Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Re: AI for Billups?

Detroit would be dumb for even considering this. Detroit doesn't need another gunner, Iverson may be a better scorer but Billups is better in almost every other category, and Stuckey is more of an Iverson than a Billups.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Umm no he won't. If thats the case, then he would probably be the starting PG over Anthony Carter.
    Trust me, if you have followed nuggets fans at all, that is the first thing we would all do if we had control.

Detroits management/coaching is far superior to Denver's. AI would start at PG in detroit.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

what a crazy deal...some nugget fans like it, some hate it. some piston fans like it, some hate it.

amongst other fans some think its great for denver, bad for detroit and some think its great for detroit and bad for denver.

never seen a trade idea with such split opinions from everyone.

Get It Done!!!!!!!!!!!1

College superstar

ESPN's ticker is saying this trade is "expected" to happen. Devastating for Detroit if true. Great experiment for moneyballers.

According to the radio, it's now a done deal.

I'm a little confused about a Rip/AI backcourt, but I like it. Chauncey disappears too much in the playoffs. He usually plays great for one out of every four series. AI always brings it. I like the trade, although losing Antonio could hurt. More trading could help bring back a better PF/C to pair with Sheed.

I wouldn't mind a starting backcourt of Afflalo AI. Afflalo's defense is nice, and his shooting has really improved. So who could the Pistons get for some combo of Rip and Maxiell/Brown/Johnson?

I'm just happy the same old crap won't be on the court anymore. AI will bring something the Pistons were lacking...passion.

I rule the local playground kobelamarjackson's Avatar

Default Stephen A Smith Reports Iverson/Billups Trade Will Be Official Within The Hour

stephen a was just on espn reporting that the trade is close to being official and he expects it to be done within the hour. the trade is iverson for billups and mcdyess. it's pretty much a done deal.

Default Re: Stephen A Smith Reports Iverson/Billups Trade Will Be Official Within The Hour

That would be a great deal for Denver. A backcourt of Billups/Smith looks pretty good.

Default Re: Stephen A Smith Reports Iverson/Billups Trade Will Be Official Within The Hour

wow, i actually like it for both sides. denver needs a good passing pg

WHOA.

According to the radio, neither player is at practice/shootaround today. Looks like it's happening.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

why would detroit do this????

east just got a lot weaker again.

Wow. I just can't believe they traded Chauncey AND McDyess for AI.

Risky risky risky move.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    why would detroit do this????

because the pistons aren't going anywhere and at best, will go out in the ECF again?

Now dont get me wrong, Iverson on that team wont make them a contender, in fact they may take a step back...but at least its a change...the Pistons have had the same core basically that disappointed for four straight seasons...

but to be honest, I think Nuggets will improve more than Detroit will improve...and I lvoe AI. But the only team AI can actually go to and make better would be trash teams like OKC or bobcats, any other team with a bunch of talent already, AI going there does nothing.