns to work, and even in a joke put one on a co-worker's desk... we'd be sitting in jail, and would be headed to the unemployment office once we got out.

From a legal site
    "Depending on what facts are discovered in other interviews with possible witnesses to the Dec. 21 locker room confrontation between Arenas and previously obscure guard Javaris Crittenton, the official said one likely outcome would be the following: Arenas, 27, would be permitted to plead guilty to charges of carrying a pistol without a license, a felony that carries a maximum of five years in prison. Such a charge would require a grand jury indictment, which could be acquired quickly since five grand juries are seated at any given time in the District. Any other charges -- which could include misdemeanor counts for possession of unregistered firearms, carrying maximum jail time of six months for each count -- would be dismissed. In exchange for Arenas' cooperation and guilty plea, the prosecutor would ask for no jail time."

"Given his prior offense, however, a judge might consider jail time in this case," one of the law enforcement officials said. "It all depends on which judge he draws." Arenas pleaded guilty to charges of failing to maintain proper registration of a firearm in California in 2003 while playing for the Golden State Warriors."

So it has potential of 5 to 6 years with a hardass judge (and he already has embarassed the city, etc.) or nothing IF he gets lucky and they ignore a prior charge also related to guns.

This is serious. If some of you don't think it's a big deal, your opinion is noted, but when a situation outside your control now threatens to put you in jail, it is probably serious.

He is gone for the season for certain, but the real question is whether or not he stays out of prison.

Plaxico was going to prison the second the story got out. New York's laws left no doubt about that. Does anyone have any knowledge about the laws in DC, and what is going to happen?

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

So this is basically like Chris Andersen's suspension?
    Possibly, but I would bet the farm on him coming back in any capacity.

Dude did the ultimate no-no.

People in here defending him have no concept of consequences.

Arenas is going to see jail time and will lose all of the remainder of his contract, bank on that.

This is D.C. and the owner of the team (RIP) changed the name of the team from the Bullets to the Wizrds, just to get away from the gunplay perception.

The guns weren't registered and they were placed in his locker which is in direct violation of his contract and the collective bargaining agreement. The front office isn't standing by him and the PA would be fools to go near him.

He has acted like a classless jerk about the seriousness of the situation and doesn't deserve to benefit from this.

Saw a basketball once

Probably a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    yes, i would. i more than likely would have charges brought against me too. my friend is in sanitation. it says IN the city contracts no weapons at work. you'd be fired for a threatening looking knife.
    A threatening looking knife? Huh?

If you really think that he will be hit with 3 felonies, then I guess we will have to wait and see. It's going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Sexual harassment can't lead to jail time?

Supposedly, the locker was locked. Everything else you said could have happened whether guns were there or not. Also, both of us have NO idea who was threatened. Hell, we don't know if it happened at all.

BTW...I'm not from the suburbs. Gun play is nothing new to me. I agree with you that concealed pistols in public is never a good idea, though. Dude is a clown. That being said, if I were him (or any famous celebrity/athlete), I'd have a gun, too. 4? IDK about that...
    i have HAD a gun before. With a permit. and IN THE HOUSE. You keep it in the house because you can't bring it outside. if someone said "im going to kill your wife" then i'd take it outside the house to protect her. (If you want to know why i don't have it anymore, the laws changed, you need a range permit now, and i can't afford that reasonably, plus we live in a much safer neighborhood)

And Arena - He took it to work! For no reason. And then he showed it to a teammate, which to be honest sounds either stupid or like he was trying to be intimidating. And this is a guy who could afford bodyguards. Chauffers. BRINGING THE WHOLE ****ING CLUB TO HIS HOUSE if he wanted.

And Sexual harrasment very rarely leads to jail time. I've seen people not even get fired for bull**** that i think they should have been dragged outside and beaten for and then fired.

when i say more serious i mean legally, not morally.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    A threatening looking knife? Huh?

If you really think that he will be hit with 3 felonies, then I guess we will have to wait and see. It's going to be interesting.
    He's going to get indicted on 1 case of illegal possesion for each gun, and all are felonies. he can plead down, but the indictment will be a few felonies - that's what he is accused of/