Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Bioshock Infinite

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Good point, I died almost every time trying to run and gun, probably misused vigors. Even tho, its definitely fun going all blast with shotgun, as it was my second gun for the most of the time.

Im currently thinking about getting first 2 bioshock's cause I never played them. This one impressed me a lot.
    What did you get Infinite on? PC? If you got it on a console... did everyone get Bioshock too with the game or was that just pre-order?

Regardless, you can skip on Bioshock 2. The first one is another top-10 classic.

I'm taking my time with this game. Havent even got very far. I think there is a mission where Elizabeth tosses u a sniper rifle and you got to take out some guys. Took them out and got a lil further then saved. I've been exploring damn near everything and looting. Hate rushing thru a game like this and not uncovering things. Love the shotgun even with the low ammo. Not sure if I should try the Carbine as well. What you fellas think? Game is more difficult than past Bioshocks thats for sure. By difficult I dont mean dying alot and restarting. But the gun battles, turretts do work on you. If you dont take cover and be careful you can die.

The scenery is amazing. Find myself just checking that shyt out. Like when you had to break out Elizabeth and run along side the statue outside? I'm looking like wow, I should jump off this shyt.

Got suspended from my madden league so I'll have more time to dive into this.

Anyone getting or bought the season pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    What did you get Infinite on? PC? If you got it on a console... did everyone get Bioshock too with the game or was that just pre-order?

Regardless, you can skip on Bioshock 2. The first one is another top-10 classic.

Bioshock 2 wasn't bad, imo it's action gameplay was better. But it certainly did not have the wow factor or plot of the original Bioshock.

NBA Superstar

I just finished Bioshock Infinite and was very surprised and pleased with how much I enjoyed it. I always thought the series would be a little too sci-fi for me but I was totally hooked with this one. I haven't played the original though. Do you guys think it's possible to go from Infinite back to the first one (which I never played) and still have an enjoyable experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I just finished Bioshock Infinite and was very surprised and pleased with how much I enjoyed it. I always thought the series would be a little too sci-fi for me but I was totally hooked with this one. I haven't played the original though. Do you guys think it's possible to go from Infinite back to the first one (which I never played) and still have an enjoyable experience?
    Yes. Infinite doesn't ruin much about the original Bioshock storywise. There's no skyline obviously, but you still get guns and super powers. Only thing I didn't like was the hacking minigame, which gets really annoying.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Charge vigor is the best vigor. Full upgrade = Hardest difficulty becomes extremely easy.

NBA Superstar

Maybe a stupid question, but after defeating the game, how do you guys tend to go about earning achievements? For instance, I think I found something like 67/80 voxophones. Do you guys just start over and look closer?

Also, is money all re-gainable? As in, if I scoured the second level my first time around and found every piece of money, will it all return when I beat the game and come back to that level again?

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Yes. Infinite doesn't ruin much about the original Bioshock storywise. There's no skyline obviously, but you still get guns and super powers. Only thing I didn't like was the hacking minigame, which gets really annoying.
    Nice. Good stuff. Thank you. I've been reading up a little on the first Bioshock and as I've become more comfortable with the style of this series, I'm actually pretty anxious to give that one a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Oh, and sniper riffle is the best weapon. Hands down. Especially on PC where you can easily always aim for the head in a milliseconds.

Overall really memorable game, will try Tomb Raider later.
    I went through the game my first time mostly using Golden Eye logic, meaning I cherished the rocket launcher and kept it on me at all times, then usually had a machine gun or shotgun as my primary weapon.

However, after reading your comment, I'm now going back through the game and giving the sniper rifle another shot. The first time through I only used it for the necessary sniping of snipers and assumed it wouldn't help me much elsewise (Perfect Dark multiplayer logic). But man, after going out of my way to use it now, it's actually a lot of fun. Satisfying to stay out of range of non-sniping targets then completing head shots, something I struggled to do using other weapons.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 04-11-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Yeah you can go back and play Bioshock. Infinite so far doesnt have much to do with the first Bioshock. I actually might play Bioshock again as I missed the one achievement of beating it on the hardest difficulty without using Vita Chambers. If you're an achievement hound like myself and you do play Bioshock? The very first board before you go into the machine? Make sure you get the 1st recorder. If you miss this? You cant go back to this level and get it. you'd have to do the entire game all over to get all 100. The starting level is the only level in Bioshock you cant go back to for obvious reasons. Not much of a spoiler but I figured I'd save you the time of playing thru it again. I did and had no problem.

The story, the enviroment is night and day when you play it. That game is amazing.

As far as collectibles in this game and Bioshock 1 and 2? I used youtube helper guides. Just ran thru each level and searched for them. Some I already had but again it wasnt that time consuming for me honestly. I also was able to loot extra stuff I overlooked, unlock safes etc etc

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah you can go back and play Bioshock. Infinite so far doesnt have much to do with the first Bioshock. I actually might play Bioshock again as I missed the one achievement of beating it on the hardest difficulty without using Vita Chambers. If you're an achievement hound like myself and you do play Bioshock? The very first board before you go into the machine? Make sure you get the 1st recorder. If you miss this? You cant go back to this level and get it. you'd have to do the entire game all over to get all 100. The starting level is the only level in Bioshock you cant go back to for obvious reasons. Not much of a spoiler but I figured I'd save you the time of playing thru it again. I did and had no problem.

The story, the enviroment is night and day when you play it. That game is amazing.

As far as collectibles in this game and Bioshock 1 and 2? I used youtube helper guides. Just ran thru each level and searched for them. Some I already had but again it wasnt that time consuming for me honestly. I also was able to loot extra stuff I overlooked, unlock safes etc etc
    Appreciate the advice. Hate when I accidentally overlook something in a game only to not be able to go back and get it later, so thanks for that heads up too, because I think I'll be hitting up the original Bioshock next.

Glad to hear that, because I'm not into the sci-fi type games at all. Hell, outside of COD, GTA, and RDR I don't really get into non-sports games period. But after seeing the trailer and doing some reading on this one, I've talked myself into getting it. I'm just waiting for the end of the semester because I'm swamped with papers, finals, etc. in the next month or so.

I do have a question, though. Is this a game where I'm going to be lost if I didn't play any of the other games in the series?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I do have a question, though. Is this a game where I'm going to be lost if I didn't play any of the other games in the series?
    You won't be lost at all but there are little references and homages to the original Bioshock that you will not appreciate as much unless you played it. So if you can, play the original but it's definitely not necessary.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Glad to hear that, because I'm not into the sci-fi type games at all. Hell, outside of COD, GTA, and RDR I don't really get into non-sports games period. But after seeing the trailer and doing some reading on this one, I've talked myself into getting it. I'm just waiting for the end of the semester because I'm swamped with papers, finals, etc. in the next month or so.

Like Qwyjibo said, it's definitely not necessary to play the previous games. This was my first Bioshock and everything still played out wonderfully. I will say, it might help to come into things with an open mind. I made myself buy into things from the get-go, and that made the experience that much more enjoyable (as opposed to being pessimistic and insisting the game "wow" me).

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

If you haven't played the previous Bioshock then you will miss a little bit of nuance in the game. You don't need it, but it makes you appreciate what they were attempting to do on a bit of a deeper level that... I can't explain here without spoiling.

Have any of you guys been keeping up with all the pseudo-intellectual scrutiny this game has been under?

http://sexyvideogameland.blogspot.nl...-time.html?m=1

http://superopinionated.com/2013/04/...finite-review/ (warning, severe case of the white guilt)

http://www.abc.net.au/arts/stories/s3733057.htm

These salty idiots are hilarious to me.

Like Qwyjibo said, it's definitely not necessary to play the previous games. This was my first Bioshock and everything still played out wonderfully. I will say, it might help to come into things with an open mind. I made myself buy into things from the get-go, and that made the experience that much more enjoyable (as opposed to being pessimistic and insisting the game "wow" me).
    Well, I'm going to have more free time on my hands this summer than usual, so I may just buy both Bioshock games and play them.