Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season

Default Re: Off-season

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Will GS ever win though? They're counting on a couple injury prone guys to lead them. Jazz need to start developing a pg now not next year. I'd try to get their guy this year if there's someone they like. Marshall sounds like their type of player.
    You'd have to hope so. Mark Jackson promised playoffs this year, so I doubt ownership would be happy with another sucky year, and Jackson's job could be on the line over it. And at the very least it's still an asset they could use in another trade down the line.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I'd consider trading it now if they can get into the draft and get someone they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I'd consider trading it now if they can get into the draft and get someone they want.
    Yea, makes sense if you see a player you really want. I'm not sure who'd be willing to give up a 1st now for a 1st later though.

Marshall. Their own pick next year won't be that good if they get the right players this year.

Royce Young: Eric Maynor is on the practice floor doing some pretty aggressive shooting drills. Great to see. Twitter
    How'd he look running the Jazz offense? I think I only saw him once.

He could probably be had though coming off injury he might have to sign for a lot less money and OKC might be able to afford him now.

[QUOTE]Over the next few weeks, don

O’Connor and other members of the Jazz staff travel to Chicago this week for the pre-draft camp as they begin their search for the next Millsap or Williams.

When they return home, the Jazz will invite a handful of players to Utah for workouts during a 10-day period prior to the draft.

As always, O’Connor said, the goal is to find and draft "the best player available."
    If the best player available isn't a pg or at least a combo guard or someone they can leave stash overseas they should trade or sell the pick.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 06-03-2012 at 01:04 AM.

[QUOTE]Word has it Nash and the Suns have agreed that if Nash is leaving Phoenix that the franchise would help facilitate a sign and trade deal to insure Steve gets the maximum dollars for his services and the Suns get something in return for him. Meaning all bets are off on where Nash lands, as cap space and exception money won

Rusty Simmons: Two things overheard in the NBA pre-draft combine lobby that might interest Warriors fans: 1. Chicago is not expected to pick up the $3.7 million option on point guard C.J. Watson; 2. Swingman Josh Howard would love to play for the Warriors. Sulia
    They don't have big money to spend so we should be able to keep Josh away from them if we want. Watson might be someone for the Jazz to look at too.

Shaun Powell: Hornets will entertain offers for 10th pick if someone also agrees to take Ariza or Okafor contracts. Twitter
    Looks like Ariza/Jack(and Vasquez) works for Devin, Earl and Raja. Throw in whatever picks to make it work. Ariza has 2 more years on his deal. While not the great shooter they need and a bit overpaid he could be a good fit and they could afford him even though he cuts into what could be big cap space next year. Jack could start or ideally come off the bench as a combo guard and again not the great shooter they need but a good fit especially off the bench and coming off a career year. Also an expiring contract at a bit less than half of the 3 guys the Jazz give up. The 10th pick they could probably get Marshall or Lilliard. Vasquez looks like a pretty good fit too though not a great shooter either if you want him thrown in on the deal as well. With his size he could play next to Jack.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 06-06-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Veteran point guard Jose Calderon (who possesses an expiring contract in 2012-13) and young big man Ed Davis are among the players that the Raptors would conceivably be willing to put into a trade package. ESPN.com
    Sounds like they want a veteran small forward though.

Marc Stein: Draft buzz: Hearing that teams calling Hornets being told that it'll take more to get No. 10 pick than taking on Ariza or Okafor contract Twitter
    How much more? Expiring contracts/TPE/GS protected pick/future Jazz picks could be quite a lot with or without Jack and/or Vasquez in the deal. They want Jefferson next to Davis? They'd actually be a good pair.

Sam Amico: And yes, sounds like Hornets are willing to move their 10th pick. But you'd better give them a starting-caliber point guard in return. Twitter
    You're in luck. Introducing Devin Harris!

North Carolina's Kendall Marshall is meeting with ‪#Blazers‬ today. He says he's hearing he'll be a late lottery pick. Twitter
    Wonder if they Jazz talked to him just in case?

If drafted, Hummel likely will be a late second-round selection. He has a workout coming up with the Bulls as well as ones with the Cavaliers, Jazz and Pacers. There are about a dozen workouts planned in total before draft night. "A lot of teams are interested," Hummel said. "It helps that doubt has been eliminated with my knees. As long as I keep that going in the right direction, I'm confident I'll be taken." Chicago Tribune
    Looks like their kind of player but they don't need him.