Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Blazers score basket against Celtics using six players on the court

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Thats because you were wearing green colored glasses. The entire 2nd half the Blazers got raped on calls. Actually, the entire game was called terribly both ways.
    Ah. Ok. Whatever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    "Morale Breaker?" It pissed the Cs off but didn't break the team's spirit, Garnett, Pierce, etc. were still playing hard and focused. They just lost. What really killed the team was getting beat on the boards, which was happening both before and after 6 on 5.
    Don't get me wrong. I was for the Celtics in that game, but you can't argue that debating a call like that and eventually having the outcome work in the other teams favor doesn't have some psychological effect. Throw that into the mix with a crowd chanting "Boston Sucks" and you're likely to get frustrated when things aren't going your way. Garnett, more than a lot of players, has difficulty letting things slide off his back and that isn't a criticism. In my opinion it was one of his most admirable traits when he was with the TWolves.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    All of those are judgment calls. The 6 v 5 is a procedural call. Big difference.
    No, whether or not Pierce takes four steps is a factual matter. Whether or not Bayless took three steps is a factual matter. Whether or not Tony Allen was in the act of shooting is a factual matter.

I mention a simple fact and you get upset. A bit touchy, it seems. I'm not even making a big deal over it. Whatever though.
    Oh, how clever. ****ing rich. Yeah, all that's been posted by Boston fans for the last 12 hours is how a two point swing cost them a five point game because as Doc said "it got inside their heads". And I'm the one that's a bit touchy.

I'm not touchy, I'm fed up with the bull**** arrogance that Boston fans are posting here, as if they're Garrnett himself. As if they take the winning shot from the 200 level. As if they don't get the most bull**** favorable referreeing I've seen since I've been following the NBA (18 years). I'm fed up with the self-centered idiocracy of Boston fans.

(And in this way I guess not that much of it has to do with you RMWG.)

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    No, whether or not Pierce takes four steps is a factual matter. Whether or not Bayless took three steps is a factual matter. Whether or not Tony Allen was in the act of shooting is a factual matter.

Oh, how clever. ****ing rich. Yeah, all that's been posted by Boston fans for the last 12 hours is how a two point swing cost them a five point game because as Doc said "it got inside their heads". And I'm the one that's a bit touchy.

I'm not touchy, I'm fed up with the bull**** arrogance that Boston fans are posting here, as if they're Garrnett himself. As if they take the winning shot from the 200 level. As if they don't get the most bull**** favorable referreeing I've seen since I've been following the NBA (18 years). I'm fed up with the self-centered idiocracy of Boston fans.

(And in this way I guess not that much of it has to do with you RMWG.)
    wait so you think that those "factual" judgement call errors are nearly as bad as allowing 6 v 5 basketball about which KG and the whole godd*mn bench was shouting well before the basket went in?

i saw the highlight on espn.. i tell you if i were KG or something, i would have gotten a technical straight up... if you look at it, you question what kind of technicality is that they have 6 players but the basket still count?? that conversation shouldnt get passed that... what is that a loop hole?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I just saw the replay on ESPN and the ONLY question I have to the league is this :

Will the league review to see how many ref's were on the floor that can't count to 5 ?

If the league is handing out fines , I would really like to hear what they do to the ref's that were officiating the game that night.
    As soon as I saw the replay it was quite obvious 6 white jersey's were on the floor.

My vote for Rook of year - Oden

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2459788

National High School Star

If you walk around in the sidelines, sneak under the basket and get an alley-oop, then get called for tech, will they still do the same thing? since you got the dunk 1st b4 being called for the tech

And yeah the nba is getting uglier and uglier. Superstar calls is ruining it. Lebron gets it, kobe gets it, wade gets it, paul gets it and many others. But Boston has the big 3 that gets it and even Rondo is starting to get the "respect" of the refs. Which gives a single game a ton of ugly calls.

Why do it so much. They are superstars and already good on their own, Magnigying and making them look even good on paper just makes them look bad for unbias casual fans

Wait was this perfectly done on purpose by McMillan?
    Also.. if this happened last last quarter at the Garden you get chaos.

College star

Default Re: The NBA of 2009: 6 on 5!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekman
    don't watch it then, celtics suck anyways

Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks,

Yah Portland Fans rule

nashisbest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

sh*t happens all the time... it's not as if this will affect the C's seeding. relax

this reminds me of the game where lebron held on to the rim for 3-4 secs after a dunk. anyone else would have been hit with a T