Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: God iz real.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Default Re: God iz real.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    religion is for the brainwashed.
    This. Belief itself isn't though. I'm cool with people believing there's "something greater", call it god or whatever, out there. Don't agree with them, but if they keep it kinda private, it's alright. If on the other hand groups of people gather together for ancient magical rituals and literally think they're constantly talking to a supernatural being who also responds to them...sounds like a socially acceptable form of mental illness to me.
    I even get why people like at least more modern interpretations of the Jesus myth, it's a beautiful story if theologians spin and twist the less smart things written in the bible a bit. It resonates even with me as a non believer, as it touches basic instincts and feelings most people have, whether religious or not.
    But acting like you talk to magical bearded dude in the sky two times a day, and he actually gives a f*ck? Don't get it. Had to do it till I was old enough to decide it's not for me, and in retrospect I almost have to laugh at myself. But I was a kid, so what can you do...
    Last edited by dr.hee; 09-13-2013 at 06:29 AM.

OP proves the existence of god. Why else would something as stupid as him exist? Natural selection? That perfect a storm of stupidity? Impossible.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    I've narrowed it down to a few candidates...
    You missed one.

How Great Is Our God - Kobe Bryant

5-time NBA All-Star

Doesn't matter if God's there or not.

I know for an absolute fact that the Devil exists. Or at least what Satan embodies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    heaven or hell.
    So you're saying your God created all other gods and has since sent all of those other gods to either heaven or hell?

It's kind of hilarious and sad at same time, atheists really think they are more intelligent because of what they believe.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    It's kind of hilarious and sad at same time, atheists really think they are more intelligent because of what they believe.
    They on average do have higher IQ and critical thinking abilities though.

But religious people usually treat each other with more decency and trust and have more fulfilling social lives/families.

And...

The smartest and intellectually gifted are prone to depression and feeling as if they don't belong
    The happiest people live blisfully ignorant
    The physically strongset people are sometimes some of the most insecure
    The nicest people are often stepped on
    The most financially productive people often have deep relational flaws
    The people with the best relationships are often servile and stupid
    The savants and artists of the world would be laughed at if they were trying to engage in a simple conversation (aspergers and autistics are overly represented)
    Famous people can't even take a sh!t without being harassed.

Like the old saying goes "God Giveth God Taketh".

No worries to each their own. Choose your goals wisely and execute.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 09-13-2013 at 09:58 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    But religious people usually treat each other with more decency and trust and have more fulfilling social lives/families.
    Can you demonstrate any of that? In the US at least the divorce rate is far higher for Christians than it is for Atheists/Agnostics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeh008
    Who made God?
    This

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRings
    What experiences have led you to knowing that God is real? I'd genuinely like to know Fresh Kid. People of all different religions claim this, but they can't all be correct, right? These people all believe in different things that contradict the other's beliefs. Since they can't all be right, we can conclude that there is a lot of hallucination going on. I'm sure you would agree with me that Hindus, Muslims, etc. were hallucinating when they claim to have an experience with a god other than the Christian one, right?

So in other words, we don't know for certain that all religions are false, but what we do know is that the human mind is very susceptible to hallucination. No disagreement between us so far, right?
    I
    There's no reason that Christians are special and somehow immune from hallucination. This is not to say that God does not exist for a fact, because I can't say that, but Christianity is no different from any other religion in the sense that there is no real evidence to back it up, so Christianity is no more likely to be true than any other religion. All people of any religion have is their personal experiences, and if we are taking personal experience as real evidence then that means that every different god that people believe in is real. Obviously that's not what Christians believe though. They believe that there god is the only god, but if they were brought up with a different religion they would think that another god and religion were real based on whatever personal experiences they had. This is why faith is a terrible reason to believe in anything.

As far as Heaven goes, I don't mind not going. Try to think of the time before you were born. Was it a bad time? No. You didn't care that you weren't alive, because you didn't exist to care. I think it will be the same after we die. We won't exist so we won't be able to care that we're not in some Heaven. The idea of living forever in Heaven actually scared me more as a Christian child than the idea of Hell did, since it would seem you would go crazy of boredom after a while. 70 or 80 years of living sound like plenty to me, but I suppose if God turned me into a zombie who was constantly happy and couldn't get bored, I guess Heaven might be alright. If evidence is ever found for a Heaven, I'll accept that it's real, but not until then. I think most religious people are afraid of death and they believe they've signed a contract that helps them avoid the unavoidable, and this is why they don't spend much time or any time at all looking at opposing viewpoints. It would be unacceptable to them for them to be wrong about Heaven. The Universe doesn't care what we want though. Wanting to win the lottery really badly isn't going to make it any more likely.

When it comes to your question of who created everything, that's a bad question. No one created everything. Not knowing how everything came into existence does not mean that a conscious mind created it.

I'm not necessarily trying to change your mind here Fresh Kid, but it's good for you to understand your opponents position better so you can better defend your own position in the future. I get along fine with religious people in real life. Some of my friends are religious. My parents are hardcore Christians and I get along with them great. Cheers Fresh Kid
    Its basically experiences that anybody can go thru. Im just one of those many believers who picked up on it. Experiences like close deaths, 2nd chances in life that God gives us for not losing faith in him, not losing faith in something, or just catching a break that we deserved. Even tha government and illuminati which iz beyond real, sick, and scary, and thats what satan want us to think that God isnt real, life is a big party and a fairytale, dats part of tha big deception, we cant fall into that trap. Any situation we go through, we always have God talking to us or satan talk to us, or both, aka our conscience, we always have a choice to pick a side or not, like if u tryna decide on to go thru a situation that u know its bad but thats like satan encouraging u to go thru, and if tha situation iz a good thing a right choice than that's from God, but its all about spiritual discernment, which can be tricky at times, but once u get really deep in it then u will understand. Its not really even about religion, its about knowing whats right from wrong, I used to be a "pagan christian" but then I realized a lot of things didnt add up and extra stuff to go with it. im just a follower of God who believes in Christ, cuz various religions take it so far where its just crazy. we didnt knew heaven before we were born cuz we didnt exist of course and our soul wasnt here, now of course when we all die our souls will go somewhere, our soul wont stay in our body when we die that dont make any sense. At tha end of tha day people are going to believe in what they want, but remember when its too late its gonna be too late...

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    cuz they have no morals, think about tha rich and poor, rich think they are so better than tha poor mainly cuz of their their money, rich lifestyle and many rich people would step on poor people just to get richer not really caring for tha poor but would use them just like government and celebrities, having regular people and poor people look up to them and try to be like them. meanwhile most of tha regular people and poor people have bigger hearts than tha rich, care about their fam, friends and community way more than tha rich, and remember tha right set of regular and poor could make a positive difference while tha tons of evil rich would never give it thought.

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    This
    nobody made God. that's why hes called tha creator.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

To all tha atheists out there... If you dont think God iz real then who made us? who made tha world? sun, moon stars,oceans, animals, continents, etc. ask these questions to yourselves...
    wow, you blew my mind!

BTW a basic course in the history of the universe would probably help your incredibly ignorant argument.

raep tiem

nobody made God. that's why hes called tha creator.
    Tyler The Creator = 2nd coming?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

cuz they have no morals, think about tha rich and poor, rich think they are so better than tha poor mainly cuz of their their money, rich lifestyle and many rich people would step on poor people just to get richer not really caring for tha poor but would use them just like government and celebrities, having regular people and poor people look up to them and try to be like them. meanwhile most of tha regular people and poor people have bigger hearts than tha rich, care about their fam, friends and community way more than tha rich, and remember tha right set of regular and poor could make a positive difference while tha tons of evil rich would never give it thought.
    this is the most ignorant shit I have ever heard. You think morality is reserved for the followers of one particular creation myth (out of thousands)? All human cultures have morals or standards of behavior. Most of the morals in modern american society are based on the rule of law and the social contract.