Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jackson Traded to the Bobcats!

The Bobcats are really a team in search of a superstar. When you look at their roster after the addition of SJax, you see a team that is only missing a straw to stir their drink.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    fixed
    What did you fix?

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    What did you fix?
    here to hear.......like u said

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was supposed to be Bell and Mohammed to NYK for Curry. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

STOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here to hear.......like u said
    Oh, I thought you fixed something in my post. Sorry. I am not trying to be the grammar police, but I have been messing up so much in my essays so I thought that I could reinforce good habits while writing anything else.

Great trade by GSW to not take back long term contracts and get semi-productive players.

However, just what GSW needs....more guards and forwards.....

Be patient bagelred. That Curry contract becomes more and more valuable by the day. After you get LeBron, you may be able to use it to get someone like Michael Redd to be LeBron's sidekick.

If Larry could handle AI he'll have no problem with SJax. I'm ecstatic. Any offensive shot in the arm I'll take right now. And of course LB and MJ are not through. Definitely another big trade will come down before the deadline.

Tonights game in Orlando is gonna be hard to watch. Do we start Flip at the 2?

I'm signed up to email updates for the Bobcats and literally jumped out my seat when the email just came through now with the trade headline!

Really looking forward to seeing how this one works out!

Welcome to Charlotte Cap'n Jack!

I get the feeling that this is step one in GS plans. I believe another trade is coming right behind this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer

I'm signed up to email updates for the Bobcats and literally jumped out my seat when the email just came through now with the trade headline!

Really looking forward to seeing how this one works out!

Welcome to Charlotte Cap'n Jack!
    Cap'n Jack Nutjob! I am ready for the epic fight between Brown and Jackson. Should be well worth the price of admission.

I get the feeling that this is step one in GS plans. I believe another trade is coming right behind this one.
    I believe so as well.

It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

Like a few things about this:

Don Nelson will eventually look even worse than he already does for breaking up an exciting team over the past few years.

When Cleveland is getting beat in the playoffs, everyone is choking but LeBron, and the entire state of Ohio remembers they could have had another scorer...

management can say, "yeah, but we would have lost Big Z!"

(then ISH will get to fight about the real value of a big guy that plays small ball)

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was supposed to be Bell and Mohammed to NYK for Curry. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

STOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hold your horses, curry slimmed down, let him play a few games get his trade value up a bit and then deal him

Does everyone in here really think that this was a good trade for the Bobcats? It definitely makes them better, but realistically they are still clearly a lottery team only now they will win more games and get (another) ****ty pick in the low teens.

The trade also takes away all of the cap flexibility that Charlotte had been accumulating (especially evident in the Okefor for Chandler trade) for 2011 and possibly 2012. Now the Bobcats will not have enough money to get any sort legit free agent after next year like they were in position to do before the trade.

This is all without mentioning that S Jax is probably not happy to be on the Bobcats now, who are far from the contender that he was looking to join, and the Bobcat's offense is the slowest in the league, a far cry from the Warrior's fast break that Jackson thrived in last year. His stats will drop and I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a fit at some point and caused some trouble.

So, basically this trade locks the Bobcats into lottery mediocrity without sinking far enough to get a stud in the early lottery, takes away all of their cap flexibility, and gives them a shaky 2nd option who is probably really mad at where he is right now.