View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #43
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Default Re: Bold Prediction: Tony Parkers gets MVP this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
What you're arguing though is pretty irrelevant. No shit Parker is a fantastic player and the Spurs would be hurt some without him. My point was he's far less important to the Spurs than CP3 is to the Clippers. CP3 also has better all around stats and impact. So the only grounds anybody would have to place Parker above Paul THIS YEAR or any other year would be team record, which as I said is pretty negligible.

I called Parker the 5 or 6 in the MVP race so It's not me disrespecting him. It's just that Lebron, KD, CP3 and Melo have all been clearly better players and more MVP worthy than Parker, so by default he should be no higher than 5.

There's also the eye test. It's not a basic objective measure. I'm using my eyes and I see Parker impacting the game at a higher level this season. His consistency is incredible. Every game, he's simply doing the right thing, all the time.

Paul has more impact on his best days, but Parker is having his best day with regularity. Every single game, he's doing it. He's not better than Paul, but I think he's clearly had the better season, to this point.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote