Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Turns out McHale is actually a good coach?

General consensus has been that the guy is shit. But look at the Rockets now, 3rd seed, no Dwight for a long ass time, and they're still running like a well-oiled machine. Good production from guys like Motiejunas, Smoove, Ariza, and Jones, who I don't think would necessarily be producing this well without good coaching.

Harden is a beast no doubt but this team wouldn't be shit if "mcFail" was really as bad as people say he is. 3rd seed in one of the the toughest Western Conferences of all time is no joke. Don't bet me wrong, I'm glad we have Kerr and not McHale but... is this guy the most underappreciated coach out there right now?

Default Re: Turns out McHale is actually a good coach?

Or in other words Harden is a beast.

Never really understood why he got so much hate. I mean, he's not Pop but Rockets fans act like he's the biggest shithead ever. Scott Brooks is far worse imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Never really understood why he got so much hate. I mean, he's not Pop but Rockets fans act like he's the biggest shithead ever. Scott Brooks is far worse imo.
    This. Don't see why people hate him.

He's just not a good coach at this moment. But he is such a good dude, Morey probably doesn't have the heart to fire him. Plus he had some difficulties in his personal life with his young daughter passing away, that was freaking terrible. Can't fire a guy after that. Sad story but I'm rooting for Coach McHale to prove me and the rest of the Houston faithful wrong. He can improve but he's gotta put in the time and effort

He gets hate because he doesnt really do anything special coaching wise. Isolate, chuck threes, post up, chuck some threes.

What makes him a good coach?

cool guy

Harden makes him look way better than he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee O Gee
    Harden makes him look way better than he really is.
    5 game winning streak, Harden is shooting 39% from the floor, 33% from deep.

Harden has been playing excellent, but the Rockets owe their season to the second unit that has gelled masterfully when nobody said they would.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    He gets hate because he doesnt really do anything special coaching wise. Isolate, chuck threes, post up, chuck some threes.

What makes him a good coach?

They're 3rd seed in the West you can't be serious. You don't get there unless your team AND your coach is good. Coaching is a thankless job unless you're Pop... If you have a superstar they're going to get all the credit. But a bad coach will ruin a team. Coaching is one of those "if you're doing it right no one will know you're doing it at all" deals.

At the end of the day Anthony Davis is more of a beast than Harden but the Pelicans don't have good coaching. And people called the Rockets done when Dwight went out... the fact they are this good with their best defensive player and best/second best overall player is COACHING.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 03-02-2015 at 03:53 PM.

NBA lottery pick

LeBron just choked.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    They're 3rd seed in the West you can't be serious. Coaching is a thankless job unless you're Pop... If you have a superstar they're going to get all the credit. But a bad coach will ruin a team. Coaching is one of those "if you're doing it right no one will know you're doing it at all" deals.
    Not really, I look at the small things you do on the floor as a coach.

What exactly does Kevin Mchale do that any coach playing for morey wouldnt? Great defensive schemes? Great offense?

I mean yeah, if you count things like motivational speaking. You cant replace that all the time.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    No he isn't. When the Thunder win, it's only because of Durant and Westbrook! and whenever they lose it's all Brooks fault! Stupid ass fans.

Scott Brooks is better than Mchale. Except, the one problem with Brooks is that he is far too stubborn with player rotations. Also, he also seems to take Durant and Westbrooks click into opinion on who he chooses to play. Although that may just be OKC beat writers making up stories.
    Last edited by navy; 03-02-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Harden, defense thanks to T.R. Dunn and Ariza, and the second unit are the reason for their success. McHale does not do much which is why Morey and Les like him. Morey controls the style of play and McHale follows orders.

doesn't he have a winning coaching record in Minny of all places