Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: Things Kobe-haters say

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    If you give a guy that many free throws I'll show you a guy who can average 30 a game and miss 3/4 of his clutch shots.
    kobe avgs 7.6 FTs a game, a whooping 4.3 more attempts than J Rich.
    a 70% FT shooter shooting 4.3 FTs will get 3 points from it.

So that makes J Rich's career ppg 17.5+3 = 20.5 ppg. Still doesn't come close to 25.4 ppg.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    ^ this guy is proving the OP's point.
    But I'm right. If Jason Richardson had a season with 819 free throws he would average close to what Kobe does. It is a simple formula. You just multiply what ever Jason Richardson's made free throws is and times it by 2. That is sort of bare minimum. like 05-06 he would have averaged 27 a game. If he took 820 free throws and only made 552. Also being a superstar just makes it easier to score. There is a whole other list of benefits that come with it. like defenders being afraid to guard you because they will foul out.

But I'm right. If Jason Richardson had a season with 819 free throws he would average close to what Kobe does. It is a simple formula. You just multiply what ever Jason Richardson's made free throws is and times it by 2. That is sort of bare minimum. like 05-06 he would have averaged 27 a game. If he took 820 free throws and only made 552.

So that makes J Rich's career ppg 17.5+3 = 20.5 ppg. Still doesn't come close to 25.4 ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst

It's pretty close. I mean if J-Rich was also a superstar on LA he would be entitled to take more shots to. That is the argument right? If JRich was a ball hog super star getting free throws all the time. He could probably average 25 for a career. He would just have to take 2,200 shots a game to do it.

It's pretty close. I mean if J-Rich was also a superstar on LA he would be entitled to take more shots to. That is the argument right? If JRich was a ball hog super star getting free throws all the time. He could probably average 25 for a career. He would just have to take 2,200 shots a game to do it.

so would every other 44%+ shooter by your logic... I guess all shooters with the same fg% are the same if they were 1st option on a team by your logic...

so would every other 44%+ shooter by your logic... I guess all shooters with the same fg% are the same if they were 1st option on a team by your logic...
    Yes. But I don't see why you think Kobe is special. Because he was the chosen one the prodigy? The one the NBA wanted to mirror Jordan to revitalize the NBA? The guy the NBA created? He is just an average player but he plays for the Lakers and is a superstar.

Yes. But I don't see why you think Kobe is special. Because he was the chosen one the prodigy? The one the NBA wanted to mirror Jordan to revitalize the NBA? The guy the NBA created? He is just an average player but he plays for the Lakers and is a superstar.
    Are you really this stupid?

Chosen one? Doesn't LeBron have that tattooed on his back?
    So you must give Harold Minor, Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, Vince Carter, T-Mac sh*t as well right? Because they all have been compared at one time or been labeled the next Jordan.

The NBA and media went as far as calling Harold Minor Baby Jordan for a while.

Calling Kobe an average player is like calling you a great poster and contributor to ISH. Now sit down son.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Are you really this stupid?
    I guess so because I really believe the NBA sets up these story lines and they know who they want to be successful.

I guess so because I really believe the NBA sets up these story lines and they know who they want to be successful.
    See my post above...

Did all those players play for LA? Did they all win titles and have great careers?

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    See my post above...

Did all those players play for LA? Did they all win titles and have great careers?
    I don't recall any of them playing for LA at any point in their careers. LA's market and basketball heritage is why a superstar will thrive on the team. LA will always be a relevant force in the NBA. Because the NBA wants it to be.

I don't recall any of them playing for LA at any point in their careers. LA's market and basketball heritage is why a superstar will thrive on the team. LA will always be a relevant force in the NBA. Because the NBA wants it to be.
    you aren't getting the point...

Really did Van Axel, Eddie Jones, Vlade Divac, or Cedric Ceballos get that treatment in LA from the NBA?

you aren't getting the point...
    What is the point? Vince Carter sucks because he was on the Nets? the ****ing Nets? You really think he wouldn't be thought of differently had he been a Laker? If Grant Hill hadn't of gotten hurt he would've been a sick Laker. There is no point here. Most of those guys in their prime would win titles on LA if given that role.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Really did Van Axel, Eddie Jones, Vlade Divac, or Cedric Ceballos get that treatment in LA from the NBA?
    No but they weren't chosen ones. Like that list you pointed out. Kobe was a chosen one. And while Vince Carter was a chosen one he played for the Nets. his success for the Nets wouldn't be that great for the NBA. Kobe is a chosen one of the elite. And he got drafted straight to LA. One of the biggest money markets in the NBA and rich with cultural heritage. And story lines. Wtf did the Nets have going for them?