Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Default Re: NBA 2k14

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    To all you dumb mother****ers...
    Relax, man. I'm not one of those "dumb mother[color=black]fu[/color]ckers," but I still think this is too much, dude. It's not that serious.

... who think PS4 isn't as big a step-up as PS2 to PS3 *cough* *cough* AlphaWolf24 *cough* ........

And that 3rd picture isn't even actual 2K13, it's a PC Mod on 2K13, yet it still looks like crap compared to next-gen LeBron.

Also another thing is look how much the current-gen has evolved from when it came out to now...
    Yeah, the graphics are amazing, but I am pondering over what the gameplay will be like. I'd rather have the shitty graphics and better gameplay than better graphics and same gameplay.

NBA 2K6 on Xbox 360

Is that DWade trying to block LeBron? I don't know anyone else on the Heat who wore #3, so ... WTF? Looks nothing like DWade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Is that DWade trying to block LeBron? I don't know anyone else on the Heat who wore #3, so ... WTF? Looks nothing like DWade.
    Looks like Joel Anthony

Banned

New signature skills announced along with the new LeBron Coast-To-Coast Signature Skill you get when you pre-order the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diI_ePndjqk

New signature skills announced along with the new LeBron Coast-To-Coast Signature Skill you get when you pre-order the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diI_ePndjqk
    WTF they trying to make it even more unbalanced? Adding ridiculous contact dunks for Lebron? What exactly were they thinking, "Oh hey you know Lebron only dunks on 3 people in our game, lets create a skill that helps him out and gives him even MORE speed and power to dunk on 5 people!". Genius.

ehhhh, I'm probably just going to stick with 2k13 on my PC. Sick of 2k feeding us all bullshit over and over again.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    ehhhh, I'm probably just going to stick with 2k13 on my PC. Sick of 2k feeding us all bullshit over and over again.
    What's online play like for PC?

NBA 2K14 Knicks vs. Lakers Full Game - 4 Quarters of Gameplay (Current-gen)

I've not watched much as I'm only getting it for PS4, but doesn't look bad at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C0FlINsEFk

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer

I've not watched much as I'm only getting it for PS4, but doesn't look bad at all!

Wow. Looks like a completely new game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Wow. Looks like a completely new game.
    That's what it is

Looks great gameplay-wise. Can't wait for it to come out. They went in the right direction with this game. October 4th can't come any faster

Ugh.. I was watching the gameplay, and the game does look much better, but it was pissing me off because every so often they'd leave the gameplay and just zoom in on Ronnie2K & LD2K. I don't get it... Was it because they were about to do some dribble moves they didn't want us to see yet? I know at one point, Ronnie was driving to the basket and they zoomed out of the gameplay and onto the guys' faces, then LD2K said, "Nice lay-up." Why didn't they show us the lay-up?
    For the most part, they kept discussing animations that were already there in 2K13. The taunting at the FT line by Kobe was new, sure, but most of the animations Ronnie seemed to want us to notice have been around for a while.

Either way, I'm more intrigued by the game now, but I kind of think I'll wait a fews months until the price drop. Maybe buy the game used instead.

That's what it is

Looks great gameplay-wise. Can't wait for it to come out. They went in the right direction with this game. October 4th can't come any faster
    Fanboy radar is going out of control right now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Fanboy radar is going out of control right now.
    I amn't a fanboy. I bet you're the kind of guy that sees the graphics and judges it on that. The gameplay in this game looks awesome, and is awesome from what I've heard from people who've played it. Read this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...illiams55.html

Banned

Sup y'all?

Let me start with some background then I'll dive into the questions from my original Vegas thread.

So I arrived at the EXPO with the other billions of people and finally made it over to the 2K booth were they had 8 stations setup with 2K14, all first quarter 6 minutes long and only Spurs v Heat, you could switch between teams though. The build itself was extremely basic, no PnR action, no Playcalling, broadcast cam, pro settings.

So I get there at 11am, play until 1230-1'ish when Ronnie and LD2K arrived, so I stopped playing (somewhat) and talked to them for the most part until PG arrived (115ish until 230ish iirc) PG thoroughly whipped Ronnie. After PG left, Ronnie was floating around the booth, LD2K was sitting in a chair where Lids (OS) and I had surrounded him and was picking his brain and just general chatting about all things 2K/NBA, future of, visions, etc... Very enlightening talk, Chris and Ronnie are both standup peeps, very down to earth (as Lids said), they believe in the product (not just business belief either) but truly want the best basketball sim (yes SIM) possible, but alas they are not the makers nor the directors. They both want to be as transparent as possible but they still have strings attached (so to speak) to them. Don't look into the 'strings' part, its the best wording I can think of this morning.

So back to the chatting, from 230 - 4ish it was LD2K (Chris), Lids and I, straight up, no one else. At 4-415ish, they had to get ready to leave, and so, by the graces of all things 2K, Lids and I were both invited to come hang while they spent their free time before having to leave for PAX (oh yeah, some info will be dropped there, so be ready for that). So from 415ish until 715, I was able to talk to Ronnie and Chris (unfiltered) (Lids had to bounce for a bit but made it back around 7) so it was literally Ronnie, Chris and me for roughly 3 hours. Alot of things were discussed, some I can talk about some I can't, so much intertwined that I feel for how the Czar has to choose his words when he posts.

On that 3 hours... we talked/discussed current gen, next gen, future of both, marketing for both, gameplay ideas, whats doable, what not, etc etc etc... but let me get straight to next gen since its very easy to talk about. I got no info on it, they would not discuss it, period, but, let me say, they were bursting at the seams wanting to talk about it, more so than a 300lb man at an all you can eat.

They were honestly giddy about next gen and what its gonna do, but at the same time they had that childish fever about it, they also didn't want to dismiss want current gen has to offer.

Man, there is a lot I want to say, but just can't quite say outright and will wait until after some more official things are said.

Current Gen (CG)

CG is the culmination of 2k11 - 2k13, the best of each one mashed together, ironed out, tuned and balanced on both sides of the ball. Even with the lame demo build that was there, it was smoother, cleaner and more polished feeling than 13, yes that noticeable even on the demo build.

The build Ronnie and PG played on, made the demo feel a year old, it was 10x smoother/cleaner than the demo build. It was played on PS3 throughout the EXPO, with no noticeable jaggies anywhere, that is how smooth it looked. I was surprised by that, since the PS3 versions have always had that noticeable lack of graphical quality than the Xbox versions, that was no longer apparent. But I also did not get to see a Xbox version either, so take that for what it is. Just know that 14 is not a 10x increase on graphics (they are maxed out of memory on CG) but it is cleaner and more polished looking.

Graphic wise I guess one COULD say 14 is NBA2K13.5, but I wouldn't worry about that aspect, 14 gameplay wise is >>>> 13.

So while 14 might look like 13, it definitely does not play like it.

Not gonna get into details quite yet, but will when I go through and answer the questions, that's where you'll find the meat and potatoes. And at the end of the q/a section, I will leave y'all with one MAJOR TEASE. Yes... yes... hate me now.
    **NOW FOR THE TEASE**

--------------------------------------------------------
    WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A MODE THAT WILL MAKE YOU FORGET ABOUT MYPLAYER + CREW? SO MINDSHATTERING THAT THOSE MODES WOULD DROP OFF THE MAP (so to speak).

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...illiams55.html

Banned

**NOW FOR THE TEASE**

WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A MODE THAT WILL MAKE YOU FORGET ABOUT MYPLAYER + CREW? SO MINDSHATTERING THAT THOSE MODES WOULD DROP OFF THE MAP (so to speak).

DAMMIT DON'T TEASE ME!

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer

Stopped watching when Bargnani got an offensive rebound. I though this was supposed to be a SIM game?!?