Russell Westbrook
    Kevin Durant
    Jeff Green
    Blake Griffin
    Tyson Chandler

Pipe dream for OKC fans but damn it MIGHT come true

Default Re: Hornets Trade Tyson Chandler to Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    But the notion that its going to make CP3 leave town is laughable.
    I didn't say it would make Paul leave. I said I hope he leaves that team now that they have gone this direction. I would like him to play where he doesn't have to carry a D-League team on his back every year and waste his prime.

His defense will be missed. But his D this season was really poor. He was either in foul trouble or doing everything he could to avoid it.
    Once again: I don't care what he did during the season, because that wasn't the issue. I don't like missing him because of what he could bring against specific teams with specific players in the playoffs that Wilcox and Smith clearly won't/can't.

The Posey move has not worked out well as of yet. The Hornets have to overpay FA'S to come here. Peja, Posey.
    The Posey move was clearly for the playoffs, where a player like him shows his true worth. I don't think he was brought in to make a huge impact in the first half of the year. I would have liked them to at least give it one more try before switching up what they were trying to do. Think about it: the very first playoff appearance for Paul, and they get within a game of the WCF. Doesn't that deserve one more year before doing this deal?

Yes there's no real 5 on the team. BIG problem. I dont like the move. But at the end of the day with almost 20 missed games from Chandler were only 3 and a half games back in the division. Im praying that we can move Mo Petes contract but I doubt it.
    Again, my issue wasn't trading TC, but the end result of a deal that included him. It was a total abandonment of their direction. That's what bothers me. They went from trying to win the next year or two to trying to rebuild on-the-fly.
    Last edited by Showtime; 02-18-2009 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Russell Westbrook
    Kevin Durant
    Jeff Green
    Blake Griffin
    Tyson Chandler

Durant back at SG would suck. I think the Thunder will pick a SG, and try to play Green at PF or simply trade him.

I usually hit open layups the.powerhouse's Avatar

The Thunder do realise that Chris Paul isn

Good High School Starter Buffalobraves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhenk
    Durant back at SG would suck. I think the Thunder will pick a SG, and try to play Green at PF or simply trade him.
    I don't think we would trade Green just yet. He does need to put on a few pounds to be a legit PF though.

[QUOTE=the.powerhouse]The Thunder do realise that Chris Paul isn

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Russell Westbrook
    Kevin Durant
    Jeff Green
    Blake Griffin
    Tyson Chandler

I always see people putting Durant at SG...Does he not play alot better at the SF position?.

It seems to me I'd make more sense if the OKC could get Griffin to trade Green away for some kind of SG prospect or a legit SG.

Westbrook
    Prospect SG\Legit SG
    Durant
    Griffin
    Chandler

That's just my take tho.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I always see people putting Durant at SG...Does he not play alot better at the SF position?.

It seems to me I'd make more sense if the OKC could get Griffin to trade Green away for some kind of SG prospect or a legit SG.

Westbrook
    Prospect SG\Legit SG
    Durant
    Griffin
    Chandler

That's just my take tho.
    Yeah his numbers are a lot better at SF. I don't think they need to trade Green, he is playing very well. He was in the shadow of Durants 47 with 24 points and 7 rebounds. The Thunder already have a good prospect in Weaver at SG but I think they will draft Harden too, that seems like a solid SG rotation to me.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
    Yeah his numbers are a lot better at SF. I don't think they need to trade Green, he is playing very well. He was in the shadow of Durants 47 with 24 points and 7 rebounds. The Thunder already have a good prospect in Weaver at SG but I think they will draft Harden too, that seems like a solid SG rotation to me.

That makes more sense I guess. The chances of OKC actually landing Griffin are slim but if they actually did I don't see why they wouldn't move Green for a legit SG or maybe just have him come off the bench as the 6th man.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    That makes more sense I guess. The chances of OKC actually landing Griffin are slim but if they actually did I don't see why they wouldn't move Green for a legit SG or maybe just have him come off the bench as the 6th man.
    Yeah thats what I hope happens. If we get Griffin I think we can make the playoffs for sure, even if we don't we still have a chance.

I usually hit open layups the.powerhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
    Agreed, Green has a lot of talent, and could turn into a solid player one day. Might even make a few allstar selections if he works hard and the Thunder become playoff regulars!

Quote Originally Posted by mswank
    the hornets won't be that much worse really. oklahoma won't be much better. im kind of on board on this for the hornets, they save cash and theyre not losing a superstar. oklahoma is taking a big salary from a completely overrated dude that had a good year or two because of chris paul. sam presti seems like a smart gm, i'm sure he has a plan...but chandler isnt the same sort of player without cp3.

well said sir, well said.
    people are freaking out for no reason.

LOL, I bet Tyson dogged the physical to cancel the trade

Breaking News: Thunder Rescind Chandler Trade

Feb 18, 2009 10:53 PM EST
    The Hornets and Thunder agreed to a trade that sent Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City in exchange for Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and DeVon Hardin.

One day later, the four players will be going back to their original teams.

Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti announced in a press release on Wednesday evening that the team has rescinded its trade with the Hornets for Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    LOL, I bet Tyson dogged the physical to cancel the trade
    lol!

or all of his foot/ankle issues.

Awesome news! Now the Thunder can buy out Smith, and he can sign with the Celtics!