Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: I think the Knicks could rip through the East

Quote Originally Posted by The Nets
    Well the 06-07 Warriors beat the 67 wins Mavs, are they better than the Mavs? Nope, they just got the matchup advantage against Mavs, and when this advantage was no longer present in 2nd round they got crushed by the Utah Jazz in 5 games.
    I agree with the match up thing but all im saying is there is no proof that this years heat team is better than the knicks at this time(and the knicks still missing starters)especially after being completely dominated by them on both sides of the floor in their head 2 head games.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb
    That's not what I meant at all. Melo is a scorer that will get his points, but I don't have any faith in Amare. Westbrook can get into the paint more easily than Felton, and Chandler and Perkins both only know the post move "Splash."

Honestly, the Thunder have just as much an inside scoring presence as the Knicks in Ibaka. I will not be surprised whatsoever if Bosh goes crazy in a series against the Knicks.

I'm not following you here. Perkins and Chandler can't be compared. Period.

Chandler currently is the best pick and roll big man in the league. He's been 3rd for a number of years, behind Amare (the best all time along with Karl Malone), and Dwight Howard. He vertically stretches the floor, and must be accounted for either allowing an easy basket for 3, or getting an easy basket himself.

Melo's not just a scorer, Melo's a post force that must be double teamed in the post. The Thunder absolutely don't have anyone like him in that department. Amare, can be a midpost/low post threat, and is better than Chandler at what he does.

I'm just saying people. The Knicks are a super team, and I'm just happy to be the first person smart enough to realize it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    I'm just saying people. The Knicks are a super team, and I'm just happy to be the first person smart enough to realize it.
    You aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Bookmarked and future repped.

Knew I could count on you

Local High School Star

Great team. Lets be real though. Miami Plays elite defense in the playoffs. They run a fast pace game when they catch you slipping. They will slow the pace down on defense. Lots of good 3 point shooters. Best player in the world.

As a celtic fan I feel comfortable saying heat are gonna be EC champs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    Great team. Lets be real though. Miami Plays elite defense in the playoffs. They run a fast pace game when they catch you slipping. They will slow the pace down on defense. Lots of good 3 point shooters. Best player in the world.

As a celtic fan I feel comfortable saying heat are gonna be EC champs.
    The Heat can't turn up their defense enough to shut down the Knicks in a series. They've got too many was to beat you. Plus. The Knicks struggle to defend the 3pt line, especially when they have to defend the paint, and the Knicks make you defend both.

Also, the Knicks play one of the slowest paces in the league, and push it selectively. So slower pacing means nothing.

But aside from the size and the 3pt shooting, the biggest problem the Knicks bring to the Heat is that they are on an all time record pace for not turning the ball over, plus they force turnovers themselves.

They can only win when they play this style we have seen a lot and do it with Carmelo at the 3. Once the Bargnani trade is over and they can use shumpert at gaurd you're looking at the next dynasty

Michael Jordan of ISH

the thunder would literally sweep the Knicks

Durant>>>Melo
    Westbrook>>>Felton
    Ibaka=Chandler
    Martin>>>JR Smith
    Sefolosha=Kidd
    Collison>>Sheed

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy

the thunder would literally sweep the Knicks

Durant=Melo
    Westbrook>>>Felton
    Ibaka=Chandler
    Martin>JR Smith
    Sefolosha=Kidd
    Collison>>Sheed
    FIFY, but what you got for Amare/Shumpert/and Marcus Camby?

Decent college freshman

the heat are better, so is bulls with rose.
    And celtics will turn it on come playoffs.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Knew I could count on you
    Hilarious because you quoted sarcastic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    Hilarious because you quoted sarcastic.

Future negged

i think the heat are better in the long run.

we really are only talking about two teams in the East, the Knicks and the Heat

I think in the season, the Knicks might end up with the better record, but in a 7 game series, after the first two games and all the adjustments are made, the Heat are more of a threat. they play so well off their defence and there aren't really any adjustments you can make against their offense which is really unstructured and and is predicated on dribble drives to the rim. As long as they have two players that can get two the rim and draw fouls at will, I don't know how you can beat them in a 7 game series

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    i think the heat are better in the long run.

we really are only talking about two teams in the East, the Knicks and the Heat

I think in the season, the Knicks might end up with the better record, but in a 7 game series, after the first two games and all the adjustments are made, the Heat are more of a threat. they play so well off their defence and there aren't really any adjustments you can make against their offense which is really unstructured and and is predicated on dribble drives to the rim. As long as they have two players that can get two the rim and draw fouls at will, I don't know how you can beat them in a 7 game series

At this point yes only the Knicks and Heat. But, the Bulls are a good team now and Rose should be back maybe February, that's more than enough time prior to the postseason for them to prove if he can work his way back to game shape and make them a contender too. They're the best defense in the NBA or at least one of the top 3, they just need a guy that can carry the offense...I doubt that Rose can do it this season, but by playoff time? Who knows.

But that positionless crap, is exactly why the Knicks have the advantage. When the Knicks go small with Melo at the 4, they matchup better than any team in the league with the Heat, because of Tyson in the middle and Melo is physical and more of a true 4 than Lebron for sure, plus they don't turn the ball over. But, they have the ability to go big and take advantage when they need to. The Heat are positionless, because they couldn't sign Marcus Camby.